• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Using Sprinkles (Feb. Guest Special)

In summary, Tammy is looking for a skillet cake or microwave cake recipe that uses the cinnamon or caramel sprinkles. There are several recipes that use these sprinkles, and one that uses monkey bread.
sburnside
Gold Member
Does anyone have a skillet cake or microwave cake recipe that uses the cinnamon or caramel sprinkles? I am providing ingredients for my early February shows in an effort to get more points. So, I'm looking for an inexpensive dessert recipe that goes along the mini ham puffs. I don't want another recipe that uses crescent rolls so I was thinking along the lines of a cake. Anyone have a recommendation?

Someone posted one a few weeks ago that is very simple (I apologize I don't remember who). You use either a carrot cake or spice cake mix and put in a 15 oz. can of pumpkin--that's it. She said she made them in the mini muffin pan and sprinkled the tops with the two different sprinkles so people could get a taste of both. I thought it was a tremendous idea and will probably use it at several parties next month. It will go well with your mini ham puffs, I think. Good luck!

Tammy

You could also do monkey bread in the saute pan.

I do the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and have been sprinkling Caramel Sprinkles on top of that with the Pecans....and letting guests sprinkle some on top of the ice cream I serve on the side with it......I sell caramel sprinkles to almost everyone at the shows where I do this!!

Do you leave off the extra caramel topping then so the taste is not so overwhelming or do the sprinkles just enhance the flavor? I think I'll try this one tonight...what a sacrifice.

I make it just like normal, and just add the sprinkles....I'm doing it for a chocolate Bliss Show on Tuesday in fact!

ChefBeckyD said:
I do the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and have been sprinkling Caramel Sprinkles on top of that with the Pecans....and letting guests sprinkle some on top of the ice cream I serve on the side with it......I sell caramel sprinkles to almost everyone at the shows where I do this!!
Oooh, yummy, good idea! Another quick and easy thing we can do to bring with us to shows is the Sweet Caramel Cashews recipe that's in the new SBRC. Its' for the Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad, but they'd be good just to pass around the show in a SA bowl. It uses the caramel sprinkles. I know cashews aren't cheap, but if there's a good deal on them somewhere, this would be a fun way for people to taste the sprinkles and hear of something new you can do with them.

I'm making this salad for our big kick off meeting Monday the 4th and I can't wait!!:D

You can get a big jar of cashews at Costco for far less than the little cans at the grocery store. That cashews idea is a good one.

1. Can I use any type of sprinkles for the cake?

Yes, you can use any type of sprinkles for the cake. We recommend using nonpareil sprinkles for a classic look, but feel free to get creative with different shapes and colors!

2. How many servings does the cake using sprinkles recipe make?

The cake using sprinkles recipe makes approximately 12 servings. Depending on the size of your slices, you may be able to get more or less servings.

3. Can I substitute the cake mix for a different flavor?

Yes, you can substitute the cake mix for a different flavor. We recommend using a white or vanilla cake mix to allow the sprinkles to stand out, but you can use any flavor you prefer.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make this cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make this cake. A standard 9-inch round cake pan and basic baking tools will do the trick.

5. Can I make this cake in advance?

Yes, you can make this cake in advance. We recommend storing it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
Replies