• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Box Trading at the Outlet: Will it Return?

or whomever you are dealing with... your mailing address and they will take care of the rest!I love the surprise boxes and the mayhem that goes on at conference swapping product. I usually get one of each box. I would love additional SA pieces, Generation II cookware (single kids), old S/B cookbooks, older Quick Stir Pitcher, White TTA. I could go on and on and on.I'm not really into the Surprise Boxes. I love watching everyone open theirs and I even traded a $5 bill with someone for the Patriotic Apron 2 years ago. I guess I'm accumulating so much PC stuff that I can't justify buying more - even if it is a deal and I
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I wonder if they are going to have the boxes this year? With the outlet open now, they might not. It was fun trading at the table.

What did you guys get last year in the surprise boxes? Were you happy with your purchase?

I am hoping for those $2 tongs. I have people ask for them all the time!

Chef Bobby said:
I wonder if they are going to have the boxes this year? With the outlet open now, they might not. It was fun trading at the table.

Fun?? It was MY FAVORITE THING TO DO!! :love: LOL I was so addicted trading it wasn't even funny! I was trading for my clustermates, and even people I had never met.

Apparently I was quite good at it. I will miss it this year...but next year, WATCH OUT!!:D

There was striped platters, a few hat and apron kids sets--which were like gold, serving fork, toaster bags, lemonade mixer, ice shavers, quick stir pitchers, measuring cups....

I can only imagine maybe some professional cookware will be in some of the boxes this year..........I am definitely getting some boxes even though I am not going!!:thumbup:

I am sure they will have them...we had the outlet last yr and they still had the boxes.

We had an outlet last year and we still have the surprise boxes. Remember you could choose retired product boxes, logo wear boxes or something else?
I sure hope they still have them - I have such fun and meet some great people every year at the surprise boxes!

I was debating on doing a surprise box again this year! It's so tempting!

I didn't get over to them until late last year and they were all out of the boxes I was interested in by then. I had done the boxes every year up til then - such fun! Hopefully they'll do them again and then I'll need to decide if I want to lug the box to the hotel (I'm driving) or just mail it...

Anyone going that would be interested in buying a surprise box for me and havng it shipped to me? You can PM me if so.

I love the surprise boxes and the mayhem that goes on at conference swapping product. I usually get one of each box. I would love additional SA pieces, Generation II cookware (single kids), old S/B cookbooks, older Quick Stir Pitcher, White TTA. I could go on and on and on.

They are addicting!

Too addicting!
Remember, too - you can open one of the boxes and put any other purchases/freebies in there and have it all shipped home.

ljeffries said:
Too addicting!
Remember, too - you can open one of the boxes and put any other purchases/freebies in there and have it all shipped home.

That's GREAT to do on the last day...my friends and I usually go over and grab "just one more" (LOL) and pack our business supplies in them so we aren't lugging a bunch of mini catalogs, clothes, etc, home w/ us!

Oh man....why are you torturing me when we have over a week till conference?

This sounds like FUN! Thanks for sharing!

So will someone from wave one at least let us know if they have them this year. It is my 1st yr and have heard great things about them. Just need to plan the cash funds for wave 2. PLEASE!!!

This is my first year too, and a few years ago, my old consultant let me and my best friend have one and we were so excited just as hosts to see what was in there, so I cannot imagine how giddy I am going to be this year!!! I am an ice shaver FANATIC. I am a sno-cone-aholic, so if I can get another one with the bowls, that would be awesome!!

Last edited:
susanr613 said:
Oh man....why are you torturing me when we have over a week till conference?

This sounds like FUN! Thanks for sharing!

OMG - it is SO much fun. Tell ya what Susan - CALL me on my cell when you're heading over to the surprise boxes area and we'll hoot & holler together!!

you know i will carolyn :)

Am I the only one who is just not that into the Surprise Boxes? I love watching everyone open theirs and I even traded a $5 bill with someone for the Patriotic Apron 2 years ago. I guess I'm accumulating so much PC stuff that I can't justify buying more - even if it is a deal and I have a hard time passing on a good deal. Is there something wrong with me? LOL

Kodeysmom said:
Anyone going that would be interested in buying a surprise box for me and havng it shipped to me? You can PM me if so.

All you need to do is give your consultant ID to someone and they can have it charged to your debit card. I did it for a friend of mine last year. If you want, I can do it for you. Just let me know.

I use the stuff in them for giveaways, for charity raffles, etc. Plus, last year I got the double boiler that I was desparate for! The year before the stoneware wooden trivet. I can always use more towels, another cutting board, etc. Plus, I think they bring out the haggler in me. Hate garage sales, but somehow love the surprise box frenzy.

pamperedlinda said:
Am I the only one who is just not that into the Surprise Boxes? I love watching everyone open theirs and I even traded a $5 bill with someone for the Patriotic Apron 2 years ago. I guess I'm accumulating so much PC stuff that I can't justify buying more - even if it is a deal and I have a hard time passing on a good deal. Is there something wrong with me? LOL

Big Surprise for you Linda - but I have never bought a surprise box! At first, it was because I was new, and there was so much NEW stuff I wanted - I didn't want to spend my money on retired stuff. Now - I have so much current stuff, and stuff that has become retired through the years, that I just don't have room, or want to spend the money for retired products. The only thing I would have wanted I just bought 10 pair of from the outlet!:eek: (old Kitchen Shears)

I'm just not that into it - so if there is something wrong with you, then I have the same affliction!

I didn't do the surprise boxes last year either!! I have 1 ? though. I attended Wave 1 last year so they were soo many surprise boxes, now this year we are in Wave 3 will they be picked over???? I'm getting excited about maybe doing one now!!! LOL :confused::eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Big Surprise for you Linda - but I have never bought a surprise box! At first, it was because I was new, and there was so much NEW stuff I wanted - I didn't want to spend my money on retired stuff. Now - I have so much current stuff, and stuff that has become retired through the years, that I just don't have room, or want to spend the money for retired products. The only thing I would have wanted I just bought 10 pair of from the outlet!:eek: (old Kitchen Shears)

I'm just not that into it - so if there is something wrong with you, then I have the same affliction!

Whew! Glad to know I'm in good company here (not that the other's are bad company :cool:) I was almost afraid to post that admission though. That was my reasoning for not buying them the past 2 years - I was tempted though, very tempted!

I bought 2 pairs of the kitchen shears from the outlet and when the guac mix appeared I bought 12 boxes of it :D I sure hope they bring it back.

pamperedlinda said:
Whew! Glad to know I'm in good company here (not that the other's are bad company :cool:) I was almost afraid to post that admission though. That was my reasoning for not buying them the past 2 years - I was tempted though, very tempted!

I bought 2 pairs of the kitchen shears from the outlet and when the guac mix appeared I bought 12 boxes of it :D I sure hope they bring it back.

Oh yeah - the Guac Mix....I bought a bunch of that too. I wonder if there is any chance it would be like the cake mixes from a couple years back? I shipped home all kinds of lemon cake mixes - by the end of conference, they were telling us we could take as many as we wanted! I think I had 10 or 12 of them!:eek:

Oh my, I forgot about the lemon cake mixes! I brought home 6 of them and still have 5 in my pantry. I made it once and wasn't that crazy about it. Do they expire?

Hey, you are a cake snob like me, what did you do with yours?

pamperedlinda said:
Oh my, I forgot about the lemon cake mixes! I brought home 6 of them and still have 5 in my pantry. I made it once and wasn't that crazy about it. Do they expire?

I gave my Lemon Cakes to my hosts that fall..never heard how they were though, I don't like lemon! :yuck:

mrsbettyboop0000 said:
I didn't do the surprise boxes last year either!! I have 1 ? though. I attended Wave 1 last year so they were soo many surprise boxes, now this year we are in Wave 3 will they be picked over???? I'm getting excited about maybe doing one now!!! LOL :confused::eek:

I was in Wave 2 last year and the only thing picked over was the business supplies boxes..they ran out...

dannyzmom said:
OMG - it is SO much fun. Tell ya what Susan - CALL me on my cell when you're heading over to the surprise boxes area and we'll hoot & holler together!!

Me too, me too! LOL

pamperedlinda said:

LOL

I used them to make cupcakes in the silicone cupcake pan for my hosts that September......and I still have 4-5 in the back of my pantry too!:D:D:D

pamperedlinda said:
Am I the only one who is just not that into the Surprise Boxes?..... Is there something wrong with me? LOL

Linda, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all! I think that makes you a really strong person. I guess I just think I'm getting a "deal". I don't really need anything else either. I've been a consultant for a little over a year, but a super-host for a long time and I can't even fit all my stuff in my kitchen, it has spilled over to other areas of the house. So, I definitely don't NEED anything... lol!!

pamperedlinda said:

Yep - there's something very wrong with you ;)

what are the approximate costs for the surprise boxes?

chefmoseley said:
what are the approximate costs for the surprise boxes?

I vaguely recall the choices were like $15, $25, $40?

dannyzmom said:

I'm pretty sure that's what they were!!

Yeah, they are pretty low cost for the AMOUNT of product you get..

mrsbettyboop0000 said:
I'm pretty sure that's what they were!!

Are the prices just bigger boxes, more stuff? Does anyone remember what shipping costs were like? I know alot of questions.

dannyzmom said:
Yep - there's something very wrong with you ;)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/lxxxviii/b020.gif

Hmm... I'm in wave three, maybe they will be all picked through and I don't have to worry about the temptations! I would like some logo merchandise but it sounds like they may be sold out. They should hold back a certain number of boxes per wave so that we all get a chance.

wadesgirl said:
Hmm... I'm in wave three, maybe they will be all picked through and I don't have to worry about the temptations! I would like some logo merchandise but it sounds like they may be sold out. They should hold back a certain number of boxes per wave so that we all get a chance.

I agree! Give us all a chance and the wonderful boxes! I can't wait to see these. I am going to have to start saving some more money.

wadesgirl said:

My understanding is that is what they do. They have skids of boxes for each wave - so when the Wave one boxes are gone, they are gone - they don't break open the Wave two boxes.

I don't do the suprise boxes any longer either. My husband says that we have MORE than enough product at our house. For the first 2 years that they offered the boxes I justified it by saying I would use the stuff for prizes and/or giveaway items, but have never done that. I felt bad giving away a discontinued product.

However, I will get one of the business materials boxes if they have any left by Wave 3. That would be really cool!

ChefBeckyD said:
My understanding is that is what they do. They have skids of boxes for each wave - so when the Wave one boxes are gone, they are gone - they don't break open the Wave two boxes.

That's right. I was in Wave 1 last year and they only had the product boxes left when I got over there on day 3. They take care of all of us!

Cool! So maybe by the third wave, we'll have all your left overs!

Ahhh whats a surprise box??? Details please.... :confused:

Jenni said:
Ahhh whats a surprise box??? Details please.... :confused:

They're boxes full of retired products and past consultant incentive items. HO sells them at conference. The best part is watching people trade items.

pamperedlinda said:

No, Linda, you're not alone. I did the surprise boxes the first year I went to Conf., but that was enough for me. After that, I had no interest (probably b/c I have 2-3 of everything!!!) ;)

PamperChefCarol said:
All you need to do is give your consultant ID to someone and they can have it charged to your debit card. I did it for a friend of mine last year. If you want, I can do it for you. Just let me know.

I use the stuff in them for giveaways, for charity raffles, etc. Plus, last year I got the double boiler that I was desparate for! The year before the stoneware wooden trivet. I can always use more towels, another cutting board, etc. Plus, I think they bring out the haggler in me. Hate garage sales, but somehow love the surprise box frenzy.

This is how I feel about the Mystery Boxes too...Love em! And thanks for the info about getting them for someone else-I did not know that. I have a recruit who absolutely couldn't come to conference this year for some sad personal reasons and I think she would love one. Thanks!

How much do they cost???

Jenni said:
How much do they cost???

dannyzmom said:

The prices may vary, but they were $15, $25 and $40 in the past. Nothing has been published that they will be available this year, so don't expect them. Then you'll be pleasantly surprised if they are available.

ChefBeckyD said:

Linda and Becky...

I feel the same way about the boxes! I got to be "in" on the fun by going with a clustermate to buy her boxes, but I just can't spend the $$ on retired stuff!

BUT....it sure was FUN being over there and making deals to get her the stuff she wanted!!

<h2>1. Will the outlet be offering box trading this year?</h2><p>Yes, the outlet will still be offering box trading as it has been a popular activity for customers.</p><h2>2. When will the box trading start at the outlet?</h2><p>The box trading will start as soon as the outlet opens for the season. We will announce the exact date on our website and social media channels, so be sure to stay tuned!</p><h2>3. Can I still participate in box trading if I am not able to visit the outlet in person?</h2><p>Unfortunately, box trading is only available at the outlet in person. However, we do offer other options for trading with other consultants, such as through our online trading forum or at our national conferences.</p><h2>4. How does box trading work at the outlet?</h2><p>Box trading at the outlet works like a regular trade, where you bring a box filled with items you no longer want and trade it with another customer's box. It's a great way to get new items for your kitchen at a fraction of the cost!</p><h2>5. Can I bring any items to trade at the outlet?</h2><p>Yes, you can bring any gently used Pampered Chef items to trade at the outlet. However, please make sure they are clean and in good condition. We also recommend bringing items that are still in their original packaging for better trading opportunities.</p>

Related to Box Trading at the Outlet: Will it Return?

1. Will the outlet be offering box trading this year?

Yes, the outlet will still be offering box trading as it has been a popular activity for customers.

2. When will the box trading start at the outlet?

The box trading will start as soon as the outlet opens for the season. We will announce the exact date on our website and social media channels, so be sure to stay tuned!

3. Can I still participate in box trading if I am not able to visit the outlet in person?

Unfortunately, box trading is only available at the outlet in person. However, we do offer other options for trading with other consultants, such as through our online trading forum or at our national conferences.

4. How does box trading work at the outlet?

Box trading at the outlet works like a regular trade, where you bring a box filled with items you no longer want and trade it with another customer's box. It's a great way to get new items for your kitchen at a fraction of the cost!

5. Can I bring any items to trade at the outlet?

Yes, you can bring any gently used Pampered Chef items to trade at the outlet. However, please make sure they are clean and in good condition. We also recommend bringing items that are still in their original packaging for better trading opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
speedychef