• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doug Wilson of Trading Spaces Fame Arrested for DUI in Decatur, IL

In summary, Doug Wilson was arrested for DUI and other related charges in Decatur, Illinois last night. He spent the night in jail.
mrssyvo
Doug Wilson, of Trading Spaces Fame, was arrested in my home town last night, for DUI, failure to pull over for police car with siren going, driving on suspended license. He spent thenight in the Decatur, Il jail. Ha!!!! He grew up near Champaign-Urbana, and went to Uof I, which is about 40 miles from Decatur. he must have been home for the holidays, but I wonder what he was doing drinking in Decatur, of all places- Trust me, Decatur people go to Champaign, at least those with any sense at all.

I'm not interested in trading spaces with him, at least, for now. There's only so much you can do with grey cinder block with lots of ironing.

Isn't he the one that was kind of pompous and full of himself?

Apparently, last night, he was full of something else.

aren't all of those designers full of themselves??lol KG

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212196579.shtml

Yeah...he was the one who I hated to watch because he didn't care what the neighbors told him, he was doing his design. I think his got "redone" more than anyone's!

Coming up next on Trading Spaces...Doug Wilson and Nick Nolte redecorate...
nolteAV.jpg

Awesome quote...

" a friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting besides you saying, 'damn, that was fun!'... "

pcchefjane said:
Yeah...he was the one who I hated to watch because he didn't care what the neighbors told him, he was doing his design. I think his got "redone" more than anyone's!
That describes pretty much all of them, especially Hildi. Which is why I stopped watching that show about 4 years ago. It became less about people who knew each other redoing a room and more about the designers.

I quit watching after Paige left, the show wasn't as much fun anymore. Probably the only one I would want to decorate my house is Laurie - a good southern girl with nice taste. I also liked (wouldn't want in my house though) a lot of Vern's stuff - his was always a very clean look, not something weird. The rest of them went for the shock factor IMO.

pamperedlinda said:
I quit watching after Paige left, the show wasn't as much fun anymore. Probably the only one I would want to decorate my house is Laurie - a good southern girl with nice taste. I also liked (wouldn't want in my house though) a lot of Vern's stuff - his was always a very clean look, not something weird. The rest of them went for the shock factor IMO.

I'm with you!! They finally got the message and brought Paige back, but I still haven't watched it.

I really didn't like him. But this summer he came to Greensburg Kansas and helped out a couple of families who's homes had been destroyed by the tornado. What was amazing is he didn't do anything weird! He totally did a normal house for these people, and was involved in several other projects around town. I couldn't decide which was the phony, the one on trading spaces or this guy, and by the end, I felt like it was the guy he "played" on trading spaces.

Linda, where is Locust Grove located in Ga.

Gail

harmony3 said:
Linda, where is Locust Grove located in Ga.

Gail

@ 35 miles south of downtown Atlanta

Linda, was getting people to hold parties for you in the beginning of your business hard? I am finding that people think the prices are to high or just not interested at all. Maybe it will get better later on.

chefann said:
That describes pretty much all of them, especially Hildi. Which is why I stopped watching that show about 4 years ago. It became less about people who knew each other redoing a room and more about the designers.

Amen! After Hildi glued fake flowers to EVERY wall in someone's bathroom I stopped watching. When I watch Designed to Sell and see what a team can do to 2-3 rooms for $2000.00... why can't the Trading Spaces people do the same thing to one room, with half the budget? Pretty disapointing. I'm glad that Vern Yip and Ty Penington left that show-

Anyway, that's my input, and I could not agree with you more, Ann! :)

PCMelissa said:
aren't all of those designers full of themselves??

lol KG

Right now, I'm full of oatmeal craisin cookies! :) lol :D

I remember that bathroom Kacey! GAG!!! I bet the homeowners were really POd when they had to pull all of those flowers off the wall....then I'm sure they had to resurface the wall too! That was bad.

mrssyvo said:
Doug Wilson, of Trading Spaces Fame, was arrested in my home town last night, for DUI, failure to pull over for police car with siren going, driving on suspended license. He spent thenight in the Decatur, Il jail. Ha!!!! He grew up near Champaign-Urbana, and went to Uof I, which is about 40 miles from Decatur. he must have been home for the holidays, but I wonder what he was doing drinking in Decatur, of all places- Trust me, Decatur people go to Champaign, at least those with any sense at all.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/42000/422711j43_w.jpg
Now that he's been there awhile...

Is that what Martha's cell looked like when she was released?

Kitchen Diva said:
Amen! After Hildi glued fake flowers to EVERY wall in someone's bathroom I stopped watching.

pamperedlinda said:
I remember that bathroom Kacey! GAG!!! I bet the homeowners were really POd when they had to pull all of those flowers off the wall....then I'm sure they had to resurface the wall too! That was bad.
I couldn't stand that bathroom. It was the only bathroom on the show because they're not usually large enough for the crews. And they weren't glued - they were stapled. The friends had blisters all over their hands from the staple guns.

LOVE the redo, KG!

Staples! That's right. Worse than glue.

1. Who is Doug Wilson and what is his connection to Trading Spaces?

Doug Wilson is an American interior designer and television personality who rose to fame as a designer on the popular home renovation show Trading Spaces. He appeared on the show from 2000 to 2008 and has since made guest appearances on various home improvement shows.

2. What happened to Doug Wilson in Decatur, IL?

Doug Wilson was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) in Decatur, IL on April 25, 2018. He was pulled over by police and subsequently failed a field sobriety test. He was then taken into custody and charged with a DUI.

3. Has Doug Wilson been arrested for DUI before?

There is no record of Doug Wilson being arrested for a DUI prior to the incident in Decatur, IL. However, he has been open about his struggles with alcoholism in the past and has sought treatment for it.

4. What are the consequences of Doug Wilson's DUI arrest?

If found guilty, Doug Wilson could face fines, license suspension, and possible jail time for his DUI arrest. Additionally, he may face damage to his reputation and career, as well as potential legal action from the victims of any accidents or damages caused by his DUI.

5. What has Doug Wilson said about his DUI arrest?

Doug Wilson has not publicly commented on his DUI arrest in Decatur, IL. However, in a previous interview, he has spoken about his struggles with alcoholism and the importance of taking responsibility for one's actions. We hope that he will address the situation and seek help if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
Back