• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with a Surprise Catalog Show - Exciting Offers and More!

In summary, the customer went in to pick up their contacts and got a surprise catalog show. They are excited to start selling through their catalog.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have been thinking of pampering a few businesses: bank, eye doctor, etc. But of course, I'm putting it off because I'm not really sure what to say. So I went in today to pick up my contacts. I was supposed to go in Wednesday and didn't make it until today. The lady behind the counter was searching for my contacts and another worker walked up. I had my PC checkbook out ready to write the check. She peered in closely and asked if it said PC (if you've seen the checkbook, it a embossed logo on black leather so it is sort of hard to read). I told her yes and they asked if I sold PC (well, DUH...) I asked if they would like to see a catalog, all three ladies asked to see one. I went out to the car and on impluse grabbed a catalog show packet. I went back in and asked if they would like to do a work catalog show. They were so excited. I told them I would be back next Friday to pick up there orders and figured I would bring some goodies. I also figured that I would throw in a small gift for the three ladies depending on the show total. I am just so excited, I had to share. First time my checkbook cover got me business!

By the way, a fourth lady walked up while we were talking about it. The first lady asked her if she would like to see the catalog. Her comment was "That stuff is so expensive!" Which I chimed in that 90% of the catalog is under $20. That quieted her for a second then shey replied that she would take a look at the catalog! Silly people!

By the way, what would be a good recipe to make the night before that I could just take with me to work and drop it off on the way home? I'm looking for something simple and that holds up well. Plus something that I can transfer into another container that I'm not worried about loosing.

Way to go on taking the extra step and grabbing that catalog packet!! And double way to go on having packets with you!!!:thumbup: :balloon:

WHOOO HOOO!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Profiterole Puffs. I love those things.

Oh, and great job, too, on your quick response to "that stuff is so expensive.."

fruit76loop said:
Way to go on taking the extra step and grabbing that catalog packet!! And double way to go on having packets with you!!!:thumbup: :balloon:

WHOOO HOOO!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

90% of the time, my bags and kit are all in my car. I knew I didn't have any catalogs in my catalog tote so I went to the trunk to grab a host packet when a BIG HUGE LIGHTBULB went off! So glad I took the "risk", now I just need to do the same at my bank. I have two shows tomorrow so I should have a good deposit on Friday.

Logo wear is a big thing! I have a couple shirts that I don't wear that often and my catalog tote goes with me but I usually leave it in the car because it's too heavy. But I do have a pin on my purse and the checkbook cover. The first time when I took my catalog tote in public after getting it I got a suprise catalog show at my neice's dance class. Three moms put enough together that two of them split to host benefits.

JAE said:
Profiterole Puffs. I love those things.

Oh, and great job, too, on your quick response to "that stuff is so expensive.."

Ohhhh... me too, that is a great idea.

I'm so sick of hearing it, it just shot right out of my mouth. But I have to thank the boards here, would have never known the statistic without hearing it here.

CONGRATULATIONS! I had my own surprise catalog show this week! It's so exciting! I love the excitement about this job! It so outways the bad days!!

Here are the "stats" I receive in my weekly newsletter from my Director:

Check this Out - more than 80% of our products are under $30!!

Computed and shared with the Director Loop by Director Lura Antokal

PC SPRING/SUMMER 2008

Items between $.75 & $10-----96 (29%)

Items between $10.01 & $20—131 (39%)

Items between $20.01 & $30—43 (13%)

Items between $30.01 & $50—36 (11%)

Items over $50.01—28 (8%)

Total # of Products--334

Total % of Products under $10—96 (29%)

Total % of Products under $20—227 (68%)

Total % of Products under $30—270 (81%)

Good to know.
:)
Deb

Good for you! Be sure and let us know how it turns out. Did you get that ladies name who said it was too expensive? If you did, check and see if she orders and how much :) Every now and then I get the response that our items are too expensive, but not so much. Last year when my son was playing soccer I was talking to one of the moms and since I was wearing a PC shirt she asked if I sold PC. When I told her yes and asked if she'd like to see a catalog or possible hold her own show she very firmly told me no, our items were too expensive then she went on to rant about how expensive other DS companies were and that she tried selling TW but she failed at that b/c everyone buys rubbermaid and the disposable stuff these days....and on and on.....I was really tired that evening and wasn't in the best of moods (that was when my granny was in the hospital) so I just said I was sorry she felt that way and continued to watch my son at soccer.

Where did you go to pick up contacts? I went in and talked to the teller at the banks. I had 2 of the ladies to do a cooking show. I am hoping to get more. I love sporting the PC logo on my clothes and things. It's a great way to start a conversation. Great job!!I have to work on having show packets in my car.

You can make the chocolate truffle brownie cups. They're inexpensive, easy, and you can finish them off with cool whip and the EAD in front of them. (Or simply decorate them with crushed toasted almonds...with a few ungarnished for the those possible allergic to nuts.)

Thinker said:
Where did you go to pick up contacts?

I hope you realize that she went to her eye doctor's office to get her contact lenses and this is where she got the catalog show booking. Is that what you were wondering?

Do you carry the host packet that Home Office recommends that we have and that when you become a consultant the ones that they send out in your consultant kit? Or do you make up your own that you carry in your car? I usually just carry one of the host packets that has a catalog, your like, your way brochure, invitations, Planning guide, Guest list sheet, Steps to a Successful show that I have typed up and a letter that I have typed up about thanking them for booking a show with me.

smithcooking said:
Do you carry the host packet that Home Office recommends that we have and that when you become a consultant the ones that they send out in your consultant kit? Or do you make up your own that you carry in your car? I usually just carry one of the host packets that has a catalog, your like, your way brochure, invitations, Planning guide, Guest list sheet, Steps to a Successful show that I have typed up and a letter that I have typed up about thanking them for booking a show with me.

They didn't have host packets in the kit when I signed up. My catalog packets are in a manilla envelope (I'm going to buy the ones from Merrill on my next order). I put 3-4 catalogs, outside order forms, Your Life brochure, host and guest specials and a catalog host letter. I usually carry at least one catalog and one kitchen show packet for the current month and the next month. My car is usually packed from my shows so it's always there.

wadesgirl said:
They didn't have host packets in the kit when I signed up. My catalog packets are in a manilla envelope (I'm going to buy the ones from Merrill on my next order). I put 3-4 catalogs, outside order forms, Your Life brochure, host and guest specials and a catalog host letter. I usually carry at least one catalog and one kitchen show packet for the current month and the next month. My car is usually packed from my shows so it's always there.

could you share your host letter?

nikki70563 said:
could you share your host letter?

It's one of the ones I found on here and I modified it to fit me. Just do a search under the files section for Host Letter. Then you can pick one that suits you better. I'm also at work and all my files are at home.

I was making a deposit at the bank the other day and the teller asked what I did to get so many checks, I told her I sold PC. Neither one of them were familiar with it so I explained and one of them said she didn't even know how to cook. So, I told her I hold Power Cooking classes and would love to bring a catalog by for them to look at. Of course I didn't have one with me, I've learned now. I will be taking one by this afternoon.

niccibyrd said:
I was making a deposit at the bank the other day and the teller asked what I did to get so many checks, I told her I sold PC. Neither one of them were familiar with it so I explained and one of them said she didn't even know how to cook. So, I told her I hold Power Cooking classes and would love to bring a catalog by for them to look at. Of course I didn't have one with me, I've learned now. I will be taking one by this afternoon.

Always have catalogs and order forms in your car!

I am totally seeing that now. Looks like I've learned my lesson.

I said above but my car is generally always packed for shows. One day someone at work asked if I had a can opener. When I told him I did, he was shocked. He figured he would ask but didn't think I would actually say yes. I told him as long as I drive to work (DH and I take turns) then my trunk is usually full of stuff.

wadesgirl said:
I said above but my car is generally always packed for shows. One day someone at work asked if I had a can opener. When I told him I did, he was shocked. He figured he would ask but didn't think I would actually say yes. I told him as long as I drive to work (DH and I take turns) then my trunk is usually full of stuff.

Were you able to make a sale after that?

I try to keep some catalogs, drawing/survey slips, order forms and a host packet in my car and some business cards for the times you never know who you are about to meet. Last summer it worked out great while I was outside of our building with my dog and someone asked about PC and instead of having to bring the dog back in to get a catalog, etc I just had to open my car and take out what I needed and just remember later to replace what I took out. (can't wait for the warmer temps!)

pamperedharriet said:
Were you able to make a sale after that?
I've tried and tried at my work. Couple guys took the catalog home to their wives but only my friend at work has had a show for me! Last summer the same guy was interested in the salad spinner but didn't want to pay $50. I mentioned he could get it if he let his gf host a show. He won't even bring a catalog home because HE doesn't want to have to deal with what she would buy! Phooey, I've always wondered what kind of fun I could have with a party at his house. And this summer he's getting married, I mentioned the registry... Shot down again. They know I'm sitting upstairs every day, they know where to find me if they want something. Right now it's sort of a "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" thing with me bringing food to work all the time!

wadesgirl said:
I've tried and tried at my work. Couple guys took the catalog home to their wives but only my friend at work has had a show for me! Last summer the same guy was interested in the salad spinner but didn't want to pay $50. I mentioned he could get it if he let his gf host a show. He won't even bring a catalog home because HE doesn't want to have to deal with what she would buy! Phooey, I've always wondered what kind of fun I could have with a party at his house. And this summer he's getting married, I mentioned the registry... Shot down again. They know I'm sitting upstairs every day, they know where to find me if they want something. Right now it's sort of a "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" thing with me bringing food to work all the time!

That's too bad..you'd think that after trying some of the products he would encourage his gf to get some stuff. I have to agree with your comment about bringing in the food--it happens alot to us. The not wanting to "deal with what she would buy" comment is really hard to swallow. I just think he doesn't want her to spend money period. If he only woke up to what good things he would get to eat, etc with what she bought from you maybe, just maybe he would wake up. Is there anyway you can speak to his gf?

pamperedharriet said:
That's too bad..you'd think that after trying some of the products he would encourage his gf to get some stuff. I have to agree with your comment about bringing in the food--it happens alot to us. The not wanting to "deal with what she would buy" comment is really hard to swallow. I just think he doesn't want her to spend money period. If he only woke up to what good things he would get to eat, etc with what she bought from you maybe, just maybe he would wake up. Is there anyway you can speak to his gf?

I've met her once. She was suprised to find out I was "that PC lady". I think she was shocked to not find some middle suburban mom with a mini van! We didn't get a chance to talk about it though. I know he's afraid of the money she would spend, he said she dropped some good money at the last party she went to. Men... I even told him all the guys from work can hang out in the basement and come up for the food when we were done.

I just wanted to share about my "surprise" catalog show. The show wasn't a surprise, but the total was a big surprise. I figured the show would just barely qualify, and it turned out to be $467 in commissionable sales. Yay! Her guest sales were $500. She was pleasantly surprised, too. Almost all of her orders were enough for them to earn the free sprinkles. One person ordered $168 worth of product and booked a fall show. This same person spend $80+ at a show just a month ago. SWEET! I love catalog shows! So easy.

JAE said:
I just wanted to share about my "surprise" catalog show. The show wasn't a surprise, but the total was a big surprise. I figured the show would just barely qualify, and it turned out to be $467 in commissionable sales. Yay! Her guest sales were $500. She was pleasantly surprised, too. Almost all of her orders were enough for them to earn the free sprinkles. One person ordered $168 worth of product and booked a fall show. This same person spend $80+ at a show just a month ago. SWEET! I love catalog shows! So easy.

Great show! I love when catalog shows suprise you like that. I agree, I usually end up with them barely qualifying. I've had an $800 and a $1100 catalog show though so I don't count them out until the show closes.

I'm making nutty caramel brownies and the brownie truffle cups to take to the eye doctor tomorrow. We'll see how they do. I did call the lady on Tuesday, she said that she discovered that a lady who works upstairs actually sells PC so they weren't getting too many bites. Apparently the other consultant never let them know she sold! Oops! I told the "host" to collect orders from her friends and family too, so we'll see.

Hope it goes well. At least you are letting them know you sell PC.

JAE said:

Yea JAE!!! That is exciting ~ good sales, and a booking - Whooo Hoooo!

Everytime I have a great Catalog Show, DH says "Why don't you just do those all the time?" I have to always remind him that alot of them barely qualify, and some never do.

But when they are successful - it's almost like free money!

That's great Jae!!!!!! It's nice when they workout so well!

Good luck wadesgirl!!!! Keep us posted and hope you get some great sales!

advice for a recipe - make the cinnonmon rolls with the Cinnomon Sprinkles!!
they are great hot or cold, easy to transfer, one recipe makes 16 and you can do carmel or cinnamon.
Plus they can't make it without our cinnamon sprinkes - a consumable product so they'll keep coming back :)

Yes, I was happy with that, but the booking is an hour and a half away...again. Have a show there next Saturday. Recruit, recruit, recruit!

SuggestionsCan you tell me what all you had in your catalog packet? I have never had specific packets made up, which I would like to start doing, but wondered what all I should realistically be putting in them.

I'm fairly new at this and any help would be great. Also, I would love to know some good opening lines people have used when at doctors, dentists, stores, etc... I have a dentist appointment on Monday and would love to see if they're interested in a catalog party, or at least to order from my website.

Many thanks.

Amanda

In mine I put 3-4 catalogs, outside order forms, the recruiting booklet that PC offers and a catalog host letter. That's it, keep it simple.

I'm going tonight after work to pick up the orders, I'll let you know what happens.

I dropped by after work on Friday and they were excited for chocolate. I made the nutty caramel brownies (I actually made them with pretzels to be on the safe side) and the brownie truffle cups. I gave them half and took half to work. She only had one order - her own. I told her to keep working on it. With the order I have for a guest myself, they were just under $100. I told her I would call back today to see what was going on. Today she told me they had two more orders which should bring it over $150. She also asked for the recipes for the stuff I brought which I pointed out the SBRB and talked about the great benfits of the cookbook. I am going tomorrow to pick up the orders, she was going to work on a couple more people who may like the idea of waiting until Friday (payday) to cash their checks and submit their orders. I'll take about anything right now!

I have a surprise catty show right now. I had someone ask for a catalog. She took it with her to work & is at $200 in sales right now (not including her order). Gotta love those!

stacywhitlow said:
I have a surprise catty show right now. I had someone ask for a catalog. She took it with her to work & is at $200 in sales right now (not including her order). Gotta love those!
Way to go! I love free money. I dropped by the eye doctor last night and she had more orders for me. There is one lady who was going to take the catalog home last night to show her BF, I'm supposed to call this afternoon for her order and we'll close the show tomorrow.

Related to Boost Your Business with a Surprise Catalog Show - Exciting Offers and More!

1. What is a Surprise Catalog Show and how can it boost my business?

A Surprise Catalog Show is a unique way to reach potential customers and grow your business. It involves presenting a catalog of your products to a group of people at a place of business, such as a bank or eye doctor's office, without them expecting it. This surprise element can generate excitement and curiosity, leading to increased sales and new customer leads.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Surprise Catalog Show at a business?

Hosting a Surprise Catalog Show at a business can bring in new customers, as well as expose your products to a different demographic. It can also create a positive association between your business and the hosting company, as they are providing their clients or employees with a fun and unexpected experience. Additionally, it can boost your sales and generate more leads for future shows.

3. How do I approach a business about hosting a Surprise Catalog Show?

If you already have a relationship with the business, such as being a customer or knowing an employee, start by mentioning your products and offering to show them a catalog. If you don't have a prior connection, consider stopping by and introducing yourself and your products. Be friendly and professional, and explain the concept of a Surprise Catalog Show. Offer to leave a catalog and follow up with them at a later time to see if they are interested in hosting a show.

4. How can I make the most of a Surprise Catalog Show at a business?

Make sure to bring plenty of catalogs, order forms, and business cards to the show. Offer incentives to those who place orders, such as free gifts or discounts. Also, be sure to follow up with the hosting business after the show to thank them and see if they would like to host another show in the future.

5. What is a good recipe to make for a Surprise Catalog Show at a business?

A simple and tasty recipe to make for a Surprise Catalog Show at a business is a classic cheese and cracker platter. You can prepare it the night before and easily transport it in a sealed container. To make it more visually appealing, you can arrange the cheese and crackers in a fun pattern on a platter. This dish holds up well and can be served at room temperature, so you don't have to worry about keeping it hot or cold. Plus, it's a crowd-pleaser that is easy to transfer to a disposable container for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
adoverpchef
  • Kisha1210
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies