• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Unbeatable January Incentives for Hosts!

In summary, the speaker is considering offering a gift card for referrals as an incentive to keep bookings. They are unsure if it is legal to do so.
pampered2007
Happy New Year everyone! I want a strong STRONG January to start my year off! I was thinking about offering some sort of incentive that potential hosts will not want to pass up! Anyone have any "knock your socks off" ideas??? I did think about offering to purchase the 60% off host special for my January hosts, but still thinking...

Let's brainstorm together! Ideas anyone? Thanks!

Once at conference (after the 60% off host bonus was introduced) they discouraged us from adding other incentives because it looks like you don't believe in our host program.Our hosts have 5 price points (What a great deal) FREE
up to 30% discount
1/2 price
60% off
10% for a year

And in Jan they get 50% MORE in free stuff! ;)

Believe me - I couldn't agree more! I was just trying to give that extra little push, ya know? I honestly feel that there really isn't a need to add additional incentives, but sometimes it's nice to just sweetin' the pot a little. Especially this month!

I'd rather sweeten my paycheck :)

If they are still on the fence, remind them about the booking benefit. When their friends book and hold shows in the next couple months, they will get a past host special at those shows. Wouldn't you want to be the one to start it all and get those bonuses at each show? It worked for me and I now have 11 shows on my January calendar... 8 came from telling this to hosts who were still thinking about it! Good luck!!

pampered2007 said:
Believe me - I couldn't agree more! I was just trying to give that extra little push, ya know? I honestly feel that there really isn't a need to add additional incentives, but sometimes it's nice to just sweetin' the pot a little. Especially this month!

I was going to offer to buy the ingredients for the recipe.

I was thinking about the same thing I have done this a few times an worked great a few times the extra 60 % off items for Jan are the 13x 9 stoneware or the 13 x 9 baking Dish I will buy that for the hosts if they book a show in Jan they are not too high in price so out of pocket is ok

I've started doing a special bookings game at my shows - it does take a bit out of pocket expense, but really helps get and keep bookings.
I have everyone choose an envelope at the beginning of the party and say their are added gifts that they can get later in the envelope. Each envelope has a $10-$15 item on a card in it. Along with a space for a date.
Towards the end of the show I give one to the host for her to open (it has a $30-$40 item in it, usually a stone). I tell her that is hers FREE when she gets 3 bookings. Then I tell the guests that when they book their party with me that night, they can open the envelope and see what item they will receive when they host their party on the booked date. All items are ordered at their party on the hosts order with the hosts discount and the original host's item is ordered at the 3rd party if all 3 parties held. It is also ordered on the hosts order with the host discount.

lorilynn95 said:
I've started doing a special bookings game at my shows - it does take a bit out of pocket expense, but really helps get and keep bookings.
I have everyone choose an envelope at the beginning of the party and say their are added gifts that they can get later in the envelope. Each envelope has a $10-$15 item on a card in it. Along with a space for a date.
Towards the end of the show I give one to the host for her to open (it has a $30-$40 item in it, usually a stone). I tell her that is hers FREE when she gets 3 bookings. Then I tell the guests that when they book their party with me that night, they can open the envelope and see what item they will receive when they host their party on the booked date. All items are ordered at their party on the hosts order with the hosts discount and the original host's item is ordered at the 3rd party if all 3 parties held. It is also ordered on the hosts order with the host discount.

I've seriously considered doing this several times - I'm just not sure if it'd be incentive enough for some people?

So, is it illegal to offer a gift card for referrals? I saw someone doing that and I didn't know.

Who said it is is illegal to offer a gift card? I am considering doing a game like deal or no deal, with envolpes having products in them and if they wish to open the envolpe they have to take the deal to host a show. I saw this done at a 31 party. But im thinking that your idea is better.

Well, I meant more "against policy" to offer say a Starbucks gift card if your friend hosts a show.

So, what it says is "I need fresh faces this year! Receive a FREE $20 gift card to the store of your choice if you refer a friend to me and they host a PC show"

lorilynn95 said:

Lori how much of an increase in your bookings have you seen? I would think that is outting alor of pressure on your host the night of the show, maybe if she new ahead of time. And are you giving her the gift for 3 bookings after the last is held?

My preference if I'm trying to do a month where I have a fantastic amount of shows (sadly for me lately that would be more than two but anyway.....) I choose to offer a prize to the highest show above a certain amount. Makes the hosts I have work harder. For example.....the show I just submitted, the host didn't want her host special so I bought it (I don't get paid for it and it doesn't go toward any trips or anything so it really doesn't matter) and I'll use it as an incentive of that time at a point in the future when I want really good sales. Who wouldn't give an extra push to get a FREE cranberry rectangle stone? And they are going to benefit in other ways from having a larger show - even if they don't win the baker.

So what I have done is gone to like JoAnn's or Michael's or Hobby Loby ( depending on what side of the country you live on ) and got little chinese boxes ( at one time I had pastal pink poka dot boxes) that matched the dot's bowl's that PC has in the catalog. I tape a specific date to the front of each box ( that I want to host a show) on the side of the box wrapped in tissue paper I have a card with an item written on it paring knife, or twistic clip, small bamboo tongs ( you can order these off of the supply order) and I have a little sign that says if you pick me you get something for free!!! Then I have a special hostess chinese box that I have that has something special in it that leads into the three chinese boxes that have the dates!! So she can encourage her friends to book off of her party!!!

I have gotten a lot of responses out of this and really helps boost show bookings!! Everyone likes getting something for free. I have also gone to the dollar store and put something cute in the boxes that was only $1.00 but it's still something cute, like stationary, etc!!

Hope that helps!!

my director does a pay the date type of thing. She has a sheet of paper with all of the dates she's available for parties. She passes it around for people to sign up. What do they get? Any $30 or less item in the catalog (their choice) for the date of their party ($1 if their party is on the first, $20 if their party is on the 20th). It is bought at their party with their discount, etc...

Wonder if it would work if you offered the $30 item on the 1st of the month, the $29 item on the 2nd, etc. That way you'd front load your calendar. Might have to give that a try.

You know, I have never offered an incentive for bookings. The Pampered Chef lineup of items and host rewards is the best in the biz! That is one of the reasons I joined after having PC shows for nine years. I don't have to do anything, the product is the key!

chefa said:
Wonder if it would work if you offered the $30 item on the 1st of the month, the $29 item on the 2nd, etc. That way you'd front load your calendar. Might have to give that a try.

That's what I was thinking too...wanting to encourage EARLY dates, not late dates.

At conference this year one of the workshops talked about offering the DCB for $20 (when it was $69) for a specific date. When I came back from Conference and my show schedule was pretty much zilch I used this offer for an August show and it got a "maybe some day" past guest to book a show that was in 2 weeks immediately.

I wouldn't do it all the time but if you want to add a show or fill a certain date, it could be worth it. But I do think it has to be an item that people are VERY anxious to get a hold of and at a big discount.

yes, i do the "pick a date, pick a prize" thing - but only for booking in close. 2 wks or sooner only. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. i'm going to try it at my party on sunday 1/9 to try & book for 1/14 or 1/15 because i'm still unemployed for that weekend. i need to jumpstart january BAD!

I use this incentive a lot during events!!!

What type of prize do you offer for the pick a date incentive?

I used dollar days last year to help start my January, but this year I am almost 100% booked so I am pushing hard for February I want all the double points I can get! So I am offering the; large groove cutting board, the food chopper or the bbq grill tray for $date of show Feb =$1.00 but the deal is all shows must close in Febrauary and within 5 days of show date. I am host coaching that they get all the outside orders in before the show date :)

do you require a minimum in sales for them to receive the item.
Priscilla

Jmioni said:
So, what it says is "I need fresh faces this year! Receive a FREE $20 gift card to the store of your choice if you refer a friend to me and they host a PC show"

Just a suggestion ... make it a personal gift certificate for PC products! Only valid AT the referral's show and only through YOU. That way, you know the referral will host before you pay the "referral fee", it's commissionable sales for you and it could potentially boost the host into a new level of benefits. ;)

I'm planning on limiting my incentives to free parties and Supply Order items. I really like the chinese box idea. I had already picked up a few at target with a vague idea of doing something with them to promote shows. Thanks for putting some words in my mouth. "Pick me for something free!" I love it!

priseortega said:
What type of prize do you offer for the pick a date incentive?

I am using items in the $30 range food chopper, lg groove cut board etc..

And yes I require a $500 show, but I remind them how easy that is if they invite everyone who eats and ask for orders from those who can't come.

if you search under files dollar days there are tons of flyers, I really like a couple I plan to modify.

I just use things that are on the supply order form, such as things that we can order in multiples like paring knifes, and small tongs, or citrus peelers, little things, if you do expensive things then guest will come to expect and expensive item every time. I learned five year's ago not to do that unless I could absoultly afford the item that I wanted to give away for free.

In order to recieve the item for free their show must hold and close before I will actually give them the item.

I modified this flyer to fit for February. I am not taking any credit for this flyer (which I love) I saved it off this site and changed the name from Bee to mine.
I did create a generic for posting purposes, but use it if you like the idea. :chef:

Attachments

• feb2011 dollar days.doc
    172 KB · Views: 618
I'm using items in the $20 range that I have duplicates of from my director's package so I'm not putting anything out of pocket.

I was thinking of using this flyer http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/hello-all-newbie-65224/#post769899 and giving them a choice. 300.00 choose from the 5 and under. 500+ choose from the 10 (or two f5's). 1000+ would be 20 of product.

This gives a lot of choices.

If you like this be sure to thank Tasha for this idea.

PS

You can edit the Stocking Stuffers reference out of the first page since the holidays are over.

I just e-mailed an offer of an extra 20% off to the first person to call and book a January show and a 10% discount to the second. I have only been doing this for six months, so I will try anything to motivate people to call now instead of later. I am also calling certain people who have said they wanted to host after the holidays.
Pampered Chef has a great incentive program, and I say that in my e-mail, but a little more never hurts!

BrandyPC7 said:
I just e-mailed an offer of an extra 20% off to the first person to call and book a January show and a 10% discount to the second. I have only been doing this for six months, so I will try anything to motivate people to call now instead of later. I am also calling certain people who have said they wanted to host after the holidays.
Pampered Chef has a great incentive program, and I say that in my e-mail, but a little more never hurts!

Sounds good but is that 20% off one item? anything they want? that could become very pricey if it is for everything

lorilynn95 said:

I like the idea of individual cards with small products on them (I'm thinking more $8-$11 range). I was thinking, though, instead of putting a card in an envelope and passing out envelopes, to put the cards (each card would include a picture of the item as well as its name) in a bamboo bowl. I would tell the guests to pass the bowl around and pick out an item that they would like to have or that they would include on a "wish list." Later I would tell them that--in addition to all the wonderful host benefits offered by Pampered Chef--they will receive that item for free for booking a party that evening (free item to be received with the closing of their show, of course).

Feedback, anyone? Thanks in advance!

At christmas I did little stockings for those that wanted to hold a show and they had to give me the stocking at their show, at easter im going to use eggs in a basket for booking gifts. But I use things like Twixit clips, I-slice, paring Knife etc. I do believe that PC has an amazing host program, but for ppl like me who love to get as much free stuff as possible, little things like that push me over the edge to say yes ill host bc I want whats in that little gift right then! Even knowing i wont get it till my show, I love free stuffI also offer a free lg bar pan with every $1000 show and I offer to bring the ingredients to one recipe if they will book a wed show which are hard for me to book. I mostly book thurs - sunmy director does the stone for the price of the date, but only the 1st through the 15th in order to front load bc she hates to scramble after the 15th

At my last two shows I offered free shipping on their order that night if they booked a show in Feb. I got 8 shows booked out of 2 shows. Not all in Feb, but do have 8 shows booked for Feb.
I tell them why I do what I do, and then just ask.

Jmioni said:
Well, I meant more "against policy" to offer say a Starbucks gift card if your friend hosts a show.

I would think it would be better to offer a Pampered Chef gift certificate. Then you could make commission off of it and it would not cost you too much.

I would be curious to know about policy as well. I do not remember there being anything there about giving any thing away that is not PC. I DO KNOW that it is not recommended only because of the expectations that sets up from you to others that hold shows from the shows where you did this. And yes, it says too that we do not think our PC host program is good enough as it is. It can eventually cost you a ton of money in long run. I too like the Personal Consultant Gift Certificate if you do decide to go for more. Those are a win, win all the way. Write them off on your taxes and commission. And usually for much more than the amount of the certificate.

something I do that helps me book shows is when I use my booking slide and tell folks that the host does not pay for shipping, I tell them that if we get a date on the calendar that night I will personally pay for their shipping as well. This also gives me a talking point at check out... "would you like to save on shipping tonight by booking a show?". I have found folks like it AND it increases my comfort in asking for bookings. Sure I spend some of my own money, but it is well worth it.

I've done the shipping thing before too.
I may do it tonight as I had a cancellation for next Tues. Offer free shipping if someone will book for 1 week out!!!!

1. How can I boost my bookings in January as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The best way to boost your bookings in January is to offer incentives that will entice potential hosts to book a party with you. This could include discounts on products, free gifts, or exclusive deals for hosting a party in January.

2. What are some effective incentives for January hosts?

Some effective incentives for January hosts could include offering to purchase the 60% off host special for them, providing a free product with a certain purchase amount, or offering a discount on their order for hosting a party in January.

3. How can I make my January incentives stand out?

To make your January incentives stand out, try to offer something that is unique and exclusive to hosting a party in January. This could be a limited edition product, a special discount, or a fun theme for the party.

4. Are there any specific strategies for promoting January parties?

Yes, there are a few strategies you can use to promote January parties. You can reach out to past hosts and customers to remind them about the great incentives for hosting in January. You can also post about it on social media, create a special email campaign, or even offer a referral bonus for hosts who book a party in January.

5. How can I ensure a strong start to my year as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To ensure a strong start to your year as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to plan ahead and set achievable goals. Offer enticing incentives for January hosts, promote your parties through various channels, and follow up with potential hosts to secure bookings. Also, don't forget to prioritize customer satisfaction and provide great service to keep your customers coming back for more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
Replies