• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk - Join Us on Monday!

B
BigSisGretchen
Boy am I excited! I do better with other people watching me . . . no junk so far today . . . I'm going to weigh tomorrow AM. But will start on Monday with the rest of you gals.

Woo hoo! You're IN!

hmmmm we need a spy for Gretchen...lol

Nikkijo said:
hmmmm we need a spy for Gretchen...lol

Don't look at me...I am the queen of cheating...lol...I am hoping that that is not the case this time around.

chefheidi2003 said:
Don't look at me...I am the queen of cheating...lol...I am hoping that that is not the case this time around.

we won't let it...don't worry Heidi!!!

Okay, I weighed this AM . . . I was correct . . . I am going to START with a goal of 20 lbs.

Okay, so the grocery store was a hard trip for me this AM. I thought, hmm, I'm by myself and no one will know . . . I can have these cupcakes, then I said NO. So I stopped to get gas . . . and beside the gas station is a place that makes fresh hot soft pretzels on a Saturday AM. The are huge, but again I resisted . . . I hope my whole day isn't like this . . . I might forget to say No.

Just thought I would share.

BigSisGretchen said:
Okay, so the grocery store was a hard trip for me this AM. I thought, hmm, I'm by myself and no one will know . . . I can have these cupcakes, then I said NO. So I stopped to get gas . . . and beside the gas station is a place that makes fresh hot soft pretzels on a Saturday AM. The are huge, but again I resisted . . . I hope my whole day isn't like this . . . I might forget to say No.

Let me just tell everyone that the pretzel thing is HUGE...because they are SOOOOO good.

BigSisGretchen said:

Way to have will power! You can totally do it! Just take it one day at a time.

BigSisGretchen said:
Boy am I excited! I do better with other people watching me . . . no junk so far today . . . I'm going to weigh tomorrow AM. But will start on Monday with the rest of you gals.

Good for you! I'm starting Monday too! Gotta eat that last bit of cake:eek:

Last night after our concert DH decided that he was hungry . . . I knew I shouldn't have bought those chips. I only a small amount . . . boy were they good!

Okay, so today this is what happened. I started off good.
Went to the Farm Show, had to walk from the local college to the building . . . about a 10-15 minutes walk. Then once there I had some veggies for lunch . . . oh, BTW, they were fried veggies - and ranch dressing for dipping. Then walked back to the car. I guess okay.
DH and DS got the idea that we should walk at the college nature center . . . a 1 hour walk . . . and BTW, it has hills.
I guess I'm glad I had those veggies! LOL
Tomorrow is my official start . . . I hope the scale is in a good mood tomorrow AM.

Did not do well today.
Ate dessert at a dessert reception - piece of cheesecake and a piece of finger cake
Ate an hot fudge sundae from McDonalds (they are not big)

No junk for me today!
I am going to get outside for a quick walk tonight . . . it is beautiful outside.
Breakfast: 1 egg sandwich w/cheese on a multigrain english muffin, milk and OJ
Snack: banana and then baby carrots
Lunch: Turkey Ranch Wrap with pretzels
Snack: Apple
Dinner/Supper: Not sure . . . chicken and something . . . probably rice

You are doing great...keep up the good work.

A good day is when I can stay away from anything I didn't take in my lunchbox or already plan on eating.
Yesterday I had my normal breakfast, english muffin, PB, banana, & milk . . . and OJ
Snack - baby carrots
Lunch I had a ham and cheddar pretzel sandwich with some popcorn
Snack - an apple
Supper I had a BBQ sandwich with some chips

I was really tempted by some homemade cookies . . . but the ones I really like I resisted and then when I did have a weak moment . . . there wasn't any left . . . good for me.

Had another good day . . .
Same old breakfast
Lunch: Tuna sandwich, small amount of pasta salad, 1 cookie
Supper: Chicken, filling, and snap peas!

I weighed this AM . . . I'm down 1 lbs . . . I guess I'm taking baby steps . . . it is better than a gain.

Today, nothing exciting to report. Went to the DR put on drugs, I was going to exercise tonight . . . decided not to, don't feel like it . . . too lazy.
Food I did fine on today . . . try some new nutty buddy cookie . . . covered with chocolate, split a pack with DS so I didn't eat the all 4 of them . . . only bought two additional packs one for each DS.

I went for a 30 minute walk today. Was a nice afternoon.
Had cereal for breakfast
Chicken for lunch and a McDonald's sundae.
Sausage, green beans, and red potatoes for dinner.

Another one bites the dust!

Finally Home!Wow! That was a Great, Inspiring, Crazy, Wierd leadership summit!

I'm sure everyone has both great and horror stories to share. For now I will just leave it at "We won't be going back to Cincinnati anytime soon!"

I am so excited about all of the great new incentives, products and news, perhaps after I've had a little more sleep I will even try to type out some high points.

ShanaSmith said:
Wow! That was a Great, Inspiring, Crazy, Wierd leadership summit!

I'm sure everyone has both great and horror stories to share. For now I will just leave it at "We won't be going back to Cincinnati anytime soon!"

I am so excited about all of the great new incentives, products and news, perhaps after I've had a little more sleep I will even try to type out some high points.

PC won't go back or you? What happened????

Did you take good workshops? I'd love to see notes!

Do you have any pictures to share?

Glad you're back. When you're ready we look forward to hearing about your experiences and updates.

First, I had a great time, and learned tons of new info that I plan to bring to my business. Met lots of new people and created great friends. However, the hotel was a totally different story! It was bad enough that they had to refund EVERYONE that was there on Wednesday night for their room. And it didn't really get any better. I heard things went smoothly at the other hotels, but not at the Millinium. It seemed like the hotel and conference center had never held a conference before. And the Millinium is attatched to the conf center! It got to the point of "Ok what can go wrong now?"

I think between PC having to get the busses to get people from all the far away airports and the hotel from you know where, it would not make a likely place for us to use again. I'm sure the busses cost PC a pretty penny, but I know I would not have gone it that hadn't been an option. It make for even longer travel days though. It took me over 12 hours each way.

Yes, that hotel was horrendous!! My roommates waited in line for THREE HOURS to check in. I lucked out because I arrived right as they were just about up to the counter to check in. I agree, it seemed that they weren't equipped at all to deal with large amounts of people. Hello!! As Shana said, they're connected to the big convention center for crying out loud!! No hot/warm water, their computer/system being down more time than not and who knows what else did NOT make this an appealing place to be. I very much doubt we'll be going back there.

I haven't checked out CS yet---did anyone spill the beans where the NEXT Leadership will be?? I can't wait!!!

Other than the hotel and some other weird adventures in Cincinnati, the actual conference was pretty good. I heard it was hit or miss with the workshops...some loved them, some didn't. I'd say I had a so/so experience with those, but I did at least get a few good ideas from each workshop. How did others like the speakers at dinner (or I should say AFTER dinner) the 2nd night? Personally I feel it was WAY too long of a day to have that speaker after dinner. It was a nice gesture to try to give us some more motivation and info, but my brain had turned off by then.:indifferent0016:

LOVED all the announcements and incentives. Woo hoo!!!!!

I had almost all so so workshops. I too learned at least a couple of good tips at each one. I was so excited when I got to my first workshop and Don Funt was the speaker. He was a great speaker and I enjoyed listening to him, but almost all of it was information that I already knew. The one thing he said that stood out was that he bought a shower caddy rack that had suction cups on the back and when he goes anywhere he attaches it to the window of his car and fills it with catalogs/business cards and such. It is almost always empty when he gets back to his car. I guess when you have a lot of catalogs left near the end of a season that wouldn't be bad, but I couldn't afford to do that all of the time (I'd have to at least down size to mini's). I'll try to think of some other things I heard soon. I have to get my notes out.

Yup my workshops were 50/50 2 outstanding ones, and 2 duds, but that can happen anytime. I thought the speakers were a little odd since most of us have no problem talking to any and everyone. Especially in that situation. I am sure that it was really what some people needed to hear, but it seemed to miss the mark for many of us.

On the subject of the hotel... did you hear all the stories about people getting locked in the stairwells? or what happened on Friday night in the elevator. Nice place!

pamperedbecky said:
Yes, that hotel was horrendous!! My roommates waited in line for THREE HOURS to check in. I lucked out because I arrived right as they were just about up to the counter to check in. I agree, it seemed that they weren't equipped at all to deal with large amounts of people. Hello!! As Shana said, they're connected to the big convention center for crying out loud!! No hot/warm water, their computer/system being down more time than not and who knows what else did NOT make this an appealing place to be. I very much doubt we'll be going back there.

I haven't checked out CS yet---did anyone spill the beans where the NEXT Leadership will be?? I can't wait!!!

Other than the hotel and some other weird adventures in Cincinnati, the actual conference was pretty good. I heard it was hit or miss with the workshops...some loved them, some didn't. I'd say I had a so/so experience with those, but I did at least get a few good ideas from each workshop. How did others like the speakers at dinner (or I should say AFTER dinner) the 2nd night? Personally I feel it was WAY too long of a day to have that speaker after dinner. It was a nice gesture to try to give us some more motivation and info, but my brain had turned off by then.:indifferent0016:

LOVED all the announcements and incentives. Woo hoo!!!!!

I stayed at the Millenium with no problems after the check in incident and since they paid for that night, all was well!
Next Leadership is in Denver!!!!

I stayed at the Millenium also..i can take alot...but 3 cold showers, lines and long waits for an elevator and the hotel bistro was awful service also..I don't like to complain but that was horrible!! This was my first Leadership. My workshops were so/so as well. I never felt squished like a sardine at National..all the workshops were very crowded. I did gain some good info and loved all the general sessions. I met some great fellow cheffers and I'm excited to come home and grow my business :)
Good luck to all of you as well.

PamperedPosey said:
I had almost all so so workshops. I too learned at least a couple of good tips at each one. I was so excited when I got to my first workshop and Don Funt was the speaker. He was a great speaker and I enjoyed listening to him, but almost all of it was information that I already knew. The one thing he said that stood out was that he bought a shower caddy rack that had suction cups on the back and when he goes anywhere he attaches it to the window of his car and fills it with catalogs/business cards and such. It is almost always empty when he gets back to his car. I guess when you have a lot of catalogs left near the end of a season that wouldn't be bad, but I couldn't afford to do that all of the time (I'd have to at least down size to mini's). I'll try to think of some other things I heard soon. I have to get my notes out.

What if it rains???

dannyzmom said:
What if it rains???

Well, I think you don't keep it on the window all of the time. You just have to see what the weather looks like that day and decide whether or not you want to put it out when you get out of the car.

I had an awesome experience at Leadership... probably the best I attended! My roommates were AWESOME! Roomed with 2 others from totally different clusters... even our uplines aren't the same. We had a blast. Our hotel was great and no problems with service anywhere!My workshops were amazing and I came home armed with so many amazing ideas and things I can really do! I've been to every National since 2001 and each Leadership since 2003.The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the two ladies that spoke at dinner... it was such a long day and I was so tired I really had a hard time embracing what they had to offer. I wanted to get their book and was disappointed they didn't have a booth. But that's minor in the big picture.

finley1991 said:
I wanted to get their book and was disappointed they didn't have a booth. But that's minor in the big picture.

I know! I wanted their book, too!!! It may not have been the most challenging topic for Leaders (as I think Shana mentioned) but they had a lot to offer for us to bring back and train our people.

I felt like they were preaching to the choir as far as networking was concerned. I was SOOOOOO tired from staying up until 1 am with my childhood friend and after a LOOOONG day of workshops, I left their talk early!
I was in the bed and asleep by 10:00!
I had great workshops...I feel that anytime someone gets in front of us to share any information, it's great! I took away a renewed sense of my business and cannot wait to get into my office tonight to get started!

MEXICO here I come!

Today went well.
Breakfast: my favorite, wheat toast with PB, Banana, & Milk
Lunch: 1 chicken tender (leftovers) and a box (2 servings) of Green Giant Healthy Weight veggies . . . YUM . . . would recommend
Supper: Bowl of homemade chicken, corn, rivel soup.

My eating has been going fine.
I need to get out and exercise. It's not like I even have to go anywhere. I have a bike and a treadmill in the basement. Just too lazy to go down and start.
I have band practice tonight. I think I'm going to set a goal to go down on Thursday. Then I think I would like to make a 30 minute exercise 3 times a week goal.

BigSisGretchen said:
My eating has been going fine.
I need to get out and exercise. It's not like I even have to go anywhere. I have a bike and a treadmill in the basement. Just too lazy to go down and start.
I have band practice tonight. I think I'm going to set a goal to go down on Thursday. Then I think I would like to make a 30 minute exercise 3 times a week goal.

YOU CAN DO IT SISTA!!

chefheidi2003 said:
YOU CAN DO IT SISTA!!

Thanks! I need that . . . I'm not very motivated and I don't want to give up.:(

Still only 2 lbs after how many weeks? Well this week I want to lose 2 more lbs.

Haven't posted in awhile.
Doing okay, still need to exercise.
Going to the Chinese Buffet tonight.

So the buffet and the lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and a weeks worth of stress . . . I gained 4 lbs this week . . . I wanted to lose 2 . . . guess I better get my head on straight.

Okay, I'm back to even . . . no gain . . . no lose.

I am going to start Monday and do better!

I am going to count WW points. I did well on it before and it is easy. I have some new foods that are very low points, filling and yummy . . . I'm going to stick to them and try to get some exercise in . . .

PS: I don't want Heidi to be the lightest sister . . . guess I am alittle competive . .. it might be fun as well as motivating.

You can do it...I have FAITH in you...

Today was a really good day.
I actually have 2 more WW points to eat . . . I like to eat before 7 . . . so I should probably find something soon.
I also walked a little over 1 mile tonight.
The week is off to a good start.

I got a giggle out of your ticker. I misread it at a quick glance and thought it said you had to get your butt off. Which- I suppose- makes sense too.

Well as Friday thinks . . . I'm getting my butt off today too.

I rode the stationary bike today for 20 minutes which was 11 miles . . . my legs are still tingely.

I ate okay today, I am still within my points range . . . but at the high end. A friend from work brought me a treat today . . . a Tastykake, chocolate lovers pie, they are here for a limited time . . . so run out and buy one. YUMMY!!! But are 8 points . . . uh, not an everyday snack.

I did good yesterday. I was within my points until DH was nice and bought me a carmel sundae . . . it was from McDonalds and I think the girl was new and didn't know how to make them . . . we only had a small amount of ice cream so I guess it was okay.

I didn't exercise either.

Today I will eat well but I won't have time to exercise . . . but according to the scale I am down 2 lbs from Monday . . . I will get my final results tomorrow AM.

Tell him that I am disappointed that he didn't bring a sundae to Grammy and Aunt Heidi...lol...trust me I don't need it...I have been finding my own junk food around here.

BigSisGretchen said:
I did good yesterday. I was within my points until DH was nice and bought me a carmel sundae . . . it was from McDonalds and I think the girl was new and didn't know how to make them . . . we only had a small amount of ice cream so I guess it was okay.

I didn't exercise either.

Today I will eat well but I won't have time to exercise . . . but according to the scale I am down 2 lbs from Monday . . . I will get my final results tomorrow AM.

You would have time to exercise...should I call you at 5am...when mom and I wake up to go to the gym...then you can go down and exercise too...:D

<h2>What is Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking supplies.</p><h2>What is "Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk"?</h2><p>"Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk" is a program created by Pampered Chef consultant Bigsisgretchen to help people stay accountable and motivated while following a healthy eating plan.</p><h2>What does "no junk" mean in this context?</h2><p>"No junk" refers to avoiding processed and unhealthy foods and instead focusing on whole, nutritious meals.</p><h2>How can I join the program?</h2><p>To join "Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk", simply follow Bigsisgretchen on her designated start date and use the hashtag #NoJunkJournal on social media to connect with others participating in the program.</p><h2>When does the program officially start?</h2><p>The program typically starts on a Monday, but you can start following along with Bigsisgretchen whenever works best for you.</p>

Related to Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk - Join Us on Monday!

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking supplies.

What is "Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk"?

"Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk" is a program created by Pampered Chef consultant Bigsisgretchen to help people stay accountable and motivated while following a healthy eating plan.

What does "no junk" mean in this context?

"No junk" refers to avoiding processed and unhealthy foods and instead focusing on whole, nutritious meals.

How can I join the program?

To join "Bigsisgretchen's Exciting Journal with No Junk", simply follow Bigsisgretchen on her designated start date and use the hashtag #NoJunkJournal on social media to connect with others participating in the program.

When does the program officially start?

The program typically starts on a Monday, but you can start following along with Bigsisgretchen whenever works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva