• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Host Specials Fair for Guests at a Show?

I'm not sure what you mean by "if they put it down," though. I would not feel too bad about it if the guest didn't want to book for the current show because she is only interested in the future host specials. I think you did the right thing by telling the guest about the special, even if the host didn't want to buy it.
shuttermonster
Okay... there is more to this but I don't want to be long. If you have a guest at a show (that is a former customer) that wants something that will be a future "Host Special"... wouldn't you tell them? This host tonight got a little peeved that I mentioned a future Host Special and then this girl didn't get the item. Am I wrong to want my give my customers the best deal? :confused:

I do. (But I'm new :) )
I did this at my first show. But the host of that one wanted the item too - so it was no big deal - now she gets a past host deal on it. Of course we had to move the date of the second show - and there was no way it can be moved outside of that month. But I think that if I know someone wants something that I know will be a future host special I'll tell them. That is only fair.ZK

There are 2 schools of thought on that. One says that you should tell the customers, because they'll book to get it and probably get something else at the current show, so today's host doesn't lose out on the sales.The other is that you shouldn't so that today's host doesn't lose sales (in case a bunch of people want to wait for the special).I'm sorry you got stuck in that situation.

Don't worry about it! The host would get credit if the guest booked off her show! She may have never bought it to begin with but loved the fact that she could get a bargain. Don't let this host bother you, some people have nerve!

This business is all about making those personal relationships, the guest is going to appreciate that you would tell her about the special and chances are, she'll end up becoming a life long customer and host. To me, I'd definately share the special. After all, you can remind the host that she get's booking credit and will be able to purchase that same item at 60% as well as her bonus.

Jeez, some people and their weird complaints these days! Can you beleive she'd rather rip a freind off than see her get a great deal! GOSH!

I would personally not feel too bad about it. This is supposed to be the family and friends of the host, if she is the type of person that is more worried about herself than wanting her guests to get a deal, then you probably cannot make her happy with anything. I think you did the right thing, and should feel good about your choice.

Thanks everyone!! :)

I wouldn't worry about it either.
But all I do, is mention what the host specials are for the months I want to book, and let them pick what they want to buy.
Say someone buys the Salad Spinner...I've already told them at the beginning or middle of the show, BEFORE they give me their sales receipt...so if they put it down, then apparently they don't want to book for April.
I then ask EVERYONE if they want to host...and then we discuss which month, and if they see the Salad Spinner is for April, and they still want to order it, and they book a show for April, well, they can get one of the other HS for April.

But you know...that girl is going to hopefully be a loyal customer of yours, because she sees that you aren't in it just to make a buck, but to make her happy that she is getting a good deal!

Your host should be glad that she will be getting 60% off at a future show!
Our host program rocks!

Just be careful of that. I did that when I first started because I was thrilled at the next 3-4 months of specials (host and guest) and I didn't book close enough in and lost the shows....of course, host coaching (or lack thereof) had something to do with it. When I am doing a full-service one-on-one checkout, I do make sure to look for HOST specials that are coming up in months I want to book and let them know about it. I suggest that they find something else to purchase to keep their order at about the same level for the current host and then get them on the books for a show for that month.

I usually mention the host special for the next month or two during the show, so if someone is interested in hosting to get that product (and, of course, they're actually listening to what I say ;)), they have the opportunity to make that decision. That said, I generally say something if I notice what they've ordered, and it clicks that it's an upcoming host special. Can't say I've ever had a host get ticked over it, though. I mean, it's a chance for her to save at her friend's show, too. Gee, some people's kids.

I feel the same way. The host should be glad that her friend is getting a great deal instead of worrying about themselves. I had a host last evening really want someone to book for June to get the mandoline as the host special. A guest did book but for the month of April. I am very happy as I would love to fill my April and move on to June. She was quite miffed. I am sure you are all thinking what about another guest??? Well there were only 4 guests and she said easily 10-12 guests were expected!!
Cathy

Of COURSE you should mention it...some people are so ridiculous! She'll get much more out of it by having someone book a show than she would from the extra sales, which might not get her to the next level of FPV anyway!

You did the right thing!

ALWAYS rebook the host so she can have another show within 6 months and get TWO host specials from that month. That way, if she can't find someone to do a specific month, she can do it herself!

1. How do host specials benefit guests at a Pampered Chef show?

Host specials are a way for the host of a Pampered Chef show to earn free or discounted products based on the sales at their show. This benefits guests because the host will often use their rewards to purchase items that all guests can enjoy, such as ingredients for a demonstration recipe or additional gifts for attendees.

2. Are host specials only available to the host, or can guests also take advantage of them?

Host specials are primarily for the host, as a thank you for hosting the show and inviting their friends and family. However, guests can also benefit indirectly from the host specials, as the host may choose to share some of their rewards with their friends in the form of discounts or free gifts.

3. How much can guests save with host specials?

The amount of savings for guests will vary depending on the total sales at the show and the specific host specials being offered. However, guests can typically expect to save anywhere from 10-50% on their purchases through host specials.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations on using host specials as a guest?

There may be some restrictions or limitations on using host specials, such as a minimum purchase amount or certain products being excluded. However, these details will be clearly communicated by the host during the show so that guests are aware of any limitations before making a purchase.

5. Can guests still take advantage of host specials if they are unable to attend the show?

In most cases, guests must attend the show in order to take advantage of host specials. However, they may be able to place an order through the host or consultant after the show and still receive the host special discounts, depending on the specific policies of the consultant or company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • KarenMarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stephaniekocala
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies