• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Want to Share Tips From Launch?

In summary, the most helpful thing for business was the 'carry less, sell more' strategy taught by the speaker. Other things that inspired Brenda were the testimonials and the 'carry less, sell more' strategy.
pctharper
Gold Member
I'm not talking about revealing the fall products (although if you'd like to PM me that info I'd appreciate it! ;) ). I'm talking about different training tips. Ideas to really help you take off.

In other words-what did you find to be the most helpful thing for your business or that thing thats gonna light a fire in you?

LOL - I'd like to hear about the new products in a PM, too!
Just like every season, I'm gonna ask.
Just like spring launch, I would not reveal who does this dastardly deed by saying thank you publicly - wouldn't want the kind soul to be sanctioned here in the forums.

I just cannot understand why it is such a big deal if someone tells those of us who WANT to know. Not everyone can afford to attend, so it would be nice to feel a part of the excitement. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I would also like to know what the new products are! lol

Well, a few years ago someone posted conference info and didn't clearly mark that it contained spoilers, and spoiled the fun for folks who were going to national conference. Back when they had the different waves. If I was going I would not want to read about it here first. I completely understand.

After that unfortunate incident, the pendulum has swing the other way. But I'm still gonna ask for private spoilers. What I would rather not see, is people who are going this year to scold & lecture me about asking when they themselves asked in past years when they weren't going.:cool:

The question was not about the new products. It was about the lessons learned in the training.

I'm sure even those who went would appreciate seeing another person's perspective too.

But I always found the launch trainings to be a bit generic and cookie cutter. Not anything like what they used to do at conference.

I'd sure loike to know what the new products are. Just asking! PM are welcomed!

If someone is willing to send a message to me as well, it would be greatly appreciated. My Director is in Denver and is having a conference call on Thursday, but I wouldn't mind finding out the new products before then. [email protected] Thank you! Thank you!

The excitement will all come when HO reveals it on the 6th! We all made a promise not to tell. Some people might but most won't.Most of the training will be the same at all meetings except maybe the personal stories that are told.

We had to take an oath of secrecy. Some things were cool. Some were so so and some were disappointing. Isn't that always how these conferences go?

So true Brenda! Thanks for sharing what you can. I will hear about the products on Thursday and NO I won't SPOIL it for anyone.

My experience from Spring Launch this year was the first half was so full of energy and excitement, but then the second half just dragged. It was hard to stay awake. AND they took away our coffee!

The one big thing that I really enjoyed at launch (and honestly, I could be confusing this with last year!), but it was the 'carry less, sell more' stragity. Someone demoed how to sell from the book and you don't need to carry EVERY product with you to have a great show. That really helped me revamp my shows.

Since people will be getting home now and hopefully getting on here, was there anything like that this year that really inspired you? Honestly, I can wait to see the products, its those tid bits is what I really missed. I really wanted to go, but personal conflicts kept me home :(

One thing I didn't miss-the lunch! I hope this years was better than in years past!

I personally would prefer more of the testimonials than the silly cheering nonsense. I'd like the meeting to be conducted by more enthusiastic individuals. Our meeting room was SO cold that people were wrapping the tablecloths around them, going out to their cars and bringing in beach towels, etc just to stay warm. Several of us said something and we were assured that someone was taking care of the problem. Never happened. Meat locker was all that came to mind! I was wearing jeans, I'm naturally warm and I suffered goosebumps for the duration. It was hard to concentrate. I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked some other aspects, but I won't elaborate until after next weekend's launch. My other sour grape was that all of the products were displayed at one end of the room and the line literally went around the room. There was not enough time to eat, network in the recruiting/booking circles and wait for the line to deplete to see the products. Some people that waited in line to see the products were told to return to their seats and they were a tad upset. I know that my director will be getting her shipment so I will at least be able to touch before I purchase sample kits. I will say this... if you have not submitted your two July shows, TRY to get it done. The incentive is pretty awesome!

Sorry it was so cold. Like you said, it is very hard to concentrate when you are freezing. I went to Spring Launch in Omaha and thought the same thing about the new product display not being accessible. If there are many registered to attend, it would be nice if they had at least two areas set up. I don't think that I will get the two shows this month, but thanks for the extra nudge.

I always go to the product display first because it's the only way to get in quickly. Even waiting 15 minutes, the line starts to get long. After lunch when there was still a line, they let them stay until they were all through. It was cold in the room in Omaha too but they warmed it up a little in the afternoon for us. We had a few technical difficulties! The first drawing didn't have anybody's name but said "Your Name Here" instead! Oops! They didn't rehearse at all? Then one of the videos wouldn't start and who ever was cuing the slides kept going too fast or too slow compared to the speakers. Overall it was a good day though!

stop asking for info,. it is ridiculous,. year after year,

pclinskie - I think you can relax a little bit. There have been no rules broken as no one has broken the secrecy rule. Everyone is just excited about the new products and the impact that it may have on our business. I am just grateful that we are Independent Consultants for a company that gives us new products every 6 months and not have to try and sell the same items for a whole year. There is no reason to ridicule others.

Brenda.the.chef said:
Our meeting room was SO cold that people were wrapping the tablecloths around them, going out to their cars and bringing in beach towels, etc just to stay warm. Several of us said something and we were assured that someone was taking care of the problem. Never happened. Meat locker was all that came to mind! I was wearing jeans, I'm naturally warm and I suffered goosebumps for the duration. It was hard to concentrate.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked some other aspects, but I won't elaborate until after next weekend's launch.

My other sour grape was that all of the products were displayed at one end of the room and the line literally went around the room. There was not enough time to eat, network in the recruiting/booking circles and wait for the line to deplete to see the products. Some people that waited in line to see the products were told to return to their seats and they were a tad upset. I know that my director will be getting her shipment so I will at least be able to touch before I purchase sample kits.

I will say this... if you have not submitted your two July shows, TRY to get it done. The incentive is pretty awesome!

I was one of those people who had the tablecloth wrapped around me!! It was like an ice box in there and I had jeans and a long sleeve! My director was surprised to be 9th in top 10 recruiting it was a very special moment!

I thought it was disappointing with on product display it has always been two at launch so I see no reason why it wasn't, not to mention they had less giveaways lol not that i was there for the free stuff lol just someone pointed that out to me. The goodie bag I thought was nice and wasn't as tripy as last LOL

Now for tips there was alot of great ones, however they where some games that where in a video for everyone to watch so I will wait till after launch to talk about those!

wadesgirl said:
I always go to the product display first because it's the only way to get in quickly. Even waiting 15 minutes, the line starts to get long. After lunch when there was still a line, they let them stay until they were all through. It was cold in the room in Omaha too but they warmed it up a little in the afternoon for us. We had a few technical difficulties! The first drawing didn't have anybody's name but said "Your Name Here" instead! Oops! They didn't rehearse at all? Then one of the videos wouldn't start and who ever was cuing the slides kept going too fast or too slow compared to the speakers. Overall it was a good day though!

That was the same in Evansville, not with the giveaways but the tech team messed up atleast ten times with slides moving to fast showing worng I for and what not, rather distracting, plus the music was too low to get pump
Up.

Any news on the new web that you can share?

Sandi

Well I MAY be submitting 2 shows in July totaling over $1250 but I won't earn any free products because:

a) The host of the small show wanted the June specials, so it was sent in as a June party.
b) The host of the $1000 show probably won't close until Friday and what a $1,000 host wants, she gets!
Unless she turns in $1500 by Wednesday (she's $600 away from that) then nope, no freebies.

Oh well, I'll take the $240 commission and LIKE IT!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I personally would prefer more of the testimonials than the silly cheering nonsense. I'd like the meeting to be conducted by more enthusiastic individuals.

I agree! I realize that they try to do that to keep people excited and stuff, but its those testimonials and business tips that people really go to hear! They're inspiring!

I enjoyed fall launch better than spring launch. The 2nd half didnt drag on like in spring. But we had jean Jonus and she is amazing! Next year we are going to Pittsburg, the 2nd week and I'll have to be patient again, something I'm not very good at. Lol

sandilou said:
Any news on the new web that you can share?

Sandi

nothing more than they've already announced--that it's in beta and they'll keep working on it.

It was freezing in Springfield, MA, too--I was so glad I brought a sweater.

PC events are always freezing!!!! must be their wau to keep us awake. I was in Columbus and thought the very first and last portions drug out a little bit. Other than that it was a great time! Took 2 new team members and they both won something too!

Make notes for yourself while it is fresh in your head. When/if they give a survey, you can tell them! I am not going to a launch this time, but I remember the same issues last January. No drinks or ice for drinks after lunch, cold (but I knew to bring a sweater, AND more water). But those are more the facility folks. It is like they want you to hurry up and leave.

All I have to say is do WHATEVER you have to do to get 2 shows in for July and I'm packing my own lunch for spring launch!

Aren't those lunches the WORST? LOL I complain about them year after year! ha ha!

chefsteph07 said:
Aren't those lunches the WORST? LOL I complain about them year after year! ha ha!

ours was actually pretty good yesterday. It was a turkey wrap with potato salad (that really could have used some seasoning and less mayo, but I didn't need to eat it anyhow!) a cookie and an apple. The wrap wasn't all soggy either and the lettuce in it was still crunchy. One of the better boxed lunches that I've had at these events.

I was at Springfield, MA..and they keep the rooms cool to keep people awake and for those who have hot flashes. I fit into both catagories!! I was very comfortable.

Our production guy didn't go to on stage things very quickly and sometimes not at all. There were 4 screens and we depended on them to see what was going on.

We always find an inspiration with Launchs and personally, I love them. I miss conference, but not the long expensive travel. Loved being gone only one night.

As was mentioned above...some excitement and some disappointments but in the end, I am excited about the fall. Where I am from we are having a drought situation (lessened by an all day rain last week). When we were released from FL, it was a down pour, thunder and lightening. The windshield wipers were in shock!

Great to see our PC family and friends!

esavvymom said:
Make notes for yourself while it is fresh in your head. When/if they give a survey, you can tell them! I am not going to a launch this time, but I remember the same issues last January. No drinks or ice for drinks after lunch, cold (but I knew to bring a sweater, AND more water). But those are more the facility folks. It is like they want you to hurry up and leave.
i usually makes notes of things I did or didn't like but this year there wasn't much on either side!

chefsteph07 said:

Our lunch was pretty good - I usually get the gluten free meal because it tends to be on the healthier side. Mine was a turkery (or chicken couldn't tell which one!) salad with gummi bears. The regular meals were like Linda said - I could have done with either meal this time.

I thought San Antonio launch was good. It was cold, but all things Pampered Chef are so I bring a sweater, always!! The lunch was a turkey wrap (lots of turkey, wheat wrap), pasta salad, pickled okra, cherry tomatoes, and some tasty peppers, 2 cookies, an apple and a bag of chips. Quite tasty I thought. The info, speakers and live recipe demo were all good, laughs and tears both on my part in several spots. I liked the info I got and the training was pretty much things we already know (bat may not be doing) and good to hear again, (and again and again). Booking, recruiting, asking, asking, asking, etc. I left encouraged and uplifted and once again thankful to be a part of a company that truly seems to care about their Consultants. I really love what I do and I truly needed to be there! Will be able to tell more about the products when it's ok to share and when I try them in my own kitchen, same as always!!!!

Malinda Klein said:
I enjoyed fall launch better than spring launch. The 2nd half didnt drag on like in spring. But we had jean Jonus and she is amazing! Next year we are going to Pittsburg, the 2nd week and I'll have to be patient again, something I'm not very good at. Lol

Did they already announce where/when next years launches are going to be?

Those of you w/ pasta or potato salad, how cool! Yes, the wrap was better than the regular "sandwich" they usually provide, and we had a bag of pretzels, apple and a cookie. I'm just not a lunch meat fan.

And yes, FREEZING! Don't normally have to worry about that for spring launch as I tend to wear a sweater anyway since it's Feb but will definitely remember to bring a sweatshirt or something next summer! :)

pctharper said:
Did they already announce where/when next years launches are going to be?

I know Feb 2 and Feb 9th, 2013....but not all of the locations. I just know Charlotte, NC and Toledo, OH.
My SIL was at Columbus, and she texted me that much information at least.
She's thinking about coming down to NC for our Spring Launch so we can go together (more fun with other people you know!).

esavvymom said:
I know Feb 2 and Feb 9th, 2013.....

WOW! I thought July 28th and Aug 4th were late!! Now Spring will be even later than that. I don't like that they are revealing the new products soooo close to the change over month. Makes training on them in time much more difficult.

pchockeymom said:
WOW! I thought July 28th and Aug 4th were late!! Now Spring will be even later than that. I don't like that they are revealing the new products soooo close to the change over month. Makes training on them in time much more difficult.

I know. That's what I thought. I figured folks would just L:love:VE that. haha.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Well I MAY be submitting 2 shows in July totaling over $1250 but I won't earn any free products because:

a) The host of the small show wanted the June specials, so it was sent in as a June party.
b) The host of the $1000 show probably won't close until Friday and what a $1,000 host wants, she gets!
Unless she turns in $1500 by Wednesday (she's $600 away from that) then nope, no freebies.

Oh well, I'll take the $240 commission and LIKE IT!

If THIS all discouraged you a bit, from what I understood at Launch, you may not have to worry about it in the future.... ;)

That sounds like a nice/interesting piece of information. I look forward to hearing more after next weeks launch.

I know for sure that Pittsburgh is Feb 9 for Spring Launch!

Denver was freezing cold, too!!! I did get to see who CK was and met her on a break - nice to put a face with a name from CS. It was fun to see her get lots of recognition :)

1PamperedMommy said:

Pittsburgh?!? Really?!? YAY! One that I won't have to fly to!

Hartford is 2/9.

1PamperedMommy said:
YAY!!! I love that it is in Pittsburgh! I will so be able to make that trip!

pclinskie said:
stop asking for info,. it is ridiculous,. year after year,
chillax girl

lovemypckitchen said:
chillax girl

The ONLY information you got from me was to SUBMIT your 2 July shows because the reward is awesome! AND that spring launch is in St Louis Feb 2. I don't recall any other specifics being laid out here. Besides, if you're worried about seeing anything that would spoil the surprise, you could avoid this particular thread.

I was in Phoenix and place was super cold and the box lunch was bleh. The wrap was no good :yuck:. The potato salad was delish and the cookie too :thumbup:! Had a few tears shed when hearing some of the speakers :cry: and it was great! But I those of you who don't have at least their two shows submitted you will want to try your best to get 2 shows submitted!!! YOU will be happy!!:love::love::thumbup::thumbup:

IF anyone is sending new products, etc, please send to me, [email protected]. This is the first time in years I have not been able to go. Please don't anyone yell at me for asking ...

<h2>1. How can I effectively market my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>One of the best ways to market your Pampered Chef business is through hosting cooking parties. Invite friends, family, and acquaintances to your home or have a virtual party and showcase the products while demonstrating how to use them. This allows potential customers to see the products in action and try them out for themselves. You can also utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to share photos and videos of your products and promote any special offers or events.</p><h2>2. How can I increase my sales and bookings?</h2><p>One effective strategy is to offer incentives or promotions for customers who book a party or make a purchase. This could include free products, discounts, or a gift with purchase. Additionally, follow up with customers after a party or sale to thank them and offer any ongoing support or assistance they may need. Building strong relationships with your customers can lead to repeat business and referrals.</p><h2>3. How can I stay organized and on top of orders and bookings?</h2><p>Invest in a planner or calendar specifically for your Pampered Chef business to keep track of upcoming parties, orders, and other important dates. Utilize the tools provided by Pampered Chef, such as the Consultant’s Corner, to manage bookings and track sales. It’s also helpful to set aside dedicated time each week for administrative tasks and staying organized.</p><h2>4. How can I expand my customer base beyond my immediate network?</h2><p>Consider partnering with other local businesses or organizations to reach a wider audience. For example, you could host a cooking demonstration at a local farmers market or collaborate with a health and wellness store to showcase healthy cooking with Pampered Chef products. You can also participate in community events and fairs to showcase your products and services and connect with potential customers.</p><h2>5. How can I continue to grow and improve as a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>Take advantage of the training and resources offered by Pampered Chef, such as attending conferences and webinars, to learn new techniques and stay up to date on the latest products and promotions. It’s also important to continuously seek feedback from your customers and team members to identify areas for improvement and make adjustments as needed. Networking with other consultants and sharing tips and best practices can also help you grow and succeed in your business.</p>

1. How can I effectively market my Pampered Chef business?

One of the best ways to market your Pampered Chef business is through hosting cooking parties. Invite friends, family, and acquaintances to your home or have a virtual party and showcase the products while demonstrating how to use them. This allows potential customers to see the products in action and try them out for themselves. You can also utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to share photos and videos of your products and promote any special offers or events.

2. How can I increase my sales and bookings?

One effective strategy is to offer incentives or promotions for customers who book a party or make a purchase. This could include free products, discounts, or a gift with purchase. Additionally, follow up with customers after a party or sale to thank them and offer any ongoing support or assistance they may need. Building strong relationships with your customers can lead to repeat business and referrals.

3. How can I stay organized and on top of orders and bookings?

Invest in a planner or calendar specifically for your Pampered Chef business to keep track of upcoming parties, orders, and other important dates. Utilize the tools provided by Pampered Chef, such as the Consultant’s Corner, to manage bookings and track sales. It’s also helpful to set aside dedicated time each week for administrative tasks and staying organized.

4. How can I expand my customer base beyond my immediate network?

Consider partnering with other local businesses or organizations to reach a wider audience. For example, you could host a cooking demonstration at a local farmers market or collaborate with a health and wellness store to showcase healthy cooking with Pampered Chef products. You can also participate in community events and fairs to showcase your products and services and connect with potential customers.

5. How can I continue to grow and improve as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Take advantage of the training and resources offered by Pampered Chef, such as attending conferences and webinars, to learn new techniques and stay up to date on the latest products and promotions. It’s also important to continuously seek feedback from your customers and team members to identify areas for improvement and make adjustments as needed. Networking with other consultants and sharing tips and best practices can also help you grow and succeed in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leshelman
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jetcitysandy
Replies
Views
raebates