• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Seriously? Someone Complained on My Spring Launch Video?

It was password protected, not viewable by the public, intended for Consultant use only and being shared with consultants only. I was being NICE by helping out those who couldn't go to a Spring Launch meeting and those who wanted something to use at their Cluster Meetings. It was never intended to be for "advertising" and I'm kind of shocked that someone here is that petty and would misrepresent it in a complaint to corporate as being advertising on the web. :rolleyes:
Sheila
Gold Member
It was password protected, not viewable by the public, intended for Consultant use only and being shared with consultants only. I was being NICE by helping out those who couldn't go to a Spring Launch meeting and those who wanted something to use at their Cluster Meetings. It was never intended to be for "advertising" and I'm kind of shocked that someone here is that petty and would misrepresent it in a complaint to corporate as being advertising on the web. :rolleyes:

If I've done something to personally offend you I'd be happy to talk about it by PM. I really am a nice person with a desire to help others and would like to continue being nice to others, but if it means that I'm going to have to ignore my children for any length of time to explain to corporate that it was a bogus complaint, then I'll restrain myself from being "helpful" to other consultants on this forum in the future. :thumbdown:

Are you serious? Someone reported you to the HO?????? That is ABSURD!!!

Especially if anyone knows you on here!! I'm sorry that happened to you!
You were so good and waited too...didn't spill the beans even though you had seen them before all of us.

I'm sorry, Sheila - that's absolutely ridiculous!!

I am so sorry Shelia, and shame on them! I think what you did should be provided by HO for overseas consultants!
Unfortunately there is always someone...

Yes. Strange, huh?

There are several "self-appointed" PC police on this board. It is unfortunate, but you do have to watch your back. People with too much time on their hands, NOT working their business like to rain on other's parades. Sorry that happened Sheila!

I think there is a "mole" on this site who just enjoys doing this kind of thing.

To whomever you are, God knows your heart. I hopefully one day you will loose this bitterness you have and extend more love and compassion.

That is ridiculous! It amazes me the things some people will do! And I was just saying the other day how great this forum was because we all supported each other. I'm so sorry that this happened and hope that it doesn't discourage you from continuing to help out all of us who appreciate it (even if I don't often voice it)

That is just plain obnoxious!
For what it's worth, Sheila, I appreciated what you did immensely. I was unable to get all of my team members to a meeting this week so we did a conference call and while on the call I had everyone open your video so that together we could talk about the new products.
Poo on anyone who filed a complaint.

A thought....could it be those we know who are FROM HO who are on here? Technically, they could be considered a "mole". Just a thought...

Thanks everyone. I know whoever it was is in the minority on this issue, I'm just confused as to who it was that I've offended to the point that they felt the need to make a bogus complaint on me to corporate.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Corporate hasn't seen the video. They didn't understand what it was.

By the way Carolyn, that was an awesome idea! :D

I feel for you Sheila thanks for posting it though :) Hope you didnt get into too much trouble.

What a jerk! The only time I ever report someone is for selling on eBay, Amazon.com, or Craigslist, etc.! No way would I report someone from here who shares! Shame on them! It's not like you were "selling it" either!

Sheila said:
Corporate hasn't seen the video. They didn't understand what it was.

ROFL!! Now THAT's funny!! ;) (sorry, but that just makes way too much sense to me today - not in a very "corporate" way today, I guess) :yuck:

What's really bad, is I can almost bet money that my Senior Director has posted HER pictures of the new product on her Facebook page! I don't have FB, but I know at NC, she was sending the photos back to her husband so he could post them on her FB page. And yet YOU get in trouble? So if corporate hadn't seen the video or knew what it was, who called you?? Do they not check out the complaints before following up on them?

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Just a thought though: CS isn't a private site, non members can see posts, and would have been able to see the link and the password.

Now, I'm not saying that it cancels out the pettyness of someone reporting you, but maybe in the future you could make the password something only consultants can see. Like a word out of the policy guide or something.

esavvymom said:
... So if corporate hadn't seen the video or knew what it was, who called you?? Do they not check out the complaints before following up on them?

Apparently they don't check out the complaints. They just forward them on to the Consultant. I'm sure that they have an ABUNDANCE of real complaints and probably insufficient manpower to research them all. Just guessing of course.

This month, at least. I was able to view this whole thread without signing in.Not that it makes it right ... You are doing a SERVICE and you ROCK! I think several of the PC Police might actually agree with me there! I didn't see the video ... but now I'll have to check it out!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I didn't see the video ... but now I'll have to check it out!

Too late. I disabled the link because I have a sour taste in my mouth now about being nice on Chef Success. :rolleyes:

Seriously - that is just wrong. Did you explain to HO what you were doing and why? I thought it was a good idea for you to do that - especially for the APO consultants who had no chance to go to any sort of Spring Launch.

I'm still trying to resolve issues with the tech support people on the fact that corporate doesn't get my e-mails, so I can't e-mail Donna Jasinek in Career Solutions until the e-mail issue is resolved. When I called, she was already gone for the day. The person who did answer the phone didn't know anything about it.But I have been on the phone dealing with tech support trying to get the e-mail thing resolved again! So at least something good came out of all this if I can get that fixed finally! LOL

Hmmmm. Did you actually see the complaint? My theory is that HO has a troll (or whatever it's called) that searches the internet day and night. Then, they send an automatic "you've been bad, take it off the internet" message to any offenders without ever looking at it.

My neighborhood has a website listing various businesses and websites. NO ONE ever looks at this website so I don't think that I was "reported." I did get a message from HO saying I had to have it removed - even though it isn't under my control. I just think that technology allows them to look up key words and phrases......

beepampered said:
Hmmmm. Did you actually see the complaint? My theory is that HO has a troll (or whatever it's called) that searches the internet day and night. Then, they send an automatic "you've been bad, take it off the internet" message to any offenders without ever looking at it.

My neighborhood has a website listing various businesses and websites. NO ONE ever looks at this website so I don't think that I was "reported." I did get a message from HO saying I had to have it removed - even though it isn't under my control. I just think that technology allows them to look up key words and phrases......

Wouldn't that be a kicker....if they have the tech-smarts to do THAT, but they can't figure out how to fix our PWS so that automated email reminders go out from the HOST's email address, instead of MINE?! among other simple tasks they could program but don't know how to do (and some have asked!).

HO probably doesn't have the manpower to "troll" websites. They do, however, have the ability to track the source of how someone came to your website. If they see clicks coming from the web, they get a flag, and then send a warning.

What a bummer Sheila. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Sheila, so sorry this happened to you. I think what you put together was wonderful and was obviously meant to be helpful. I would really like to think it was some type of automated report. Continue to be the sweet, helpful, loving person you are!

{{{Hugs!}}}

Di_Can_Cook said:
This month, at least. I was able to view this whole thread without signing in. ...

Which brings up another funny point ... they had to come HERE to see the link & password. Which means that any non-member lurking on the forum was already aware that I was a consultant prior to clicking the link & entering a password to download the video. Now if I had uploaded it to YouTube & it was searchable by anyone on the web, then I'd understand the "advertising" complaint.
roflmao2.gif

Noora, there is not nor has there ever been a clickable link on my 4Shared folders (private or public). So I know that wasn't an issue. ;)

Diane, unfortunately I don't think it's possible for an automated system to have found that. It has to be in a public area for the search engines to find it. Therefore it's evident that it was actually a complaint to HO. :(

I can't believe it! Oh, shame on the person who did it. What a nasty, petty, jealous and spiteful spirit! UGH!! I'm actually angry that someone did it! Sheila, I am so sorry that you're in this mess and that it's all because you were trying to be helpful. Bet you the culprit has little success....kind of hard to succeed in this biz if you're bitter and unfriendly. UGH!!

I got to use the video when I had my own Spring Launch for those who were unable to attend. It was beautifully made, and obviously took a lot of time and effort. The team LOVED it, and I have you to thank. So, thank you!

You have been a rock star with your biz and you have been helpful to everyone on this site, and I think that person was just a wee bit mad that they're not excelling. They should invest their time towards THEIR personal biz and not yours...then they might be able to post some success stories themselves.

Sorry....I am usually not a nasty person, but shame on the person! UGH!

You are all so very sweet with your compliments!
hearts.gif
It's lunch time here, time to wake up my 2 little ones & take them to playgroup! So I'm going to sign off. It's evening time for most of you, so have a good night! :D

Shiela, I am so sorry you had to deal with this. :(You have been so helpful and such an inspiration. I can tell how much time and attention you put into your business. I (everyone) gets such great help and advice from you. And we APPRECIATE YOU.
1st of all you posted that video AFTER the new products were posted on CC.
2nd all it was, was a video of all the pictures of the new products. Nothing added or deleted from what info we could get on our own.
BTW- when I search Pampered Chef on FB, it amazes me how much people get away with. While I have never complained, it bothers me that there are so many that completely are ignoring the rules. If I write something on my wall it refers to "the catalog". That's it. Never mention if PC. Even though only my friends can see it, I know they understand what I mean.
I know the FB is for another post. Sorry, just needed to vent too.
But for you, you did nothing wrong. HO must have been misinformed of it's content. Keep being YOU. :chef:

So....how did I not know that there was a video???? I would have shared it with my team too.

I hate it that someone ratted on you, that isn't cool :(

Wow, I always miss everything until it's over and done with (LOL). I never got to see your video, but that was very nice of you to do for those who were unable to attend. Sorry someone had to ruin it!

That sucks! I appreciated seeing it. Sorry. :(

I'm sorry you have to go through this Sheila - hopefully it won't take too long to resolve with HO.
I loved the video - perhaps it was a little 'sneaky' for me to watch it, as in Canada we didn't have the big reveal of the new products until this past weekend, but it was so much fun to watch! Thanks!! :)

Sheila said:
Diane, unfortunately I don't think it's possible for an automated system to have found that. It has to be in a public area for the search engines to find it. Therefore it's evident that it was actually a complaint to HO. :(

I'm not saying anyone should have reported you but I did want to say...

Posts on this board ARE public in the sense that they show up in search engines. When I've searched for recipes before on Google, oftentimes a thread here on CS comes up in the search results. (Which of course leads me to think DUH, why didn't I look here first LOL)

Well, I missed the whole thing too. I should be reading here more often I guess! Sorry.

Chef Kearns said:
There are several "self-appointed" PC police on this board. It is unfortunate, but you do have to watch your back. People with too much time on their hands, NOT working their business like to rain on other's parades. Sorry that happened Sheila!

Exactly! I'm a bit short with "the police"
at times, as I feel that for some reason, it makes some people feel better about themselves having others know they "know everything". Who cares! Grow up! sorry this happened to you. Especially with you knowing ahead of time the new products, etc. and you held it to yourself out of respect of others still attending Spring Launch. I'm a teacher, and I've found that some kids will never grow up.

MLinAZ said:
... Posts on this board ARE public in the sense that they show up in search engines. When I've searched for recipes before on Google, oftentimes a thread here on CS comes up in the search results. (Which of course leads me to think DUH, why didn't I look here first LOL)

I really don't think that anyone would have found it easily in a search engine either. There was one response from "cheflorraine", but no where in the thread was the words, pamper, pampered, or the phrase "pampered chef". Actually, I just went & did a google search for "spring launch 2010" and only found one CS thread and it was the one posted by jamiesgirl305 showing photos that she took. There are a LOT of personal sites, blogs, etc out there talking about going to a PC Spring Launch though! WOW! I never do searches like that since I'm a consultant & don't need to find one! LOL

AND, speaking of cheflorriane ... You cheated & looked early???
eusa_naughty.gif
Just kidding, of course!
icon_biggrin.gif

Goodness!!!!! There's always a few out there that just LOVE to make waves! Sorry you had to go through that!!!! I really appreciate your posts!!!!

That really stinks!! I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't understand why people spend so much time "tattling" to HO about other consultants. I thought you followed the rules...you waited and it was a private password protected video. Really, if people would worry about their own businesses the people who aren't following the rules will eventually have their dishonesty come back to bite them in the rear. Those things have a way of working themselves out. I am friends with lots of people on FB and I get posts from their page talking about PC all the time, but I don't report them. They will figure it out themselves. I try to never say PC or Pampered Chef when I'm on FB and if someone asks me I send them a private message explaining that I can't discuss it there and then we move to email or telephone. Sometimes people just make mistakes...and they sure don't need to be reported to HO...especially when they are new. Some people aren't going to follow the rules, but as I stated, it will bite them in the rear eventually.

I am sorry Sheila that this has happened to you.
I am thankful that you put it up so i could enjoy seeing the new products from a really quality source. I am only on CS for a month or so but i already learned so much from here. I just don't understand how someone can't apreciate that. Keep up the great work you do.

What the heck?
Thanks for putting those up - I really enjoyed seeing everything. I should have thanked you over in that thread!
Too bad you had to go through the ordeal of gtting "reported" for a non-crime.

Yeah, ditto what everyone else is saying! I'm sorry someone did that to you. Your heart was in the right place and you were being very helpful and generous with sharing.

If it makes you feel any better Sheila, it might not have been someone who blatently reported you. HO really does have people that monitor this site (one of them actually posted in the chat box one time). And, they really start snooping around in here during season change-over too.

Sorry that happened Sheila. It was obvious thay you were just sharing with other consultants. Some people are just mean spirited. I would have so used your video at my meeting if it had taken place while it was up. Sorry to hear you had to break the link.

Shake it off and continue being you! ...otherwise they win.

;) 4 of my 6 cooking shows this year are over $1,000 each. No one is raining on my parade. LOL

I'm a big believer in following the rules. I think a lot of the people who get caught doing things they shouldn't deserve to get caught. However, It doesn't seem to me that what you did was wrong, Sheila. I'm sorry that petty tattling has hurt you this way.

<h2>1. Why did someone complain about my Spring Launch video?</h2><p>It's possible that the person who complained misunderstood the purpose of the video and thought it was being used for advertising instead of its intended use for consultants only.</p><h2>2. Wasn't the video password protected and only meant for consultants?</h2><p>Yes, the video was intended to be private and only accessible to consultants with the password. It was not meant for public viewing or advertising purposes.</p><h2>3. Why did you share the video on this forum if it was meant for consultants only?</h2><p>The video was shared on this forum as a way to help out consultants who were unable to attend the Spring Launch meeting or who wanted something to use at their Cluster Meetings. It was not meant for advertising purposes.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I receive a complaint about the video?</h2><p>If you receive a complaint, it's best to address it directly with the person who made the complaint. You can also reach out to corporate to clarify the purpose of the video and explain the situation.</p><h2>5. Will you continue to share helpful content on this forum in the future?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, your main focus should be on your family and business. If sharing content on this forum will take away from that, it's best to refrain from doing so. However, if you do decide to share content, make sure to clearly state its intended purpose to avoid any misunderstandings or complaints.</p>

1. Why did someone complain about my Spring Launch video?

It's possible that the person who complained misunderstood the purpose of the video and thought it was being used for advertising instead of its intended use for consultants only.

2. Wasn't the video password protected and only meant for consultants?

Yes, the video was intended to be private and only accessible to consultants with the password. It was not meant for public viewing or advertising purposes.

3. Why did you share the video on this forum if it was meant for consultants only?

The video was shared on this forum as a way to help out consultants who were unable to attend the Spring Launch meeting or who wanted something to use at their Cluster Meetings. It was not meant for advertising purposes.

4. What should I do if I receive a complaint about the video?

If you receive a complaint, it's best to address it directly with the person who made the complaint. You can also reach out to corporate to clarify the purpose of the video and explain the situation.

5. Will you continue to share helpful content on this forum in the future?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, your main focus should be on your family and business. If sharing content on this forum will take away from that, it's best to refrain from doing so. However, if you do decide to share content, make sure to clearly state its intended purpose to avoid any misunderstandings or complaints.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
leshelman
  • Sheila
  • Products and Tips
Replies