• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho...

In summary, the conversation revolved around a phone call a consultant received from someone asking about their Pampered Chef website. The consultant was confused as they did not have a website for Pampered Chef and did not want to be associated with the company in any way. The conversation then delved into the concept of being "shopped" or spied on by companies, but it was ultimately determined that it was probably just a wrong number.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I just got a phone call on my cell phone from someone (caught only the first name)... and she wanted to know when her Pampered Chef website would be ready.

I was sooo confused. I said that I had a newsletter service for consultants but I was not affiliated with the corporate Pampered Chef.

I can't even figure out where my cell phone is listed... I think it might be tied into my Paypal account but I don't generally post it.

I tried to search my records for her phone # but I came up with nothing, so I don't think it's a customer of mine. They didn't ask for me by name or reference Tasty Tidbits at all.

Strange?? I really don't want to get in trouble by being associated with HO in any way.

maybe you were shopped-hmmmm

Interesting... the phone # WAS Illinois...
What would they be shopping? To make sure I didn't answer as though I was affiliated with PC?

never now-I have done party's where I felt shopped!

MORFIA said:
never now-I have done party's where I felt shopped!

Explain. I have no clue what you mean here?:confused:

BethCooks4U said:
Explain. I have no clue what you mean here?:confused:

I'll second that!:confused: What do you mean - "shopped"?

Being "shopped" is kinda like spying on you to make sure you are doing your job. Macy's hires people to "shop" to see how thier sales people measure up. They are rated as to how they treat the "customer", and how they handle situations.

I think she means like a "Secret Shopper" - some companies hire people to shop their stores to make sure their employees are giving good customer service. I used to work at the Gap, and they had Secret Shoppers in there all the time.

I bet that's what happened. Perhaps they were checking to make sure you weren't using your newsletter service as a front for being able to advertise on the internet. KWIM?

I don't see HO "playing games" like that
they have people on here, I'm sure they know she offers the service.
They are straightforward I don't think they'd call and not ask exact questions.

Teresa Lynn said:
I don't see HO "playing games" like that
they have people on here, I'm sure they know she offers the service.
They are straightforward I don't think they'd call and not ask exact questions.

I agree. There are HO people who are on this site - they have to know Joy and the service she provides - she's very upfront about it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree. There are HO people who are on this site - they have to know Joy and the service she provides - she's very upfront about it.

Ditto, I think it was just a confused person...better get that lifeguard trained for that gene pool! :p

I reverse googled my phone # and found it listed only on my photography website... which you can link to from the TT home page. I suppose you could get it that way, BUT wouldn't you then KNOW you were calling ME the photographer and not ME home office?

I don't think I am being shopped. I don't have a problem with HO checking up on me, but I have always been upfront about the service and trying not to step on toes or violate any policies. They've never contacted me about anything, good or bad.

I'd chalk it up to momentary insanity on the part of the caller. It's possible that she hit the wrong number on her speed dial.

let it go---It was simply a response---

probably just a wrong number...it is a strange coincidence though...lol

What is "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..."?

"Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..." is a popular game played at Pampered Chef parties. It involves calling a random person from the host's phone contacts and pretending to be a telemarketer or long lost friend in order to win a prize.

How do you play "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..."?

To play "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho...", the host will randomly choose a person from their phone contacts and call them. The player must then pretend to be a telemarketer or long lost friend and try to keep the person on the phone for at least 60 seconds without the person realizing it is a prank call. If successful, the player wins a prize.

What kind of prizes can be won in "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..."?

The prizes for "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..." can vary depending on the host's preference. Some popular prizes include kitchen gadgets, Pampered Chef products, and gift cards.

Is "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..." appropriate for all ages?

While "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..." is meant to be a fun and lighthearted game, it is ultimately up to the host to decide if it is appropriate for all ages. Some may find the prank calls to be inappropriate, so it is important to consider the audience before playing.

Is there an alternative to making prank calls in "Random! Someone Just Called Me Thinking I Was Ho..."?

Yes, there is an alternative version of the game where players must send a random text message to a contact and try to keep the conversation going for at least 60 seconds without the person realizing it is a prank. This version may be more suitable for those who are uncomfortable with making phone calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies