• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Think I'm in Trouble...(Long)

In summary, my daughter started horseback riding lessons about 1.5 months ago. The lady there actually runs a rescue and we were talking about PC. She offered to do a show, but several times during the conversation she mentioned that all the money she makes, (including from lessons, trail rides, adoptions, etc), goes to the horses. When I handed her the $75 for the lessons she said, "thank you so much! I wasn't sure how I would get the feed for the older horses, and I was just praying about it this morning." This was after it took a month just to get the lesson scheduled, but whatever. The next time I saw her I told her I had an
grainsmommy
My daughter started horseback riding lessons about 1.5 months ago. The lady there actually runs a rescue and we were talking about PC. She offered to do a show, but several times during the conversation she mentioned that all the money she makes, (including from lessons, trail rides, adoptions, etc), goes to the horses. When I handed her the $75 for the lessons she said, "thank you so much! I wasn't sure how I would get the feed for the older horses, and I was just praying about it this morning." This was after it took a month just to get the lesson scheduled, but whatever.

The next time I saw her I told her I had an idea about fundraising. I would turn her show into a fundraiser and we could get money for the horses. She was in love with the idea and got really fired up. I made her 50 fliers to start with and gave her a packet with catalogs, order forms and other supplies. I told her to let me know if she needed anything else. I also kept 50 fliers and went around to local places hanging them everywhere. She uploaded her e-mail list to the PWS and I volunteered to send out letters since she's not so hot with words. I've done lots of fundraising before with my step-daughter's PTA and I know the ins and outs of raising money for a cause. I knew this would be tricky because she's not a 501c3, but figured the people who know her would be eager to help.

She sent me an email about a week later with information about a little horse that had lost 3 of it's legs and needed prosthesis to walk and all kinds of surgeries and whatnot. I've seen stories like that before, (my hubby is studying to be a prosthetist, so we read stuff like this a lot.), so I didn't think a whole lot of it. She wrote me a couple days later and said that she wanted to donate some of her fundraiser money to the girl who owns that horse. Something struck me really wrong with that. I know that what she does with the money is none of my business, but since she told me, I felt I should let her know what was appropriate. I wrote her back and VERY NICELY said, "that's fine, but if you're going to do that, you need to tell everyone who spends money exactly what their money is going to. People don't like to donate money to one thing and find out it went to something else." No biggie, right?

Well, I guess it was, because since then she has not answered her phone, returned calls, returned e-mails, answered myspace messages. I was going to just cancel the show, but last night e-mail reminders were automatically sent, (the show is supposed to be on Friday), and people are responding. So far I only know of 2 who have responded in the positive, but I have no way of knowing if anyone else has since she won't call back.

SOOOOO...what am I supposed to do? I was going to do power cooking chicken, but I don't want to spend that much money on something she's not done anything for and have only 2 people show up (IF THAT!). I'm also more than a little upset that we paid $75 for lessons and my daughter got to ride ONCE, (it was supposed to pay for 5 lessons), and then I never heard from her again. I don't want my professional name to go out the window with these potential guests, but one part of me just does not care.

Our original agreement was that I was going to donate my commission to her and I'd get the FPV. Because I'm fairly new and have an inventory to build, I need the product and because I believe in her rescue I was willing to forgo my commission so that she'd get a higher percentage of the sales. Of course, this was all back when I thought it was going to be a 1500+ show. Does it matter now? I suppose I'm still obligated to this. I did, however, leave her a message and tell her that I can't afford to give her my commission if the show is only a few hundred dollars, (I'd be in heaven if it were THAT high, I don't honestly think it will even qualify at this point!), because I'm out gas money and printing money and food money. Naturally, I never heard back on that, either.

Help! UGH. :confused::mad:

Based on what you said about trying to get lessons scheduled, She sounds like a very disorganized person. Maybe she just hasn't made it a priority to get back to you. Is the show going to be at her house? If so, I'd leave the "I'm going to be there at xxx unless I hear back from you" message.

Wow, well, first of all, you need to address with her her professionalism when it comes to the lessons. Aside from the PC stuff, you PAID for lessons for her and you should get them...

Can you go to the stable where she is and ask her what's going on?

I'd hate for you to do all that work for the show and like you said, have no one come.

I really do need to just go out there. My problem is that I'm mad and don't want to be unprofessional.

Funny--I did call her on Monday and told her "if you need to cancel, let me know...otherwise the show is at 6pm Friday!" I guess I know my own answer. I'll just hope for the best and MAYBE we'll have a qualified show. I'll take what I can get this month!

Wow $75 for 5 lessons thats cheap!!!! I teach lessons and I get $55/hr!!!!If she is not returning your phone calls I would go down in person! Try to take some calming breaths and not take it personally! but you do need to speak to her about the show AND about the lessons you paid for. It is highly unprofessional on her part!!

pamperedpnina said:
Wow $75 for 5 lessons thats cheap!!!! I teach lessons and I get $55/hr!!!!

It is very cheap. Her teachers are volunteers because they believe in what she's doing. She hasn't been able to keep any of them, though. She doesn't ride horses, only rescues, so I guess she doesn't know the going rate, or wants to keep it cheap enough that people do it. It was supposed to be 75/3 lessons, but my daughter is only 4 and didn't want to go the whole hour..she could only stand 30 min in the Texas heat. So they gave me a bonus couple of lessons. IF they'd stick to it.

I guess I'm just going to have to go out there after DH comes home. I think I'll just make a pizza or something, though, so I don't have to spend so much money. I can't afford to shell out cash like that on something that's going to do nothing for me.

I agree don't spend to much on the fundraiser. Do you have the Trifle bowl? you could make a trifle they are really inexpensive & impressive looking! You might be able to get some booking for Dec. from it!

Don't assume only two people will show up. It's very likely that's all there will be, but it's also possible people won't decide until the very last minute.

Also, don't assume that with only two people there won't be much in sales. At my Grand Opening I had only two people, but one of them did the Christmas shopping for her daughters (this was back in March!!). Just from her order the show qualified.

1. What is the "I Think I'm in Trouble" recipe?

The "I Think I'm in Trouble" recipe is a delicious and indulgent dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, and a creamy chocolate mousse filling. It is a popular and decadent treat that is perfect for special occasions or when you just need a little chocolate in your life.

2. Is the "I Think I'm in Trouble" recipe difficult to make?

While this recipe may seem intimidating at first glance, it is actually quite simple to make with the right tools and ingredients. With the help of our Pampered Chef products, such as our cake pans and mixing bowls, you can easily create this impressive dessert in no time.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in the "I Think I'm in Trouble" recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions in this recipe to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or dairy-free chocolate chips. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the final product.

4. How can I store the "I Think I'm in Trouble" dessert?

This dessert is best served fresh, but if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to cover the container with plastic wrap to prevent the chocolate mousse from drying out.

5. Can I make the "I Think I'm in Trouble" recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. However, it is best to add the chocolate ganache and mousse layers right before serving to ensure the cake stays moist and the mousse stays fluffy. You can also freeze the assembled cake for up to 2 weeks, just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies