• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Business in Rural Areas: Tips & Advice

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant living in a rural area looking for tips to boost her business. She is hoping to meet new people and expand her customer base. She is considering using car magnets to advertise her business and has received positive feedback from others who have used them. She is also looking into participating in craft fairs to reach a wider audience.
mheat923
I am looking for tips to boost my business....I live in a rural area(although not as much as it use to be) my town has a population of about 600 and I find those who I talk to fall into 2 categories they are my director's customers or they are not lol.... She has been in PC a good # of years and has a good steady customer base and that's where I want to be...

I am looking for anyone who lives in a rural community to share tips for booking and recruiting and of course meeting new people.... My circle involves a lot of the same people because our kids go to school together dance together take karate together and we all go to church together....I need to get out of the box...I am not shy so its not fear of opening my mouth its just needing to meet new people.

I bought the little window decal from Merrill but did not place it on my van yet and its a good thing as I am selling it tomorrow and wont have a new vehicle until I get to my dad's dealership in Virginia on Thursday...I am seriously thinking about ordering car magnets..anyone have any good expierence with that?

Hey Heather
I wish I had some tips for you but I am empty handed. I too live in a small rural area, although not quite as small as yours. My experience has been much the same as yours...either "I USE to be a consultant", "My (fill in the blank) is a PC consultant" or "I do shows with so & so, do you know her"? Sometimes I feel like there are 3 consultants for every 1 person in the area. I do have car magnets but have gotten no calls on mine. I do know that others have posted on here with great results. I guess you just have to try for yourself. Good luck

My magnets have been helpful. Usually it's not calls I come out of the post office and someone is standing by my car. I also make magnets out of my business cards. People love these and put your info on your fridge

I don't live in a rural area but recommend trying to find craft fairs in your area even if it means driving a little. www.craftlister.com

Kathy,
Thank you for the link! I am looking at the site now and hope to find something I can participate at!

What are the key factors to consider when trying to boost business in rural areas?

The key factors to consider include understanding the local market, building relationships with the community, utilizing local resources, offering unique products or services, and effective marketing strategies.

How can I effectively market my business in a rural area?

To effectively market your business in a rural area, you can use a combination of traditional and digital marketing methods. This can include creating a strong online presence, participating in local events and fairs, advertising in local newspapers or radio stations, and utilizing word-of-mouth marketing.

What are some effective ways to connect with the rural community?

Some effective ways to connect with the rural community include joining local organizations or clubs, sponsoring community events, volunteering, and participating in community activities. Building genuine relationships with community members is key to gaining their trust and support for your business.

How important is it to understand the culture and values of a rural community?

Understanding the culture and values of a rural community is crucial for successfully boosting business in that area. This includes knowing the local customs, traditions, and beliefs, as well as understanding the needs and preferences of the community. By respecting and embracing the community's culture and values, you can build a strong and lasting relationship with them.

What are some potential challenges of operating a business in a rural area?

Some potential challenges of operating a business in a rural area include a smaller customer base, limited resources, and difficulty in finding skilled employees. It may also take longer to establish a presence and gain trust in a rural community. It is important to research and plan carefully to overcome these challenges and succeed in a rural market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706