• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Annual Gift Fair at Local Assisted Living: Worth the Investment?

In summary, the local assisted living place is holding an annual gift fair and the person is considering participating. They are hesitant to invest time and money during a busy sales month, but are considering investing in some pantry items or borrowing their director's Cash and Carry. They are also thinking of ways to make themselves stand out from the other vendors at the fair. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide if the fair is worth the investment.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A local assisted living place has an annual gift fair for residents, family and friends. I used to do this fair when I sold jewelry and didn't have much success. The year I was there, the PC lady didn't have much luck either.

I blew off the last one they held so I could do a training for Pampered Chef.

This one is Nov. 8 from 10 to 4, and I am hesitant to invest that much time in an event during Sell-A-Thon month when, at least in theory, I could be doing a show.

When I was there before, the only one having any luck was the Tastefully Simple lady, who was selling beer bread and brownie mix right and left.

Do you think it would be worth it to invest in some pantry items? Or just borrow my director's Cash and Carry?

I'm thinking I need to do something to distinguish myself from the others, or not do it at all.

I think it would be worth it to invest in some pantry items. People love convenience and if you have something that they can just grab and go, they will be more likely to buy. You could also try offering some gift-ready packages of items or something that is unique and a little different from the other vendors. This could help you stand out and draw more attention. Additionally, depending on the rules of the fair, you could consider borrowing your director’s Cash and Carry and offer it as an additional option for people who don't have time to wait around for their food. This could help you capture more sales.

As an pampered chef consultant, I understand your hesitation in investing time and money into an event during Sell-A-Thon month. It can be tough to balance between potential sales and attending events. However, it seems like the Tastefully Simple lady had success at this event, so it may be worth considering investing in some pantry items to sell. Alternatively, you could borrow your director's Cash and Carry to save on costs. If you do decide to participate in the gift fair, it may be helpful to come up with a unique selling point to distinguish yourself from the other vendors. This could be offering a special discount or promotion, showcasing new products, or even offering a demonstration or tasting of your products. It's important to make yourself stand out in a crowded event like this. Ultimately, the decision is up to you and what you feel is best for your business. If you don't feel like the gift fair is worth your time and resources, then it may be best to focus on other sales opportunities during Sell-A-Thon month. Good luck with your decision!

Related to Annual Gift Fair at Local Assisted Living: Worth the Investment?

1. What is the Annual Gift Fair at Local Assisted Living?

The Annual Gift Fair at Local Assisted Living is an event where Pampered Chef consultants set up a display of our products at a local assisted living community for residents to shop and purchase gifts for themselves or their loved ones.

2. Is it worth the investment for consultants to participate in the Gift Fair?

Absolutely! The Gift Fair is a great opportunity for consultants to expand their customer base and increase sales. It also allows consultants to give back to the community and make a positive impact on the residents of the assisted living community.

3. What types of products are typically offered at the Gift Fair?

We offer a variety of products at the Gift Fair, including kitchen gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and food products. We also have a selection of specially curated gift sets that make great presents for the holidays.

4. How do I sign up to participate in the Gift Fair?

Please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team to sign up for the Gift Fair. We will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your participation a success.

5. Can I bring guests to help me at the Gift Fair?

Yes, you are welcome to bring guests to help you at the Gift Fair. However, please note that only registered Pampered Chef consultants are allowed to handle and sell products at the event. Guests are welcome to assist with set-up and clean-up, but they may not sell products or handle money.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Bill Faber