• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$1,000 Shows -Share Your Tips From Your Experience

In summary, the most successful hosts are those that are motivated and have a competitive spirit. They also have to be excited about their show, and be willing to work hard to make it a success.
It took a while to get back to this (sorry), but here's a quick overview of my $1K shows. First, a modesty disclaimer: I'm still figuring this business out and can only share what I'm doing...but I think caring about our hosts and just being ourselves is what's most effective.

Since 1 Nov 06:
15 of 57 cooking shows were over $1K*
2 of 18 catalog shows were over $1K (submitted as cooking shows due to last minute illness/family matters; they did the planning/prep so credited them for it)
*13 were less than $400 (truth in sharing:angel: )

Host Coaching
- I always do it in person...takes anywhere from 20-60 minutes depending on the social chit-chat (I like getting to know my host and forming a partnership)
- My general format:
> nicities, to include learning why she decided to host (because we all like to be treated like a person)
> review host benefits program (important she realize just how much she can receive)
> share "the five things I've found that consistently lead to a successful show" (I use this phrase several times during coaching...the 5 steps are in my host letter {attached})
> review guest special, outside order form, upcoming specials
> discuss the theme for her show (every show I do has a theme...it's just works for me...I think it also helps guests to arrive expecting a good time.)
- My host packets are a bright color so they stand out (I suggest they keep it out on their desks at work;)...if SAHM, carry it around with them when running errands...it has a big PC sticker on the cover;) )
- I strongly emphasize the website for outside orders...we're a military community overseas...but I think now-a-days everyone has out-of-town friends/family

At the Show:
- Tell guests I'm not here to sell to them; only they know what they want in their kitchen (though I'm happy to help them realize they want more than they thought they did:) )
- I try to mention at least three uses/benefits for every item I discuss and cross-sell like crazy :rolleyes:
- I rarely do games...I think they work great...but that approach isn't my personality, so it comes off fake when I try them

After the show I try to coach her to at one one or two more levels. My show sales always include quite a few outside orders.

In a nutshell, I just think it comes down to caring about your host, her guests, and yourself. When we enjoy our shows, they relax...and relaxed guests tend to give themselves permission to spend more.;)

anyway...hope this is somewhat helpful....like I said, I'm still learning....and I think they are some folks on here who probably have a much higher ratio of 1K shows
-leggy

Last edited:
oops, here's my host coaching letter (think it's already posted)

i got it from here and just modify it every month...haven't done october yet

Attachments

• Host Letter Sep 07(generic).doc
    130.5 KB · Views: 291
Leggy--thanks so much for sharing!!

QQ for Legacypc46: In the Host Letter, at the bottom is a bonus for getting 5 outside orders ($20 extra free product value). Is this something you personally give to the host, and then cover that on her order? That letter was great, as was all of your information. Would you mind giving us an idea on what you put in your host packet and how you make it so colorful? TIA :)

I've only had 3 over $1000 with one from last Friday - my experience with this latest one - she was so enthusiastic about getting free products - I left her house with around $859 in sales (she had 14 guests present and 2 outside orders) - I told her how we have a $1000 brunch in December for our hosts who achieve this and she was so motivated to get that - she contacted people who couldn't come and got an additional 6 orders - her show is now at $1049! She told me she would get it and she sure did! And this is from a host who was hesitant (and felt kind of shy) inviting her neighbors but I told her that was a great way to get to know your neighbors even more. Her show was very fun and I got a booking and recruit lead from it as well.

As far as my other 2 $1000 shows - one was a HWC fundraiser in May at my Curves and the other was a co-hosted show that had tons of outside orders and over 20 people at the show. I think when hosts are excited and understand that they need to invite a lot of people - they finally click and get it! I'm hoping to have many more $1000 shows from now on.

lacychef said:
I think I've had 7 $1000 shows this year.
My biggest thing in increasing show average & sales is sending my invites. Also get your host excited about all the FPV she's going to earn. Encourage her to follow up with those that didn't come & get outside orders. The big guest list is where it all starts!
I had 5 $1,000 in the past 1.5 years. I agree with Lacy- these are the things I attribute to the super sales!

pchefinski said:
QQ for Legacypc46: In the Host Letter, at the bottom is a bonus for getting 5 outside orders ($20 extra free product value). Is this something you personally give to the host, and then cover that on her order? That letter was great, as was all of your information. Would you mind giving us an idea on what you put in your host packet and how you make it so colorful? TIA :)

bonus for 5 outside orders before the show
- it's something I personally give...but it doesn't actually cost me $20. To the host, it's $20 more in free product value; to P3 it's $20 over free product value, so P3 applies the host discount. I then pay whatever the post-discount amount is. (Input as Consultant Gift)
- if a host collects five orders, then she's going to earn (or come close to) her 1/2 price item before her show even starts. The one's who do this, get even more excited and tend to keep going. Those that don't get the 5 orders, don't cost me anything.
- I previously offered a free seasoning, then a $12 item of choice, but had few takers. Offering anything though, is totally each consultant's decision.

host packet contents
- front side pocket = planning guide (which I really don't like) w/memory jogger flyer inside, a catalog with host name and code on it, SB, Come Join Us brochure. I also include a "Simple Tips for a Successful Show" post card from Nancy's. (It's no longer available, but use anything that the host can post on her fridge....to minimize the 'out of sight - out of mind' syndrome)
- in document protectors = host letter and back side of "Host a Cooking Show Flyer", current month specials and my outside order form, next month specials and "apron in five sizes" flyer. (I've already posted my specials flyers in the flyers thread)
- back pocket = 5 outside orders forms, 3-5 catalogs, a 6x9 envelope for collecting orders and payment
- I just use a bright colored folder (plastic), but coordinate the inside documents....all have a cranberry color right now becuase that is what PC's current Cooking Show Flyer uses.

The "packaging" helps, but I think it really comes down to the host (and you) being excited about the show (like Kelly, Lacy, and others say). If your host realizes that she's sharing an opportunity to buy versus asking her friends to buy, then she will generally have a large guest list and several outside orders.

(Also, I don't mail the invites...we (and our hosts) aren't allowed to here becuase of legal restrictions with the military postal system. I think I would do that if I could.)

-leggy

Thanks for explaining it! :)

I need clarificationI am a new consultant and wanted to know how they base the $1,000 show. Is it on Commision sales or overall show total. My first Cooking "Show Total" was $1,190.00, but the guest sales were only about $700.

Is that considered a $1,000 show?

Thanks
Kristi

mypampchef said:
I am a new consultant and wanted to know how they base the $1,000 show. Is it on Commision sales or overall show total. My first Cooking "Show Total" was $1,190.00, but the guest sales were only about $700.

Is that considered a $1,000 show?

Thanks
Kristi

It's based on guest sales and/or commissionable sales, since that's what counts for host bonuses. Sometimes that can be more than commissionable sales, depending on how many host specials are purchased. HTH

Legacy, do you have that same doc but for OCT?

I just posted it in the October Flyers thread.

<h2>If you have had 1,000 shows, how many</h2><p>The number of people who have had 1,000 shows varies, but it is a significant achievement in the Pampered Chef business. Many consultants have been able to reach this milestone through consistent hard work and dedication to the company and their customers.</p><h2>Anyone have more than 1,000 shows in a month?</h2><p>Hitting 1,000 shows in a month is a rare accomplishment, but it is not impossible. Some consultants have been able to achieve this by hosting multiple shows per day, having a strong customer base, and actively promoting their business through various channels.</p><h2>What led to your show being so successful?</h2><p>There are many factors that can contribute to the success of a $1,000 show. Some consultants have found success by offering special incentives or promotions to their customers, having a well-organized and engaging presentation, and providing exceptional customer service. Others have found success by consistently booking new shows and building a strong network of repeat customers.</p><h2>Any tips for staying motivated while working towards 1,000 shows?</h2><p>Staying motivated can be challenging, but it is essential to reaching your goal of 1,000 shows. Some consultants find motivation by setting smaller goals along the way, celebrating each milestone, and surrounding themselves with a supportive team. It can also be helpful to focus on the positive impact you are making on your customers' lives through the products and services you offer.</p><h2>How can I generate fresh ideas for my shows?</h2><p>Generating fresh ideas for your shows can be a fun and exciting process. Some consultants find inspiration by attending trainings and conferences, networking with other consultants, and regularly trying out new products and recipes. You can also gather feedback from your customers and tailor your shows to their interests and needs. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and get creative with your presentations!</p>

If you have had 1,000 shows, how many

The number of people who have had 1,000 shows varies, but it is a significant achievement in the Pampered Chef business. Many consultants have been able to reach this milestone through consistent hard work and dedication to the company and their customers.

Anyone have more than 1,000 shows in a month?

Hitting 1,000 shows in a month is a rare accomplishment, but it is not impossible. Some consultants have been able to achieve this by hosting multiple shows per day, having a strong customer base, and actively promoting their business through various channels.

What led to your show being so successful?

There are many factors that can contribute to the success of a $1,000 show. Some consultants have found success by offering special incentives or promotions to their customers, having a well-organized and engaging presentation, and providing exceptional customer service. Others have found success by consistently booking new shows and building a strong network of repeat customers.

Any tips for staying motivated while working towards 1,000 shows?

Staying motivated can be challenging, but it is essential to reaching your goal of 1,000 shows. Some consultants find motivation by setting smaller goals along the way, celebrating each milestone, and surrounding themselves with a supportive team. It can also be helpful to focus on the positive impact you are making on your customers' lives through the products and services you offer.

How can I generate fresh ideas for my shows?

Generating fresh ideas for your shows can be a fun and exciting process. Some consultants find inspiration by attending trainings and conferences, networking with other consultants, and regularly trying out new products and recipes. You can also gather feedback from your customers and tailor your shows to their interests and needs. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and get creative with your presentations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchef2006
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • laylaleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
laylaleigh
  • Intrepid_Chef