• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$1,000 Shows -Share Your Tips From Your Experience

In summary, the most successful hosts are those that are motivated and have a competitive spirit. They also have to be excited about their show, and be willing to work hard to make it a success.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
ok, I'm looking for fresh ideas..and motivation..

1. If you have had 1,000 shows, how many
2. anyone have more than 1 1,000 show in a 1 month period.

SHARE WHAT YOU DID THAT YOU THINK LED TO YOUR SHOW BEING SO SUCCESSFUL!

1. 4 @ $1k in almost 2 years.

2. Having Very Motivated Hosts is the Key. They have to want it and be excited about it and over invite! I host coach the same with all hosts. It's up to the host! Highest show was $1702 and she invited 50+ people and 22 attended. If you have a competitive host that helps too cause they want to beat your highest show total!

I've only had one $1k show. Host motivation was key for my show too. She had about 15 attending but got a ton of outside orders. I almost had her recruited too! Oh well. Maybe at her next show.:D

I've only had one and it was my mystery host catalog show. 10 people had to collect $100 or more in orders. 1 person won the free credit, 4 won a 1/2 off item and 1 won the host special.

I've gotton a few $800 shows, but just can't seem to get them motivated for that $1000! I'd appreciate any tips also!

I've only had one 2 shows reach $800.

Attendance and outside orders. Bottom line.

I had TWO $1000 shows on the same day!! A host sent out invitations with the wrong date (I already had a 2 PM on the following Sat.) I went ahead and said I would do her show at 7 PM because she had 18 confirmed guests. And yes she did!! I drove an hour between shows.(first show had 15 guests) But boy was it worth it! Attendance is the key and finding what goals (wish lists) your host has. Incentives for host to bring 5 outside orders before the show. Have the host talk up the recipe (especially our new theme shows!). Offer to call to guests. Introduce yourself to the guests on the phone and say you are looking forward to meeting with them at "susie's" show tomorrow night. Encourage guests to bring a friend or an outside order with them for a gift.

I think I've had 7 $1000 shows this year.
My biggest thing in increasing show average & sales is sending my invites. Also get your host excited about all the FPV she's going to earn. Encourage her to follow up with those that didn't come & get outside orders. The big guest list is where it all starts!

I have had 4 1K shows and they came in pairs. 3 have been catalog show fundraisers. My second show was my highest single show every 1625 I believe had another $1k book out of it. My last show of July 2007 was #1200 and then another $1000 for my first show of August because they were late submitting

Because all of these were fundraisers I have to say it is motivated hosts that are the key

I have had 8 1k shows in a year. Each host that has reached 1k had done the block sale. This is where you sell each block for $2. There are 49 squares and if they are all filled in I give the final $2. I do not do the drawing until after everyone at the party has placed their order. The winner can not replace their current order. The winnings have to be used for product only, no tax or s/h.

While the host is asking people if they want to buy a square they also show them the book. These host have gotten lots of outside orders. If they are asking co-workers about the squares they leave the catalog and order form with them for a while and come back later. Usually there are some products on the order form!

I really think it is the hosts! All of the 1K shows I have had were hosts that looked for me and asked me to do a show. Those are the people that really want to take advantage of all the great host perks!! I have had 4 of those in 2 years.

Ok, what type of dialog do you use for Host coaching them on thier wish list, and inviting alot of people? i have a show the 24th, and she sent me her GL yesterday, she had 21 people on it.. what do i say, and also what should I say to get her motivated?

I tell hosts that nobody is offended by receiving an invitation, but they might be offended if they aren't invited, and then hear that the host had a party. I also recommend that they invite people from many different groups, and I use a real-life example from one of my hosts. She invited primarily people from her church and there was a church-related emergency that day. NOBODY from the church came. By inviting people from different aspects of life, you can eliminate the risk of that happening. I use the attached sheet as a memory jogger for the host.

Attachments

• Not sure who to invite.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 470
That is awesome Ann thanks!! Man you guys are so awesome!! You all have great ideas!! Thank you everyone!!

I've only had 6 $1,000+ shows in my nearly 5 years. The ones that were that high all had motivated hosts. And, correspondingly, each of those host was seriously anal-retentive and read everything (shock!) and invited everyone (shock!) and followed-up with everyone (shock!). Most also developed a wish list and that helped them set their target. I never use to focus on them setting a wish list until I noticed that the hosts who had one always were my high shows. Now I do request they set their wish list as a part of my host coaching (should have done all along but you know how it is...).

I agree that motivated hosts who CALL people to remind them ups their attendance and then me motivating them to call those who couldn't attend and get those outside orders makes all the differenece. I just had my 4th kilo show ... i started just over a year ago ... when I left her home, her show was at $550. It closed at 1044. She wanted it bad and got it!

Smiles - WOW! What did you do to have a $1700 show? I am like many others. I have several get close but never quite reach it.

Nikijo - What is the block sale?? Sounds neat

Thanks Ann. I am going to use your form from now on.

Ann R.

Great IdeasI am loving this site. I am a new consultant and have my first cooking show on Saturday and I am a little nervous. All of you have some really great ideas.

Thanks for sharing:)

1K ShowsI have had about 6 in the last year and a half. Again, motivated hosts were the answer. They are really excited about all the products and really want to earn alot of them.

Pampered Chef

Well, i started July 23rd, and my show on Sept 1 was a $1712 show...The host, my mom, worked hard. I feel that I did a good job of host coaching, keeping her motivated and excited...

She had $500 in outside orders..and $150 in online sales before the show, and had only 13 people in attendance..thus, a $1712 show.

She had invited tons and a lot couldn't come, which is where the outside sales came from..

I tell all my hosts to be sure to reply to anyone who says they can't come, to say 'You can still place an order, and for them to show them a catalog.

Needless to say, my mom was BESIDE herself with the $400 in FREE PRODUCT and 4 half priced items....

Motivated hosts, that invite a lot is key i believe..AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ONLINE ORDERS IS HUGE TOO I think

Here's the blocksale that I use. When a hostess uses this it also gets them talking to others and getting outside orders.

Attachments

• blocksale.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 386
I've only had one show that was close to $1000 and it came mostly from outside orders the host had gotten from her work at a school. The show only had 4 guests.

One Blocksale I saw was one that was just empty blocks that they paid 2$ for and there were 25 blocks, and one person won 50 $ in free product. That is a really cool idea, I would be scared to ask people to do that? But i dont know. How much success do you have with doing that sale?

Hmm, on the block sale, do you make it a requirement to be present at the show in order to win? Is that why there is an * by the $100? Hmm, may have to follow up with a few of my hosts on this.

I'm a little hesitant to post since I'm honestly just too tired to share my thoughts on the "why's" right now (it's past midnight here), but I've had 17 of these (not counting fundraisers) in the last 11 months.

Because it's so late, I'll try to get back on tomorrow night to share some thoughts. One thing for sure: this site is an amazing resource...both for ideas and motivation...not to mention friendship and support. I http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0031.gifChefSuccess

-leggy

legacypc46 said:
but I've had 17 of these (not counting fundraisers) in the last 11 months.

Because it's so late, I'll try to get back on tomorrow night to share some thoughts. One thing for sure: this site is an amazing resource...both for ideas and motivation...not to mention friendship and support. I http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0031.gifChefSuccess

-leggy

SEVENTEEN $1000+ shows? Did I read that right? If so, please do share some tips. :D

I've had about 24 $1000 shows in the last 4 years (I guess that makes it 6 per year?). In my first year, I didn't have that many, but by year 2, they were happening more regularly, and I think it's b/c I got better at host coaching. I made sure I explained that outside orders and attendance were KEY and told them all about the 5/15/5 rule - every one of my hosts who has had a $1000 show has had at least 5 orders before the show, 15 buying guests at the show, and 5 orders after the show. At least.

Many of them are motivated, but most are just aware that they need to invite as many people as possible. These hosts are the ones who send out every single invitation and ask for more. I actually had 5 $1000 shows in a row in May of 2006, and it was because every single host actually listened to me when I told them to INVITE EVERYONE.

As you have seen already with this thread, this is definitely the key. I like the line that "no one will be insulted that they are invited, but they'll be offended if they're NOT invited", and I use that a lot.

Hope this is what you were looking for! GL!

holy cow cathy!!! i so want your luck with shows!! i really suck at host coaching! i definately need more practice!

I like that! that sounds good! you all have really great ideas!!! I like the 5/15/5!! Thanks for posting!!!

abrahamlaur said:
holy cow cathy!!! i so want your luck with shows!! i really suck at host coaching! i definately need more practice!

Sounds like it's not luck, she worked hard to get those!:D

Thanks, Sarah (and everyone!). Yes, I think the extra effort definitely paid off. I also have used this "Blueprint for a $1000 Show" in my host packets, and I find when I go through it and really explain it to hosts, they do really well (if not $1000, at least $700 - 800). When I book shows at a show, I always explain this 5/15/5 rule in person, and then talk about it again. They all strive to get at least 15 people at their parties, and think that's the "rule"! :)

(PS - I tried to post the original "powerpoint" slide that had grids in the background like a real blueprint, but it wouldn't let me, so I switched it to a "word" document so I could attach it here).

Attachments

• Blueprint for $1000 show.doc
    20 KB · Views: 499
nikkijo said:
I have had 8 1k shows in a year. Each host that has reached 1k had done the block sale. This is where you sell each block for $2. There are 49 squares and if they are all filled in I give the final $2. I do not do the drawing until after everyone at the party has placed their order. The winner can not replace their current order. The winnings have to be used for product only, no tax or s/h.

While the host is asking people if they want to buy a square they also show them the book. These host have gotten lots of outside orders. If they are asking co-workers about the squares they leave the catalog and order form with them for a while and come back later. Usually there are some products on the order form!

Hi Nikki,
Can you give me more info on this? I would love to try it:) !

Thanks a bunch.

cathyskitchen said:
I've had about 24 $1000 shows in the last 4 years (I guess that makes it 6 per year?). In my first year, I didn't have that many, but by year 2, they were happening more regularly, and I think it's b/c I got better at host coaching. I made sure I explained that outside orders and attendance were KEY and told them all about the 5/15/5 rule - every one of my hosts who has had a $1000 show has had at least 5 orders before the show, 15 buying guests at the show, and 5 orders after the show. At least.

Many of them are motivated, but most are just aware that they need to invite as many people as possible. These hosts are the ones who send out every single invitation and ask for more. I actually had 5 $1000 shows in a row in May of 2006, and it was because every single host actually listened to me when I told them to INVITE EVERYONE.

As you have seen already with this thread, this is definitely the key. I like the line that "no one will be insulted that they are invited, but they'll be offended if they're NOT invited", and I use that a lot.

Hope this is what you were looking for! GL!

I use that line all the time, and I tell my hosts this story:

my first summer as a consultant, I had a show where the host had invited a ton of people....she was going to have a GREAT show. When I got to her house though, she was very upset. It seems that although she had invited alot of people, she had one friend she hadn't invited, because she was wealthy, and in the hosts words "Why would she need Pampered Chef? I figured she wouldn't even be interested." Of course, this friend found out from another friend about the show - and was very hurt that she hadn't been invited - so the host had just called her and apologized, and extended a last minute invite to her. She ended up coming, made a $350 purchase, and booked her own show! (and is now one of my best and favorite customers!) The host had a $1200 party - all because of this one guest who ALMOST wasn't invited!
So don't ever assume that someone won't be interested - Remember - No one is ever offended by being invited to the party, but they can be offended and hurt if they aren't invited!

Germell, I have the blocksale sheet posted earlier in the thread. What other questions do you have?

To win the money they do not have to be present. If every box is not filled up they do not win $100. Lets say 30 box's were filled up, then the winner would win $60 in product of their choice. If every box is not filled up and an empty box is picked, I just have the hostess pick another box until we get a winner.

I had a show in March where ONE LADY spent $500....her total was $510 after tax shipping...!!! Her items didn't even fit on the write in receipt! And she got Exec. 8" saute, 12", Stir-Fry, and lid among other things. This was all HER personal order, not adding other's together!
Needless to say, this host had a $1000+ show! I'm sure the host was glad she came!

I had a $1000 show in Feb, March, and April($1,100+) of this year.
I really don't do anything different for these shows as any other. I really think the wishlist helps, so they can SEE how much they want.

For the last couple years I've given an incentive to my highest $1000+ show of the year. Last year I gave the Prof. Stir-Fry skillet...this year the Professional Family Skillet. I tell all my host about it, and it seems to get them motivated to be the winner, and they are like "OH MAN!" when someone beats them.

And I try to brainstorm with them about more people to invite.

I love the blueprint Cathy!! Thank you for posting that! Can any of you creative people make it with a blue print behind it? That would look so cool!! That is so helpful, because my thing is i dont know how to SAY what I am thinking.. But I think i just need to be upfront and say " To have a successful show you need to do this..." (5/15/5) I tried explaing it to my host last night, and I feel like im being demanding.

Here's one version I made. I can make another with a blueprint behind, but it would take up a lot of colored ink when printed, so I thought this may work better. Let me know if you want the other one too. I can't save it as a pdf file on my computer, so if someone wants to do that and then put it into word, they can. I left a space at the bottom so the consultant info can be stamped on if desired. (or print off one copy, print off your information typed out, and then tape it on in the blank spot and run off a copy to transfer your info into place).

Attachments

• blueprint for a $1000 show.pub
    194.5 KB · Views: 336
feather18 said:
I love the blueprint Cathy!! Thank you for posting that! Can any of you creative people make it with a blue print behind it? That would look so cool!! That is so helpful, because my thing is i dont know how to SAY what I am thinking.. But I think i just need to be upfront and say " To have a successful show you need to do this..." (5/15/5) I tried explaing it to my host last night, and I feel like im being demanding.

No problem! You could also just buy graph paper - I'm sure the office stores carry it - and just print the flyer on the graph paper - same thing! :)

Oh, and if you have PowerPoint, you can just use one of the Microsoft template backgrounds they give you that looks like a grid - that's what this was in PowerPoint form (I can email it to you if you want, too, just let me know!)

GOOD IDEA!! haha! and thank you so much for posting that!! Yall are all so creative!! Thank you so much!!:love:

pchefinski said:
SEVENTEEN $1000+ shows? Did I read that right? If so, please do share some tips. :D

I do plan to share (combination of host-coaching, cross selling, luck, etc)....am burning the candle at all ends this week...besides the Morning Update for Paige I haven't been signing on here until late at night...and now I'm too tired to think (it's almost midnight here). Will try for tomorrow AM. -leggy

OMG ! Your in Germany!! wow! I just realized!

I love CS and this thread! I haven't had a $1000 show all year, and had 3 in my first 9 months last year... 2 of those included very large orders (one for $200 and one for just over $400) and the third was a fundraiser.

After reading these and comparing to my host coaching I realize I need to put more emphasis on telling people to bring friends and I need to put more emphasis on carrying around invitations with you for those you "didn't have their address, but really wanted to invite." How many people do we sort-of know but if they invited us to a party we would actually go? Especially if it was something we were interested in! One of my $1000 shows the host's DH pushed her to get over $1000... he said in our neighborhood, we should have double the national average, if it takes you going door to door, you can do it and get that free stuff! It was so funny to see him so interested! (granted this was also my cousin, so I got to see more "behind-the-scenes" than I normally would have...)

GourmetGirl said:
I love Chef Success and this thread! I haven't had a $1000 show all year, and had 3 in my first 9 months last year... 2 of those included very large orders (one for $200 and one for just over $400) and the third was a fundraiser.

After reading these and comparing to my host coaching I realize I need to put more emphasis on telling people to bring friends and I need to put more emphasis on carrying around invitations with you for those you "didn't have their address, but really wanted to invite." How many people do we sort-of know but if they invited us to a party we would actually go? Especially if it was something we were interested in! One of my $1000 shows the host's DH pushed her to get over $1000... he said in our neighborhood, we should have double the national average, if it takes you going door to door, you can do it and get that free stuff! It was so funny to see him so interested! (granted this was also my cousin, so I got to see more "behind-the-scenes" than I normally would have...)

Great idea! I will FOR SURE start coaching my hosts with this idea!

i've only had 4 cooking shows and they have all been over $1000. (mine was $2800) and i definitely think getting the host motivated about the free stuff and sending out e-vites, reminders, sorry you can't attend e-mails is also important. i do all that myself so i make sure i know everyone had a chance to place an order.

ginamkiely said:
i've only had 4 cooking shows and they have all been over $1000. (mine was $2800) and i definitely think getting the host motivated about the free stuff and sending out e-vites, reminders, sorry you can't attend e-mails is also important. i do all that myself so i make sure i know everyone had a chance to place an order.

I have found that for me, the evites just don't work that well. Most of them never get opened........I think that most either go into a junk mail folder, or never even make it past the ISP.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have found that for me, the evites just don't work that well. Most of them never get opened........I think that most either go into a junk mail folder, or never even make it past the ISP.

really? wow, i never thought of that. so far it's been working pretty well for me, there always are a couple that don't seem to get opened but the hosts usually call their friends too.

GourmetGirl said:
After reading these and comparing to my host coaching I realize I need to put more emphasis on telling people to bring friends and I need to put more emphasis on carrying around invitations with you for those you "didn't have their address, but really wanted to invite." How many people do we sort-of know but if they invited us to a party we would actually go? Especially if it was something we were interested in!

Allison - I have gotten my show averages up by remembering to say this to all of my hosts - it definitely helps!! I tell them to make 3 contacts with everyone:

1 - personally invite everyone with a phone call or in person
2 - send the postcard or the email invitation as a 1st reminder
3 - call or email (whatever works best for that person) each person, whether they're coming or not, during the week of the party.

This has helped tremendously. The hosts that do these 3 contacts with their guests have the best attendance! :)

ginamkiely said:
really? wow, i never thought of that. so far it's been working pretty well for me, there always are a couple that don't seem to get opened but the hosts usually call their friends too.

I agree, Gina - email invitations work really well for me, too, if the host is really good about sending them all out at least 3 weeks in advance, and especially now with the automatic "reminder" email feature.

I always tell my hosts to think about how they talk to their friends/family most - is it on the phone/in person, or is it via email? The ones they always talk to via email they should send an email invitation (and make a phone call). The ones who never check their email should get a postcard invitation. Most of my hosts know exactly who should get an email and who should get a postcard, and I always stress that EVERYONE should get a phone call from them regardless. :)

You guys may have seen this as I can't remember where it came from...I changed the info a little, but I've been sending this to my hosts.
I also offer a "stone of your choice" for beating my highest show ($1440)...I've had a few hosts really challenge themselves to this one...a couple of hosts beat it, and another came close - about $100 shy. I gave the host that just missed the goal 75% off a stone for trying so hard. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Recipe for A $1000 Show.doc
    56 KB · Views: 464
<h2>If you have had 1,000 shows, how many</h2><p>The number of people who have had 1,000 shows varies, but it is a significant achievement in the Pampered Chef business. Many consultants have been able to reach this milestone through consistent hard work and dedication to the company and their customers.</p><h2>Anyone have more than 1,000 shows in a month?</h2><p>Hitting 1,000 shows in a month is a rare accomplishment, but it is not impossible. Some consultants have been able to achieve this by hosting multiple shows per day, having a strong customer base, and actively promoting their business through various channels.</p><h2>What led to your show being so successful?</h2><p>There are many factors that can contribute to the success of a $1,000 show. Some consultants have found success by offering special incentives or promotions to their customers, having a well-organized and engaging presentation, and providing exceptional customer service. Others have found success by consistently booking new shows and building a strong network of repeat customers.</p><h2>Any tips for staying motivated while working towards 1,000 shows?</h2><p>Staying motivated can be challenging, but it is essential to reaching your goal of 1,000 shows. Some consultants find motivation by setting smaller goals along the way, celebrating each milestone, and surrounding themselves with a supportive team. It can also be helpful to focus on the positive impact you are making on your customers' lives through the products and services you offer.</p><h2>How can I generate fresh ideas for my shows?</h2><p>Generating fresh ideas for your shows can be a fun and exciting process. Some consultants find inspiration by attending trainings and conferences, networking with other consultants, and regularly trying out new products and recipes. You can also gather feedback from your customers and tailor your shows to their interests and needs. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and get creative with your presentations!</p>

If you have had 1,000 shows, how many

The number of people who have had 1,000 shows varies, but it is a significant achievement in the Pampered Chef business. Many consultants have been able to reach this milestone through consistent hard work and dedication to the company and their customers.

Anyone have more than 1,000 shows in a month?

Hitting 1,000 shows in a month is a rare accomplishment, but it is not impossible. Some consultants have been able to achieve this by hosting multiple shows per day, having a strong customer base, and actively promoting their business through various channels.

What led to your show being so successful?

There are many factors that can contribute to the success of a $1,000 show. Some consultants have found success by offering special incentives or promotions to their customers, having a well-organized and engaging presentation, and providing exceptional customer service. Others have found success by consistently booking new shows and building a strong network of repeat customers.

Any tips for staying motivated while working towards 1,000 shows?

Staying motivated can be challenging, but it is essential to reaching your goal of 1,000 shows. Some consultants find motivation by setting smaller goals along the way, celebrating each milestone, and surrounding themselves with a supportive team. It can also be helpful to focus on the positive impact you are making on your customers' lives through the products and services you offer.

How can I generate fresh ideas for my shows?

Generating fresh ideas for your shows can be a fun and exciting process. Some consultants find inspiration by attending trainings and conferences, networking with other consultants, and regularly trying out new products and recipes. You can also gather feedback from your customers and tailor your shows to their interests and needs. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and get creative with your presentations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchef2006
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • laylaleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
laylaleigh
  • Intrepid_Chef