• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your August Shows: Host Tip for More Free Products!

not break into two shows, but to hold a full fledged show and then have a party afterwards. But I can see where people might see it as wrong because technically, you're splitting the income. But from the host's perspective, it's a way to make two shows and make more money.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Did you know that if you have a show in August that's $1,500 or more, it's to your host's benefit to break it into 2 shows?

Normal $1500 show: $340
Aug. $1500 show: $440 free ($315 plus $25 for every $100 over)
Aug. $1,000 plus $500 show: $455 free ($315 plus $90 plus $50 more free)

Plus they get 2 more half price items, and can book the 2nd show off themselves, thus allowing them to get a second host special.

Just thought I'd share.

Good thinking & I bet your hosts love you!

And I'll love THEM if they get 'em both in by the 15th, thus letting me get a free TTA bag. Sheesh, I wish this was SAT month!

Possible....but ethical?

Just posting for those who may not realize that this isn't really the way that PC is set up. One of the reasons they changed the 4 Show policy (it used to be 4 shows OR $1250 in sales to qualify) was because people were splitting shows.

There is always a way to work the system....but that doesn't necessarily make it right.

ChefBeckyD said:
Possible....but ethical?

Just posting for those who may not realize that this isn't really the way that PC is set up. One of the reasons they changed the 4 Show policy (it used to be 4 shows OR $1250 in sales to qualify) was because people were splitting shows.

There is always a way to work the system....but that doesn't necessarily make it right.

Thanks for sayingwhat I was thinking. :thumbup:

BethCooks4U said:

Agreed.

We have to remember, while PC offers us the best Host Benefits package out there and pay for it, they still pay for it. They may not pay in dollars, but it's that much less they're making in gross profit over the cost to manufacture the items. From there, HO still has to pay to ship the show (they cover the difference between what customers pay and the actual shipping if necessary), pay for the consultant's commission, pay for overrides through up to four generations, and of course all the general overhead costs of running the business.

It is a great deal for a hostess, but it might not be the right thing to do, and definitely wouldn't be something I'd advertise freely to hosts.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Did you know that if you have a show in August that's $1,500 or more, it's to your host's benefit to break it into 2 shows?

Normal $1500 show: $340
Aug. $1500 show: $440 free ($315 plus $25 for every $100 over)
Aug. $1,000 plus $500 show: $455 free ($315 plus $90 plus $50 more free)

Plus they get 2 more half price items, and can book the 2nd show off themselves, thus allowing them to get a second host special.

Just thought I'd share.

I'm not sure Home Office would appreciate our doing this...isn't it our responsibility as Independent Consultants of The Pampered Chef to uphold the ethical standards of our company and look out for the company's best interest? After all, they are the hand that feeds us, no? Don't bite them.

I know I am going to have an issue here as I have a host who did a full fledged cooking show on July 30th, which we closed on July 31st but she is doing another full fledged cooking show on August 8th. She works for a hospital and a bunch of people who work under her could make a Friday but not a weekend party. So she decided to invite the people who could make a Friday for the 30th and then another one for those that could make a weekend show. And yes, I did book the 8th off the 30th. It will look funny but it is legit because she really is holding two parties. She could not do one on the 6th so... And one of her guests on the 30th is moving on August 11th to Florida so we needed to submit that party right away.

John - I don't see where you would have an issue. You are working on both nights so therefore those are two legit shows. Just happens it's the same host. Good for her to know that many people to hold two parties within a week of each other.

I agree John, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. You're demoing at two shows, she has two sets of guests, she's doing it on two different dates. I always re-book my hosts from their show for a future date, and when the legitimately have a second show, they get the Booking Benefit as well. Mine just don't fall within a week of each other. :D

Hooo boy. Gettin' off to an interesting start here.

Call me naive, but I honestly never saw anything wrong with this. I have never been in this situation before because normally, it's best to leave it one show.

Mostly because this is a situation with a host, a co-host and a LOOOOOOTTT of outside orders.

My personal feeling, which I learned from my first ever direct sales director, is that if you go out of your way for people, they remember you. And it may not be an issue anyway. They may very well fall short of their goal ... Right now they're still $235 away.

Intrepid_Chef said:
if you go out of your way for people, they remember you.

I totally agree. And if it's a great host, there isn't officially anything stopping you from splitting the show into two, and rewarding the host if you choose to do so. It won't affect your commissionable sales either (they'd actually probably be less because your host is getting more half-priced items), so HO won't have anything to say regarding trip points either.

Some of us just have seen people take advantage of the kindness HO extends toward us, which has resulted in changes that aren't always the most positive. Shipping is one example. Customers can order as little or as much as they want and only pay $4.25 (well, $4.50 now) for shipping when it comes to the Host's home. The idea of course is that when each customer pays the shipping charge, the cost evens out between the bigger and smaller orders, and HO doesn't have to foot the extra expense. But if it doesn't, they do. So when customers start combining orders to save on shipping, we're putting HO in the potential position of having to pay for the difference in expense. If they have to do it too often, they'll have to raise shipping costs.

Also the lifetime guarantee products. HO has seen enough abuse of their generosity with the guarantee, that they now have policies in place to try to curb these abuses.

Of course, this doesn't mean that you can't let a customer combine an order when two friends each want just a single hot pad or something, or that we can't split a humongous show once in a while. We just don't want a new consultant to read your idea, think that it's perfectly acceptable to do it every time because they don't know the big picture. One of those "I didn't think of it that way, but now that you explain it, it makes sense" things.

One more thing: I tend to agree with the "let's not do this bunch".

However, I have closed a show on the night it was done, rebooked the host, and let the host continue to collect orders to make it another show booked off her first show.

IF you are going to do this, please do not count the second one as a cooking show if the host did not buy groceries and have you demo a second time.

do it as a catalog show.

I'm just saying it never occured to me that this would at all be an issue or a problem.

The point may very well be moot. We don't know where this show will close out.

Keep in mind what blueberrylady said - she will be eligible for 2 (or would it be 3?) host items :]

ChefBeckyD said:
Possible....but ethical?

BethCooks4U said:

NooraK said:
Agreed.

We have to remember, while PC offers us the best Host Benefits package out there and pay for it, they still pay for it. They may not pay in dollars, but it's that much less they're making in gross profit over the cost to manufacture the items. From there, HO still has to pay to ship the show (they cover the difference between what customers pay and the actual shipping if necessary), pay for the consultant's commission, pay for overrides through up to four generations, and of course all the general overhead costs of running the business.

It is a great deal for a hostess, but it might not be the right thing to do, and definitely wouldn't be something I'd advertise freely to hosts.

dannyzmom said:
I'm not sure Home Office would appreciate our doing this...isn't it our responsibility as Independent Consultants of The Pampered Chef to uphold the ethical standards of our company and look out for the company's best interest? After all, they are the hand that feeds us, no? Don't bite them.

Nodding my head in agreement. :blushing:

pampered1224 said:
I know I am going to have an issue here as I have a host who did a full fledged cooking show on July 30th, which we closed on July 31st but she is doing another full fledged cooking show on August 8th. She works for a hospital and a bunch of people who work under her could make a Friday but not a weekend party. So she decided to invite the people who could make a Friday for the 30th and then another one for those that could make a weekend show. And yes, I did book the 8th off the 30th. It will look funny but it is legit because she really is holding two parties. She could not do one on the 6th so... And one of her guests on the 30th is moving on August 11th to Florida so we needed to submit that party right away.

Nope, that's totally Legit!! I had a show that had to turn into a catalog show during the winter months because so many of her outside orders wanted the stones on sale, but we couldn't do the cooking show because of snow. So, I closed those as a catalog show, and turned around within two weeks and we had our cooking snow. Incidentally, the catalog show was a little over $300 and the cooking show was the $1336 one!! So talk about a happy host!!

blueberrylady said:
One more thing: I tend to agree with the "let's not do this bunch".

However, I have closed a show on the night it was done, rebooked the host, and let the host continue to collect orders to make it another show booked off her first show.

IF you are going to do this, please do not count the second one as a cooking show if the host did not buy groceries and have you demo a second time.

do it as a catalog show.

I think this is legitimate because it allows those that are at the show to get their items more quickly.

I THINK the co-host and host are hoping it will get there so she doesn't have to go out to her aunt's house (a 30 minute drive) and retrieve all her products. If all, or most, of them can be shipped to her house, that woudl make things easier.

But I have not gotten any orders since I came out here on vacation so I'm not sure where things will end up.

IF they are 'co-hosting' yet want to separate their orders into 2 shows, why did they not just each have their own show?

What are the benefits of hosting a big August show?

Hosting a big August show with Pampered Chef comes with several benefits. First, you will have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. You will also have access to exclusive host specials that are only available in August. Additionally, as a host, you can earn credit towards future purchases, receive a special thank you gift, and have the chance to try new products before they are released to the public.

How can I increase attendance for my August show?

To increase attendance for your August show, be sure to promote it through various channels such as social media, email, and word of mouth. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or have a referral program in place. Consider hosting a virtual show to make it easy for guests to attend from the comfort of their own home. Lastly, make sure to follow up with potential guests to remind them of the show date and time.

Can I earn additional rewards for booking future shows at my August show?

Yes, you can earn additional rewards for booking future shows at your August show. Pampered Chef offers a generous host booking program where you can earn free and discounted products for every show that is booked from your show. This is a great way to continue earning rewards and growing your Pampered Chef collection.

How can I make my August show stand out?

To make your August show stand out, consider offering a theme or incorporating seasonal flavors into your recipes. You can also set up a fun and interactive activity for guests to participate in, such as a cooking demonstration or product demonstration. Don't forget to decorate your space with Pampered Chef products and make it a welcoming and comfortable environment for your guests.

What are some tips for hitting my sales goals for my August show?

To hit your sales goals for your August show, start by setting a realistic goal for yourself. Then, be sure to promote your show and follow up with potential guests. Offer incentives for guests to make purchases, such as free shipping or a discount on their order. Showcase new products and highlight any limited-time offers or specials. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask for outside orders or to reach out to previous customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies
Views
chefann
  • cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies