• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hung Myself W/Mystery Host Show!!

um, well, not to make too much trouble. If somebody does complain, you'll just have to wing it from then on.People are gonna be excited over ANYTHING! - so IF (and the chances are slim) that someone questions what the original total were compared to what they NEW totals are - then just tell them you made a mistake! MOST people will be reasonable and will understand. Others/MOST will just be pumped that they EXTRA rewards!
cactus_flower
I can't believe what I just did!! I just looked at my Mystery Host flyer that I sent out and I made a HUGE MISTAKE with the math!! I put:
One Person will win $150 in free products
One Person will win $75 in free products
Three Persons will win $30 in free products
One Person will win the Nov Host Sp (2 pcs of stoneware at 60% off)
Four People will win 50% off any one product of their choice

Plus I gave each participant their choice of a free Festive Holiday Desserts or a Beaded Spreader and 30% off anything else they order!!

WHERE ON EARTH DID I COME UP WITH THESE NUMBERS????

With a $1,000 catalog show, I'll get $200 in free product and I'm giving out $315--that's $115 out of my pocket in addition to the cost of the free spreaders and holiday cookbooks.

I am ready to quit!! I don't mind playing Santa Claus once in while, but this is ridiculous! Please pray for me--I am really discouraged!!

First Take a Deep Breathe!!!

Of the people who are taking advantage of this, do you have a list yet?? If so, I would contact each of them indidually and say I made a mistake and prizes are actually...........and tell them or list them.

Remind them you are with the Pampered Chef, not the perfect Chef and I'm sure most will understand.

I would try that, if you get complaints :rolleyes: then you'll have to wing it from that point.

Hugs and prayers coming your way for guidance on how to handle this.

Lisa

Don't quit! We've all done something equally, um, well, not particularly brilliant.Quickly redo your flyer with the proper prizes. Send it out at a correction. Do you have anyone who has taken you up on your offer yet? If so, explain that you made an error. Most people are very understanding. I promise you that one day you will look back on this and laugh. It may be years and years in the future, but the day will come. ;)

I agree with Lisa. I think they should understand that you made a honest mistake. If some one was to give you any problem, offer them a extra (little) something. If they cause too much trouble then ask your self should I deal with this person or cut my losses. I would cut my losses and let them go. You don't need all the trouble. Good luck.

Well, if you want a good laugh, I read your thread as "hung host" and clicked really fast on it. :)

Ya, I think you should just make a revision and resend it. And just make sure you double and triple check stuff in the future :)

I think you got the numbers from the january sales bonus for host, I believe that $1000 + shows get $315 dont they? Maybe you'll get lucky and have more then $1000 in orders and for each additional 100 the host gets an additional 25 right? maybe you can get some side orders to help fill in the extra! just a though!

I don't think a flyer is legally binding. You'll be fine! Just fix the issue or tell them...oops THESE are the benefits for my January one.

if she does an oops these are for the january one though, she posses the risk of them wanting to drop out now and wait til january.

I have gone too far to change the flyer. Right now the orders are being mailed to me (some of the hosts are out of town) and everyone is s-o-o excited (who wouldn't be) that I just can't drop a bomb!I did talk to one host tonight and she collected almost $400 in orders. I am hoping I have a few more like her. I know it will all work out; it always does. The funny thing is that I did check and double check the math. That's what scared me! I need another Pampered Cheffer to proofread I guess.Perhaps I got too excited and jumped into the Mystery Host Show without doing enough research. THIS IS ONE EXPENSIVE LESSON!! I sure hope I never have to repeat it!!!

Dianne - TAKE A DEEP BREATH! :)

People are gonna be excited over ANYTHING! - so IF (and the chances are slim) that someone questions what the original total were - compared to what they NEW totals are - then just tell them you made a mistake! MOST people will be reasonable and will understand. Others/MOST will just be pumped that they EXTRA rewards!

I think it will be better than what you are imagining right now! - I really do.

If it was me, I WOULDN'T send out any revised newsletter. If it really bothers you - you can send out an email OR phone those people who have responded.

Try not to be too upset - it was an honest mistake.

:)

leftymac said:
Well, if you want a good laugh, I read your thread as "hung host" and clicked really fast on it. :)
Oh my word - I just about spit out my drink when I read your post just now!!!!!! :D

I know you said that you felt it was too late to make a change but what about saying it was supposed to be one person wins $30...tell them you were thinking of the $30 and typed 3...that would at least cut your losses by $60...I'm new to this but just a thought...personally I wouldn't get upset with you if I was one of the participants. To me that is a very common/honest mistake. Hope it works out for you.

I've never done one of these so I am not really sure how it works. Obviously you are ordering everyone's winnings in your name as the hostess. If that is right then don't forget that you are going to get that 30% discount too, so that makes things not quite as bad as you were originally thinking, right? That will actually take that $115 that you went over down to $80.50 and then when you get paid on top of that - let's just say 25% - then that takes it down to only $60 and some change. I know that is still a costly mistake but not nearly the $115 you were originally counting on.

I think you need to send corrected flyers to different people to increase the sales and offer the original FREE product to those original ones if they are the winners. Please understand the following sentence I type is this is not an attack on you..... so everyone who disagrees don't start a "rant" :)
Yes, you can admit it was a mistake BUT, it wasn't one "typo" it was a whole flyer that was sent with several inaccurate amounts. I think if you want a business relationship with these people later you will need to leave the offer as stands.
As a customer I could understand if it were one value incorrect, the whole flyer I'd think the consultant was flaky and look elsewhere. (Again just my opinion)

You're right, Teresa. There are a lot of people who would react that way.

How is anyone going to know who won what? Do they all know each other?? When you call to tell someone that they won the $75 in free product are they going to say, "Great!, but who won the $150? I want a list of winners?" I say just give out as much as is earned.

Teresa Lynn said:
I think you need to send corrected flyers to different people to increase the sales and offer the original FREE product to those original ones if they are the winners.

Please understand the following sentence I type is this is not an attack on you..... so everyone who disagrees don't start a "rant" :)
Yes, you can admit it was a mistake BUT, it wasn't one "typo" it was a whole flyer that was sent with several inaccurate amounts. I think if you want a business relationship with these people later you will need to leave the offer as stands.
As a customer I could understand if it were one value incorrect, the whole flyer I'd think the consultant was flaky and look elsewhere. (Again just my opinion)

I agree with Teresa. It's too bad it happened, but hopefully the hosts will be working their tails off to reap the rewards and you'll gain good business and leads from it. Remember you earn a commission on the things you'll have to pay for to fulfill those promises. And it's SAT, so as long as the purchases go in as commissionable sales, you'll increase your SAT totals.

Just collect more orders (2000 in sales instead of 1000) and submit 2 shows and you are covered. You just made yourself a challenge to work harder on it!

fikibiff said:
How is anyone going to know who won what? Do they all know each other?? When you call to tell someone that they won the $75 in free product are they going to say, "Great!, but who won the $150? I want a list of winners?" I say just give out as much as is earned.

I was wondering the same thing. I honestly don't know what I would do in this situation...but how would they know if you awarded 2 hosts the $75? (And not give anyone the $150 since if you had done the math correctly you would not have had a $150 winner anyway.) That would get you closer to the real Free Value. It's not like you are holding anything back for yourself.

I am seriously thinking of offering $30 free product to only one person instead of three. I can justify this, because I only had 8 takers as hosts, not ten. Should anyone have a problem with this, I will just explain that the original rewards were based on my having ten hosts in the contest. Thanks for all your input!!

kam said:
I was wondering the same thing. I honestly don't know what I would do in this situation...but how would they know if you awarded 2 hosts the $75? (And not give anyone the $150 since if you had done the math correctly you would not have had a $150 winner anyway.) That would get you closer to the real Free Value. It's not like you are holding anything back for yourself.

She could always get one of those people who insists on the list of winners so she can be sure she wasn't cheated! Then it would be a mess! Hopefully this is a big lesson learned! :eek: Some people are just strange...

I have seen a Disclaimer at the bottom of the email/poster stating that 'prices may change if there are not 10 people interested'.......

that covers your butt.

I have been doing this for years and have never had anyone ask to see my list of winners

Well, my Mystery Host Show has come and gone and it was not as bad as I had expected. Even though only four of my eight hosts came through, I still ended up with a $928 show--talk about a miracle!!I gave the grand prize (150 free products), followed by the 75 free product, then one piece of stoneware at 60% off, and one half price item. I had a couple of the selected free products already in my stock, so I used them to cut my losses. And I was able to get myself another DCB, as well as using the half price items towards the prizes. I still took a monetary loss (haven't computed actual amount yet), but it could have been much worse. Thanks for all your encouraging words following my MAJOR BOO-BOO!!

I'm glad this worked out for you. Seriously, my hosts didn't even really get it. they would never have thought to ask for a list of winners or "pay out". I didn't cheat any of them, but I could have done whatever I wanted. They were all surprised with what they earned. I think all they heard was, "bring me $100 in product orders, get $20 free." When I told a few of them that they earned 60% off a stone or half price items they were surprised or didn't really want it. I got the $1000 in sales and they all earned at least $20 free. Some earned more because I didn't have 10 hosts.

kam said:

Just what I was thinking.....

So glad that it worked out for you in the end!

I wonder if some of the people I sent the Mystery Host Show flyer to even bothered to read it. I think if they had, they would have all contacted me on the day they received it!! My mistake, but OH, WHAT A DEAL FOR THEM!!

I called people after sending the e-mail and more people signed up.

1. What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a sales event where one or more participants are randomly selected to receive extra rewards or discounts on their purchases.

2. How do I participate in a Mystery Host Show?

To participate in a Mystery Host Show, you usually need to make a purchase from the host or a participating consultant. Some shows may also require you to submit your contact information for a chance to be selected as the Mystery Host.

3. What are the prizes typically offered in a Mystery Host Show?

The prizes offered in a Mystery Host Show can vary, but they often include free products, discounts, or special deals on future purchases.

4. How are the winners of a Mystery Host Show selected?

The winners of a Mystery Host Show are usually chosen randomly. This can be done through a computer program or by drawing names from a hat.

5. How does the host of a Mystery Host Show benefit?

The host of a Mystery Host Show typically receives rewards or discounts based on the total sales from the event. This can help them earn free products or discounts on their own purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies