• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Show Payments: Host's $98 CC Charge

In summary, the host's card was charged $98 for an order that was $78. The host asked the summarizer why her card was charged more than what was written on the receipt. The summarizer explained that the host's card was charged because they pre-paid the host and the host's order was also covered by the sister's order.
chefkathy
Okay, so closing the show.....host says put $100 on my mom's card--she was using the half price items to get a new skillet. So I do that and tell the host her total. I write down her CC# but not the total I told her. We also apply mom's card to sister's order. Sister's order is $78.

Next day go to balance the show and enter host's payment to submit it. Host owes $98 (after the $100 was applied to mom's).

Host emails me today and asks why her card is charged $98 when I told her $78. I double check everything and this host owes $98. There is no doubt about that. I emailed her a copy of her receipt to check over and remind her that her sister's order was $78, maybe that's what she is thinking of?

I have yet to hear back from her, but I feel badly. I have preggo brain BAD--I am very disorganized and flighty lately. I don't want to eat this $20. I should have entered her payment and balanced the show while she was on the phone so it would have been clear.

ACK!!!!

okay, I figured it out!Stupid me.....called an outside order person for her payment and she was eligible for a free cookbook, but had ordered a cookbook on her order so we just turned it into a free one. Doing so dropped her show total below $600, so then the free product changed. The show ended up being $597.50!!!!! Only $2.50 below the $600 level we had before! so if I had caught it, I would have just ordered something as a gift to the host but NO............preggo brain here didn't figure it out and sent the show in. So I'm eating the $20--wahhh!!!! I'm going to send my host a check today.

Just sometimes this kind of thing happens to all of us. It's called being human. Write it off, move past it. That's what I do when I blow it.
Things can always be worse.:)

So true...right now I am rested and not overloaded with things to do and going in 50 different directions. Check back about 3 weeks from now and my head will be so far up my :eek:....in a warm dark place!!!

yeah, it's not a big deal--could have been worse. Thankfully my host is a former consultant from my team and very understanding. :) She's the one who caught the error--I couldn't figure it out until I sent her a copy of the receipt and she told me the FPV was wrong. d'oh!

LOL Deb! One of my FB friends posted this as her status today - considering your dilemma, I thought you would get a laugh from it: Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

pamperedlinda said:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I guess that doesn't faze me anymore because that seems to happen to me daily! :p

pamperedlinda said:
LOL Deb! One of my FB friends posted this as her status today - considering your dilemma, I thought you would get a laugh from it: Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

LOLOLOL!!! You should have heard me stammering on the phone with my host! :)

The other thing to be thankful for is that she did call you about it instead of the
senario that if it was someone who didn't know you and she may have chosen to just be mad and badmouth you without the chance to make things right. I'm glad you figured it out, sorry you had to pay it but thankful that it wasn't a huge amount. That baby brain thing will get you but in just a few days, saying hello to that little face will all be worth it! Actually, worth WAY more than $20!!!

1. How does the $98 CC charge work for hosts?

The $98 CC charge is a payment that is required from the host when hosting a Pampered Chef show. This payment goes towards the cost of the products that were purchased by the guests at the show.

2. Can the $98 CC charge be waived?

No, the $98 CC charge cannot be waived. It is a standard charge that is required from all hosts to cover the cost of the products purchased by their guests at the show.

3. When is the $98 CC charge due?

The $98 CC charge is due on the day of the show. The host can pay this charge with a credit or debit card at the show or can choose to have it deducted from their commission check.

4. What happens if the host does not pay the $98 CC charge?

If the host does not pay the $98 CC charge, it will be deducted from their commission check. If there are not enough commission earnings to cover the charge, the host will be responsible for paying the remaining balance.

5. Can the $98 CC charge be split between multiple hosts?

No, the $98 CC charge cannot be split between multiple hosts. It is a fixed charge that is required from the host who is hosting the show. However, the host can choose to share the cost with co-hosts by splitting the commission earnings from the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DZmom
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
chefkathy