• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Screws up and Now Customer Is Pissed at Me

In summary, a customer was initially charged for the wrong product and a balance of $10 was due. The host instructed the customer to put the balance on her card via email. The adjustment was completed and the correct amount was debited from the customer's card. However, the customer was also charged an additional $50, causing her to be upset and blame the consultant for not calling her. The consultant had responded to the issue via email initially and had difficulty reaching the customer by phone. The consultant is frustrated with the situation and the long wait times for customer service. Other consultants also share similar experiences with customer service.
chefkathy
I had to do an adjustment for a customer--I ordered the Exec Saute when it should have been a SS. There was a balance due of ~$10 which host said via email to put on her card.

I completed the adjustment last night and emailed the host the info (since this had all started via email).

Turns out PC debited her card for $50!!!! She emailed me today that she is pissed (of course) and is also bent out of shape that I didn't call her. She thinks *I* am the one who screwed up the charge. She also started all this via email so that's how i responded, but now it is somehow my fault that I didn't call her? (she has been difficult to get ahold of via the phone).

AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

now wait times are 3 hours long, too!

DebbieJ said:
I had to do an adjustment for a customer--I ordered the Exec Saute when it should have been a SS. There was a balance due of ~$10 which host said via email to put on her card.

I completed the adjustment last night and emailed the host the info (since this had all started via email).

Turns out PC debited her card for $50!!!! She emailed me today that she is pissed (of course) and is also bent out of shape that I didn't call her. She thinks *I* am the one who screwed up the charge. She also started all this via email so that's how i responded, but now it is somehow my fault that I didn't call her? (she has been difficult to get ahold of via the phone).

AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

now wait times are 3 hours long, too!
I would stay on hold and make them send the correct one for the cost of the one you ordered.

WHEN will they finally get their act together at HO??? How patient do we have to be for pete's sake?

They may have credited the original first then recharged for the replacement. You might want to ask your customer if she can see a credit on her acct.

Oh geez! Sorry Deb, tell her that you're pregnant and to back off!!! :cool:

pamperedlinda said:
They may have credited the original first then recharged for the replacement. You might want to ask your customer if she can see a credit on her acct.

Nope, the amount is for more than the original order.

{{HUGS DEB!!!}}} I hope you get it worked out!

Sorry Deb.:( That sucks. I hate when that kind of stuff happens!

Deb, That happened to me last week. A host was charged the full amount on her debit card twice, and she had covered several orders. She was freaking out and it took me two days to get it straightened out. I was stressed. Sorry this is happening to you now, its not fun.

cincychef said:
Deb, That happened to me last week. A host was charged the full amount on her debit card twice, and she had covered several orders. She was freaking out and it took me two days to get it straightened out. I was stressed. Sorry this is happening to you now, its not fun.

Did you just deal with the Solution Center? I was told they would check into it and get back to me. I'm wondering if I should just wait for their call or make a call to Financial Services directly.

Oh Deb, I am so sorry this is going on. I agree with Beth, how long does this have to go on? When there are companies falling around us, we need to shine and this is just going on far too long.

It takes months just for HO to acknowledge that there is a problem. There seems to be no movement either. At this point, they have no where to go but up in their service. Hopefully, it will occur before too many customers are affected.

I hope things improve fast. I know I have had plenty of upset customers lately.
I had several adjustments I was working with a rep on the phone with last Tuesday. She needed me to get this ladies card # to refund and said rather then me call back and wait she would call me the next day. NOPE it has now been a week and no call back. I haven't had hours to wait, so today is the first that I called to try to get this resloved now. I'm now on a 3 hour wait for a call back.
Lately nothing seems simple and it takes forever to get a response. In the end it is us that will lose customers over something out of our control.

So agree with you!

Yesterday I waited on hold instead of putting in for the call back and got someone on the phone after about 20 mins.

DebbieJ said:
Did you just deal with the Solution Center? I was told they would check into it and get back to me. I'm wondering if I should just wait for their call or make a call to Financial Services directly.

I did call Financial Services directly, my host was worried because her account was on the verge of going in the negative. It took me a day to talk to someone but they did take care of it once they figured out the problem. It turns out the show had been placed back on hold because it had been OVER paid, but I wasn't notified and they had not figured it out either. It was quite a mess.

I finally got through to HO, they called me back. Only a 2 hour 45 min wait today.
I'm going to have to give the customer her refund out of pocket. The adjustment was put in on 2/20. It took me until 3/10 to get them to fix the issue. Now I was told the refund was processed on 3/17 and will mail 3/20. They only mail on Friday's. So she said she should get it around 3/27. That is a LONG time for a refund of money due to a customer. Luckily they are mailing the refund to me and made it out to me. So I can just give it to her.
I told the lady on the phone that these things are burning us on our end. She said well I'm very sorry about that.

If you haven't already noticed, we are now a corporation.

When I called to do some adjustments yesterday I asked the CS rep if she was on the new system yet. She said yes but they were also on the old system as well. They are going back and forth between the two systems to handle these adjustments. How does that make any sense?

Also it seems like they don't have a very good search feature. It took her forever to figure out when I got my DCB (hubby dropped it on the concrete) I would think she would just search DCB and all the ones I have bought or earned would show up. She had to put me on hold to figure out what season it came out so she could find it. She seemed as frustrated as I was with the whole deal.

Yes I agree. Every time I have been on the phone for an adjustment it takes them forever to search. I can't get by with less than a 30 min call with them lately. So you have to have the 3 hour wait time and the 30 min call in your day to talk to them. :eek:)

It's weird because Friday afternoon I called to do an adjustment and was dreading it. The woman was very helpful and was new!! AND she picked up right away! I told her how surprised I was. She said that the new people are ONLY doing adjustments and that's why the call got answered so quickly. She must have been one of the sharper tacks in the bunch because she had no issues finding stuff and knew what she was doing. I was lucky I guess!

cheftiffany said:
Also it seems like they don't have a very good search feature. It took her forever to figure out when I got my DCB (hubby dropped it on the concrete) I would think she would just search DCB and all the ones I have bought or earned would show up. She had to put me on hold to figure out what season it came out so she could find it. She seemed as frustrated as I was with the whole deal.
I have now started saving all the packing lists when I earn products, putting them in a separate folder. They have a "show number" on them just like everything else and it is MUCH MUCH easier to complete adjustments on your personal items that way. you can also do them online when you have that number.

Related to Ho Screws up and Now Customer Is Pissed at Me

1. Can I return the product if it was damaged during shipping?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy that allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days of purchase. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with your damaged product.

2. How can I get a refund for my purchase?

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by a damaged or unsatisfactory product. Please reach out to our customer service team and they will assist you with obtaining a refund for your purchase.

3. What if I accidentally ordered the wrong product?

No worries, mistakes happen! Our customer service team can assist you with exchanging the incorrect product for the correct one. You may also return the product for a refund and then place a new order for the correct item.

4. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on our products. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or repair.

5. How can I contact customer service for further assistance?

You can reach our customer service team by phone, email, or through our website's live chat feature. We are available Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm EST and are happy to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies