• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Processing Returns/Exchanges... Vent

In summary, a rep at HO told a consultant that they are no longer allowed to put multiple returns in the same box. If there are more than one item in a box, the one with the most items will be pulled out and processed. This is new policy and consultants were not notified of this when they were notified of the change.
finley1991
Maybe I must have missed something when it comes to processing returns and exchanges. If I do this for customers, I normally, which honestly I have been doing for the last 8 years, put more than one return in a box. I did this for my last two in the last 2 month... each box had 2 items in them.

Well, in wondering why 2 of the 4 didn't ship, I was just told by Rose at HO that if there is more than one item in a box, they will pull out one and process it. We are not allowed to have more than one exchange/return in the box so if there is anything else, we are screwed. It's the luck of the draw which one they pull out. She said this is the policy now and we are supposed to be told of this when we call in to make the adjustment. When I mentioned that I had done 3/4 online, she said that I should have called.

She also told me that I would have had to include my receipts with them, which I did. I was so careful! Each item was in the box inside a big clear plastic bag with a printout of the receipt and adjustment e-mail... except the one I did over the phone because we don't get an adjustment e-mail on those.

I am so upset right now because of course, they pull out the two cheaper items and replaced those. The two more expensive ones (a DCB and Bamboo Platter) they will not replace and now I have to order them for my customers out of my own pocket.

:(

That does not sound right. I'd call back and make a case about it.

are you kidding???? I just sent a Carafe and a FS Quick Stir back together in one box!I have sent multiple items in boxes several times and never had a problem. If the policy on this was changing, an email should have gone out to all consultants.I'll have to keep an eye on these two. *sigh*

I've never felt comfortable putting multiple returns in the same container so I've always done separately, yeesh, glad I have. Good luck getting it taken care of.

DebbieJ said:
If the policy on this was changing, an email should have gone out to all consultants.
That's what I said!!!She said I could only make a case if I proved shipping with my po receipts. One I mailed the day after I moved (and have no idea where it is... I think in a landfill somewhere). Also, I mailed it at the customer service desk at Meijer and she told me it should be a po receipt. The other I sent back last week from the po but I can't seem to locate that one either.I'm feeling a little better now... at least I don't feel so mad. Just irritated. I think the 45 minutes of practicing baseball with my 6yo nephew helped me burn off some steam!!!!

I ALWAYS return items together! Always! The last box had over 10 items in it and they all shipped fine. This was a little over a month ago.

i;m sorry Colleen!

Like I said, I never had that problem in the past... just these last two. :mad:Maybe it's only items sent back to HO from Michigan! ;)

I would definately call back and talk to a supervisor. I've never heard of this. Plus it's pretty stupid for someone at HO to throw away products when more then 1 is in each pkg. I would complain BIG TIME!!!

Happy Chef said:
I would definately call back and talk to a supervisor.
I did talk to one on the original call... she was the one who told me I have to produce the mailing receipts. I'm not sure I have any recourse now...

There's always recourse.

Honestly, it really is a silly policy for reps to knowingly disregard a return that has all the right paperwork simply because it was shipped in a box with other returns. Where is the common sense in that?

If HO isn't going to honor your returns, then they should have to call the customers and explain why.

P.S. {{Hugs}}

Honestly I am speechless. The thing I hate most about my business is returns! I have a box sitting here with 3-4 things in it and I now have customers calling me wondering where their stuff is after they made a huge stink about mailing it back themselves. There is no way I will keep doing returns for the customer. If HO is really going to make us return everything by itself, I will have to tell my customers that HO new policy is they have to do the return themselves! I just can not make this any more work than it already is. Colleen I am soo sorry this happened to you. I would throw a huge fit. Or I might just process a new return. I have a DCB to return. Do you want me to break it in half and mail half back for you too?

Also has anyone else had trouble with their adjustment tracker? Mine was blank for over a month.

Yes, not all of my adjustments seem to show up. It's weird.

I haven't returned multiple things in one box in a while. How weird that they threw the other stuff away. Something is wrong over there!! I'd call and maybe talk to a supervisor again to clarify this. It would be interesting to see what THEY say! Craziness.

This just happened to me recently as well. I would call back and talk to someone else. I happened to get someone really nice on the phone, told her when it had been shipped back and she released the replacement that they didn't ship Didn't say a word about a policy change on returning two items in same box. Sometimes I think it's just who you talk to and what kind of mood they're in.

Hope you can work it out - you should NOT have to order replacements out of your pocket!!!

Lisa

cincychef said:
Honestly I am speechless. The thing I hate most about my business is returns! I have a box sitting here with 3-4 things in it and I now have customers calling me wondering where their stuff is after they made a huge stink about mailing it back themselves. There is no way I will keep doing returns for the customer. If HO is really going to make us return everything by itself, I will have to tell my customers that HO new policy is they have to do the return themselves! I just can not make this any more work than it already is. Colleen I am soo sorry this happened to you. I would throw a huge fit. Or I might just process a new return. I have a DCB to return. Do you want me to break it in half and mail half back for you too?

I could have seriously written this myself. I hate mailing stuff especially returms!

cincychef said:
Also has anyone else had trouble with their adjustment tracker? Mine was blank for over a month.

Mine hasn't been updated in awhile and I've done some adjustments.

Called again. Need to produce the receipt to *prove* that I mailed the platter back. I don't have it... I looked everywhere where I think it could be.

They couldn't give me info on the DCB return either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. That one was mailed back in the last two weeks... I'm sure it got there because they got the other item in the box. Nothing is showing up anywhere. :(

And she said they *recommend* we don't send multiple items back in one box for this very reason... she wouldn't say it was *policy* when I questioned her about it. She just kept saying "we recommend and we everyone who calls in with an adjustment that." Guess I've become the example.

At the risk of sounding snarky, HO should re-address the meaning of customer service with their returns department. Someone is either being lazy or not paying attention when they open the boxes. I mean, they have to intentionally be disregarding the extra item. Why can't we simply write all the relevant product adjustment numbers on the outside of the box to alert them?

I also don't understand why they want you to prove shipping with a receipt, when they have proof already: you obviously mailed the box, because they already processed one of the items that was in it. Why isn't 'proof of receipt' just as good as 'proof of mailing'? It isn't like the postage amount is really going to reflect what was in the box!

WOW! I always send multiply adjustments. I was going to suggest you call again.

I always call back if I don't like my answer and also get someone better. I think there are many newbies in customer service.

wow this is not right!

legacypc46 said:
At the risk of sounding snarky, HO should re-address the meaning of customer service with their returns department. Someone is either being lazy or not paying attention when they open the boxes. I mean, they have to intentionally be disregarding the extra item. Why can't we simply write all the relevant product adjustment numbers on the outside of the box to alert them?

I also don't understand why they want you to prove shipping with a receipt, when they have proof already: you obviously mailed the box, because they already processed one of the items that was in it. Why isn't 'proof of receipt' just as good as 'proof of mailing'? It isn't like the postage amount is really going to reflect what was in the box!

It doesn't sound snarky and you're so right!!! I tried to explain that they did receive the box because the other item was in there. They said the ONLY way I could PROVE the other item was in there was by the weight of the box. But that wouldn't really prove anything... I sent back a piece of a broken medium round stone with handle and a bamboo platter. How would the weight prove anything?

And I wrote in BIG RED LETTERS both adjustment numbers on the front of the box and highlighted it in yellow (always do that). It would have been hard to miss.

I'm trying to look at it that when I order the replacement items, I'll be making commission on them and helping a host. It just sucks though.

pclinskie said:
I always call back if I don't like my answer and also get someone better. I think there are many newbies in customer service.
I did this morning and spoke with a supervisor. :( Got the same answer... produce the mailing receipt...I appreciate all of the encouraging words from everyone! {{HUGS}}

Colleen I'm pretty sure I have both items (I know I have the baker and I have a large Bamboo Platter) if you want them. I know shipping them to you could be an issue, but I got them both as half price items and would sell them to you for that. Just let me know! This is just ridiculous...

iteachurkid said:
Colleen I'm pretty sure I have both items (I know I have the baker and I have a large Bamboo Platter) if you want them. I know shipping them to you could be an issue, but I got them both as half price items and would sell them to you for that. Just let me know! This is just ridiculous...

Thanks for the offer!! I have a show going in that I plan to put them on. It will help out my host too so I'm okay with it. And I learned from this whole thing!!!

Thanks again for your offer! :)

I find it amazing - the changes at home office. I have always bragged up customer service and how much they care about us but now it's all too bad so sad. I am so disappointed in the attitude and compassion change there.

This is ridiculous and I'm sorry they are making you pay out of your pocket because they decided without stressing it to us first to get strict on a rule. I think it was a year ago I was told I could only put one in a box but then I pointed out that since I'm a consultant I sometimes have several. SHE told me to put each one in a zip lock with ref. no. inside and clearly mark the outside with all ref. nos. and now even though you DID that they just THROW AWAY the box after taking one item out - geezzzeee!

I am also upset about the kit enhancement rule change. They pointed out to us that to use the April KE we had to be active the previous 3 months (JFM or FMA) but I don't recall them saying the same rules for new consultants. I have a consultant who got the mini-kit because she had no money and was planning to use her PC$$ to get a chopper and a few other things at 40% off. Well, her 2 June hosts rescheduled and other things resulted in no sales in June (her month 2) so even though she had May and July sales and hit $1250 in 30 days and will have August sales she can not use the KE. She is just the person who should be allowed to use it. I'm sure that PC pays less than the 60% that she would have paid for the items. If she or I would have realized this maybe she could have worked a little harder but with ALL the other changes...

I am sorry but these things and other changes (some of which we have hashed out in other threads) that are saving the company money just smack of corporate bonuses to me.

...okay, vent done. Attitude adjustment happening NOW (please :pray: ) - gotta get ready for tonight's team meeting. ...must be in a very positive, inspiring mood...

I'm honestly okay with any change (within reason!) IF they tell us about it... not tell us about it after the fact. That's how I feel some of the changes have been *announced*... after the fact.

finley1991 said:
I'm honestly okay with any change (within reason!) IF they tell us about it... not tell us about it after the fact. That's how I feel some of the changes have been *announced*... after the fact.

I totally agree! Make sure we know ahead of time! We can all adjust and even grow with the changes but TELL US first - and not by just putting a line somewhere in the policy book.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining because right now I'm not, but WTH? My two *missing* adjustments that they said they would NOT honor are suddenly showing up on the Adjustment Status part of Shipping Status. One shipped yesterday and the other is showing as *received*.

Glad I didn't order them yet!!!!!

But seriously, WTH??????? :bugeye:

finley1991 said:
I don't want to sound like I am complaining because right now I'm not, but WTH? My two *missing* adjustments that they said they would NOT honor are suddenly showing up on the Adjustment Status part of Shipping Status. One shipped yesterday and the other is showing as *received*.

Glad I didn't order them yet!!!!!

But seriously, WTH??????? :bugeye:

They must have found the boxes they "tossed". Glad to hear it's getting resolved.

I was just going to say that you need to keep rechecking before ordering. I have a customer who sent two returns back herself in the same box (even though she was given instructions to the contrary) without the reference numbers on the outside and she didn't save her receipt. After calling to check on this several times over the last month, each of which I was told the items hadn't been received yet, I called again this morning, and the rep seemed to indicate they had them, but they hadn't yet been shipped, so he released them, and they are shipping today.

Is it just me or is everyone else's adjustments/shipment page totally wrong. Mine it seems hasn't updated in MONTHS and I can no longer keep track of and/or follow up on adjustments. ARGH

dannyzmom said:
Is it just me or is everyone else's adjustments/shipment page totally wrong. Mine it seems hasn't updated in MONTHS and I can no longer keep track of and/or follow up on adjustments. ARGH

I have had the same problem for at least a month or more. The shipping dates have been showing up from 2007 and 2008.

cincychef said:
The shipping dates have been showing up from 2007 and 2008.

Until last night, all of my shipping dates showed 2007. Today it is right. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!!!!

dannyzmom said:

Totally wrong. I have to call to check up on things. ANNOYING!

I haven't had anything on my adjustment screen for months - well once in a while one will show up randomly for a couple of hours or a day. Wierd. When I've called about it tech support tells me every time that there's nothing wrong with the screen even though I give him adj #'s that should be on there. He says he can see them but won't hear that I can not. ARRRUUUGGG!
:rolleyes:

We had an announcement similar to this in Canada, but they said this was only true if we sent back multiple items using a label from HO (used for returns within 30 days). Of course, our receiving is here in Canada, so that might just be the case here...but maybe it's worth calling back (again) and confirming this.?

1. Can I put multiple returns or exchanges in one box?

According to Pampered Chef's current policy, only one return or exchange is allowed in each box. If there are multiple items, they will pull out one and process it. It is recommended to call in to make adjustments instead of doing them online.

2. Will I be notified if my return or exchange is processed?

If you make an adjustment over the phone, you will not receive a notification email. However, if you make an adjustment online, you should receive a confirmation email.

3. Do I need to include receipts with my returns or exchanges?

Yes, it is important to include your receipts when making returns or exchanges. This helps to ensure that the correct items are processed and that you receive proper credit.

4. What should I do if I have already made multiple returns or exchanges in one box?

If you have already sent in multiple returns or exchanges in one box, you may want to contact Pampered Chef's customer service to see if any adjustments can be made. However, according to their policy, only one adjustment will be processed per box.

5. What happens if the items I want to return or exchange are not available?

If the items you are trying to return or exchange are not available, you may need to order them for your customers out of your own pocket. It is important to check the availability of items before making a return or exchange to avoid any inconvenience or additional costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PamperedK