• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Efficient Returns Process for Canadian Customers: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the person wrote that when they started their business, they were taught to do what they are doing now: send in one box per month with all the returns at once and include a sheet of paper with all the adjustment numbers. Every time, there are items that their customers don't get replacements for and when they call HO, they tell them that the item was never received. After some back and forth, they usually send out the new item. However, if someone has a return, they let them handle it with HO.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Now in Canada it may be a bit different but I figured I'd post here and see if you guys have experience with this.

I do returns for my customers. I always send back one box per month with all my returns at once. If a customer wants their item sooner, they have to send it themselves.

Anyway - I always include a sheet of paper with all the adjustment numbers, and I write the adj# on the outside of the box as well.

It seems that every single time, there are items that my customers don't get replacements for and when I call HO they tell me the never received them. after some back and forth along with scanning a receipt from the post office (not sure how that helps them identify whether or not the item was in there, but whatever) they usually will send out the new item.

Any ideas? Does this happen to you?

I used to do that... and now I RARELY do returns for my customers. When I started PC, I was taught to do what you are doing... send in one box each month. Then last year, I sent 2 items in a box and they only processed one. I called and called and was basically told ONE return per box. They pulled out my one item and processed it and never looked to see if anything else was in the box even though I had CLEARLY labeled the 2 ref #s on the outside and inside. They told me that there is often confusion over this and it needs to be one return per box sent and it's not their job to *sift* through the box to see how many items are in there.Now if anyone has a return, I let them handle it with HO.So I guess in answer to your question... yes.. it happened to me...

I rarely do returns for customers (every once and a while) but I do facilitate everything for them.

Recently my old director/former consultant did a return that I facilitated for her. She sent in two separate adjustments with separate reference #s in the same box. (Each was clearly labeled).

But only one was ever processed. She had to call and then they processed the 2nd one. I think I've heard from the solution center that they should be sent in separately. Although this is kind of silly in my opinion. As long as everything is clearly labeled with reference #s and maybe even rubberbanded together or something, I don't see why whoever opens that box can't figure out which adjustment number goes to which return.

I have heard of these problems, but continued to send in returns, though it is rare, I try not to have to send anything back more than 3-4 times a year. I do put more than one in a box. I haven't had trouble yet, but I do pay the extra $.80 for delivery confirmation on returns so that I can prove HO received it.

I have stopped doing returns. It was taking too much time up and people wanted their returns faster (even though I was footing the shipping bill!!) But when I did to this, I would ALWAYS pay for insurance and delivery confirmation. I knew had any problems when I did this. The insurance was incase a box was lost, I could at least purchase the products for the customers that were returning.

I return items for my hosts only AND send multiple items in one box, using a sharpee to mark on the outside of the box the reference numbers.

Last November, i got bit. I returned a bunch of stuff, including a 5 inch boning knife. I rarely checked on my returns, since i had them shipped direct to my customers and my customer asked me 4 months later what happened to her knife.

I called home office and they said i should only send one item per box. They also said i'd need to give them the tracking information when i returned it and I could talk to a supervisor to get an override to get credit. I always send things Fed Ex, but sent back 2 or 3 diffferent boxes that month - so i wasn't sure which box it was. Expensive mistake on my part, so I ended up buying my host another 5" boning knife.

Now, I still send out multiple items in one box (because I do pay for postage and I'm cheap); BUT I follow up with the hosts to make sure they receive the item (as well as look online). I continue to ship FED EX and NOW put the differerent reference numbers on the FedEx reference number spot.

We have never received any communication from home office that we can't send back more than one item. In fact, they've given us specific instructions on HOW to send back more than one item at a time (label the box, put a packing slip in it, etc...) and I follow those exactly. Oy I'm really not sure what to do. I did email home office to see if they can give me an idea...

Malinda and Krista, thank you for sharing this with us. Makes me even more determined not to offer this service.

baychef said:
Malinda and Krista, thank you for sharing this with us. Makes me even more determined not to offer this service.

I seem to be stuck...Canada Post is SO expensive to send anything back, that 99% of my customers complain about the cost of the return and since I started offering to do the returns, I feel like I have to continue. Hoping I hear back from Home office about how to fix this.

I tell my customers that I'm not authorized to take returns because I don't carry inventory to swap it out for them and home office does. That seemed to do the trick for me. Hope that helps! :)

PamperedK said:
I seem to be stuck...Canada Post is SO expensive to send anything back, that 99% of my customers complain about the cost of the return and since I started offering to do the returns, I feel like I have to continue. Hoping I hear back from Home office about how to fix this.

Krista, I know how you feel because I felt the same way. I thought it would build customer loyalty somewhat, but some felt I should pick the item up from their house...when I was not even the consultant that sold it to them. And since I have so much else going on, I was not able to get it out in a timely enough fashion for them (even though I was footing the bill) so there were some that were upset. For my time the customer service I want to provide is not this one.

Everyone's situation is different and you may feel this works out for you. Just giving you my prospective. And in the past they did have on the receipts that consultants can not take broken items back, but took this off. I wish it were back on. I agree with Colleen's idea as well.

1. What does "Returns Not Received" mean?

"Returns Not Received" is a status that indicates that we have not yet received the item you have returned to us.

2. How long does it take for returns to be received?

The time it takes for returns to be received varies depending on the shipping method used and the location of our warehouse. It can take anywhere from 3-10 business days for us to receive your return.

3. What should I do if the status still says "Returns Not Received" after 10 business days?

If the status has not changed after 10 business days, please contact our customer service team for further assistance. They will be able to track your return and provide an update on its status.

4. Will I be notified when my return is received?

Yes, once we have received and processed your return, you will receive an email notification confirming the status of your return.

5. What happens if my return is not received?

If your return is not received within a reasonable amount of time, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will work with you to ensure that your return is properly processed and that you receive a refund or exchange for your item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • finley1991