• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Write In vs Itemized: Choosing the Best Option for Your Needs

I use outside order forms at the show and then send the PP receipts to the host before the show is delivered. It costs me a couple of stamps to mail them, but I do that to remind myself to send the thank you....PLUS the real reason I use the OOF is so that the guest see the special that month everytime they look at it so they remember to keep adding to their order to hit $60 (if it's a spend $60 get.. free month). And Big plus for me. The PP receipts are cheaper on supply ( a lot cheaper) than the itemized and the write in.
jodistrauss
Which is better??

I prefer the Write-in...I cannot find anything on the itemized ones. However, I must say that I'm not too keen on the new write-ins that came in our changeover kit.

I like the write-in but just be careful if you really don't know the product price(sometimes the guest write in the wrong amount) you will be stuck paying the extra amount. I have to agree with you Linda I really do not like the new write-in. I think that I am going to order the Itemized.

Even though I don't love the new write-ins, I'll still use them. I only used the itemized when I was a SS and everyone complained about them.

I tried using the itemized ones that came in my kit - Yeah. that didn't work. I ended up giving people OOF's at that show, they hated the itemized so much. Some middle-aged women there told me they couldn't read them...something to think about...

I really like the write in forms I did hae one lady tell me she did not like the write in but she really liked the itemized one

I prefer the write in ones too. The itemized ones' seem too confusing.

Write-in for me!

I had many guests complain about the itemized receipts too...I ended up filling it out for them! So I go with the write-ins as well....

I like the write ins because people will write down the products they want to order, even if they don't buy them and then I have a list of what they want.

Before I used the other ones - when I was a SS - but people got confused and I couldn't fine everything either.

So now I have a list of what people want and then I call them when it goes on sale.

~

I used the itemized for the first time last week. I like them for the reason that guests are more likely to put stars beside their wish list items. I don't like them because it's harder for guests to find things and it's hard for me to add to if I need to add the guest special etc...Plus, EVERY guest told me how much they hated those ones...luckily I only have write-ins for S/S.

Write In For SureCant stand the others, neither could my guest. Way too over whelming!

I use the write in forms. When the season changes tear off the itemized section and finish using them.

Write ins! The print on the Itemized is too small.

Has anyone been able to order the 40 free receipts yet? I have updated the program around 5 times & the number still says it's not available. HELP!!

I use outside order forms at the show and then send the PP receipts to the host before the show is delivered. It costs me a couple of stamps to mail them, but I do that to remind myself to send the thank you....PLUS the real reason I use the OOF is so that the guest see the special that month everytime they look at it so they remember to keep adding to their order to hit $60 (if it's a spend $60 get.. free month). And Big plus for me. The PP receipts are cheaper on supply ( a lot cheaper) than the itemized and the write in.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Has anyone been able to order the 40 free receipts yet? I have updated the program around 5 times & the number still says it's not available. HELP!!

There are other threads about it....you have to manually enter it in to your product list in PP! Sorry I don't know the step by step..

sillylittlechef said:

This is a great idea...so do you take the OOF with you at the end of the night? I might try this, but I could let them keep the OOF since I bring my laptop to the show.

I take my laptop, but I keep the OOF because I'm always afraid my laptop will crash, and I will lose the orders. I"m a little paranoid about that sort of stuff. I've never had anyone even ask to keep it. I do tell them that they will get an official receipt with their order and I guess that keeps them happy.

sillylittlechef said:
I take my laptop, but I keep the OOF because I'm always afraid my laptop will crash, and I will lose the orders. I"m a little paranoid about that sort of stuff. I've never had anyone even ask to keep it. I do tell them that they will get an official receipt with their order and I guess that keeps them happy.

Great to know...thanks!

I like the wrtie in ones.... it makes it so much easier for my customers... I tell them I want them to write down the quantiy of the item and the number and what it is... but please do not write down the price... becasue I have all the prices ready when I enter their order into my computer at the end of the show. :) works like a charm.. and I get them to spend more :)

yep, I was able to place them on my supply order last night but that was after I installed the new P3.

I recently posted a thread on this same subject and one of the responses were that the write ins don't "expire", they can be used from season to season. One thing to keep in mind, however, the one I got at least still say "Fall/Winter 2006" on them. I'm sure they can still be used but I would also suspect people will have questions of whether it is the right order form.

I am loving the outside order form idea though!

I keep using mine even though they say F/W on them. I just tear off the very back that lists the products. Nobody really pays attention to what is written on it.

Hey, Jason, another good reason to use the write-ins!

IMO---write ins
jodistrauss said:
Which is better??

I have a few reasons for this. 1. its very hard to locate things on the itemized sheets. 2. they work great for outside orders or phone in orders to name a couple.

I love using the OOF, but I've seen previous threads where some states require you give the customer the official language on the back. I've never had anyone come back stating they don't want an order. If I did, I'd probably just keep the items and use them as host gifts. Anyway, you can always print the official language on a separate piece of paper and hand it out so they have the legal language.

I love the write ins and so do my hosts and guests.

SillyChef said:
I love the write ins and so do my hosts and guests.

Usually, unless dealing with newbies, the guest knows what she/he wants long before coming to the show. It's much easier to write it down on the write ins than to search it out on the itemized.

It automaticly prints the leagl stuff
JackieBozeman said:
I love using the OOF, but I've seen previous threads where some states require you give the customer the official language on the back. I've never had anyone come back stating they don't want an order. If I did, I'd probably just keep the items and use them as host gifts. Anyway, you can always print the official language on a separate piece of paper and hand it out so they have the legal language.

When you go to CC and print the OOF it will automaticly print two pages for each copy that you told it to print. The first page is the OOF and page two is the legal stuff. You could just print one and take it to a copy place and do it double sided.

I use the OOF's for my shows and have the write-ins for fairs and stuff like that. There is always someone wanting to place an order at them.

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant
Depoe Bay on the Beautiful Oregon Coast

Write ins all the way, although I don't like the new ones that just came out!
:( I may have to use the FW06 and tear off the wishlists!

heat123 said:
Write ins all the way, although I don't like the new ones that just came out!
:( I may have to use the FW06 and tear off the wishlists!

What don't you like about them?

the new ones also don't have the shipping added. it just says off to the side s/h $4.00. so now i will need to remember to add that too. i am sure nobody will be reminding me

The whole layout really, info on the side and the shipping is not really in bold print on the side subtotal columns like it used to be I don't think? Seems smaller in between the lines for them to write in. Just totally different, I guess I just don't like change so much. JMO

I only use the printed out forms I print out here and OOF from the website (they are free). I send receipts with thank you notes. :)

I had somebody from another DS company tell me that there was a study done and with itemized receipts customers spend more then write-ins!! Don't know if this is true or not. I myself like the write-in ones.

Write in only. The itemized are too hard for me to read, why would I give them to a guest!

I take my laptop to shows, so if a guests has written in the wrong price, the computer catches it.

I understand about guests ordering more on an itemized (because they're not writing down the price, they're not as cognizant about the amount they're spending), and there is the Wish List aspect to it. But when our forms were only available itemized, I found that I spent as much time at the show explaining where to find things as doing the actual demo. And, despite the fact that I highlighted all purchases on the receipts (before I switched to sending a PP receipt for every order), hosts would miss some things.For folks who are concerned about the shipping not being on the form, you can write it on. Sit down with your pack of receipts and stamp your name on them, write in your consultant number, and write in the $4 shipping. It'll take about half an hour for the pack of 100, and you can do it while watching TV (when it's too late to make phone calls, of course).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jessica_momof6
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • PamperedEsther
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies