• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales Receipt Options: Write-in vs. Downloaded Forms

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of write-in sales receipts versus one-sided downloaded ones for Pampered Chef parties. Participants shared their preferences and methods for using and distributing receipts, with some using printable receipts for outside orders and others using them primarily for online orders. There was also discussion about the practicality and cost-effectiveness of using different types of receipts.
cookingmommy
I currently use the write-in sales receipts with the many layers; however, the Pampered Chef parties that my recruiter did she just used the one sided downloaded ones with the monthly special on them. I know those say that they can't be used as an original sales receipt and I never received anything with my products that I ordered at two of her parties. I'm just confused why someone who use the downloaded ones. Would you come home and fill out the write-in ones after? That seems like a lot of work.

Now that I think about it though I don't have any documentation of my purchases during those first two parties before I became a consultant. I gave her my check with the single sided form and that was it. Let's hope nothing happens to those products.

Also..those write-in receipts...which copies do you keep...just the consultant copy? Since I send my parties through PP do I really need to keep the home office and the consultant copy?

I alwayse print an official copy of the reciept to go with the order if I use the donwloadable outside order forms

I use the downloaded orderforms for a couple of reasons. First I like that they have the monthly guest special right on them, so it helps remind the guests. I print out receipts when I close the show, and I mail them to the host with her Thank You Letter. I think the printed receipts hold up a little better, for those that actually save them as well.

HTH

Computer Printed ReceiptsShe could be printing the receipts from P3. You can order the back which gives the warranty information and they are much cheaper than the 3 carbon copy. I use them primarily for online orders for people who couldn't make the show. I like the 3 carbon because I keep copies of receipts for each show together in a paper clip

I, too, use the write in sales receipts. I have them still from the new consultant kit and the booster pack. If I could figure out how to bring a printer with me, I'd print out receipts at my shows. I like the old receipts that you don't have to write in the product, but I haven't been using them. I would like to know everyone's opinion about what they use and why. You are not supposed to be giving the downloaded copies as actual receipts because HO says they are not to be used as an official receipt. I actually give them to the host for outside order forms because if they write them out wrong or lose them, I'm not out much when I have to give new receipts.

I too only use the downloadable OOF, and then ALWAYS include the printed receipt done on PP with each order (or give to the host, depending on where it was shipped to.) I found the multi=layered carbon copy ones just generated too much paper that I was left with after the show!!!

So, I can print out official receipts from pampered partner? I have to buy the special paper with the warranty info on the back, right?

I like the idea of giving my host the OOFs since they have gone through and lost so many of the write-ins.

I might try using the OOFs at the parties and then printing out the receipts from PP and sending them to the hosts with their thank you letter. Thanks for the advice.

I use the write-in receipts at shows and the printable ones for outside orders. I, too, wish I could take a printer with me. I did take my laptop to one show. The fact there was no paper to back stuff up (I let the guests take the OOFs they'd used as a record of their purchase) made me nervous though. If for some reason I hit a wrong key and lost data before the show was submitted, I'd be in trouble. So, I have only done that one show like that.

So to those of you who use the OOF of CC or from CS, your guests don't have a problem leaving without a copy of the receipt? I'd love to not have to purchase the new spring/summer forms ( I dont' like the new layout of them or the fact that you have to fill in the shipping price now) but I am running low on my old ones and really dread getting the new ones. HELP!

Thanks for any advice!

I've never had anyone have a problem with it. I explain the whole schpeel about the receipt they'll receive with their product that has the warranty info. during the check-out process. And since the order usually comes so quickly, they don't seem to worry.

I don't think anyone answered this but the ones you can print from PP...do I have to buy that special paper with the warranty info on the back?

Thanks.

cookingmommy said:
I don't think anyone answered this but the ones you can print from PP...do I have to buy that special paper with the warranty info on the back?

Thanks.

Yes - I think its $2.50 for a pack of 100. My director only uses OOF at shows and then sends printed receipts to the host for the orders....too much extra work for me, and w/ the quick shipping, the orders were sometimes getting to the host before the receipts.

Heather - I think I read somewhere that the whole shipping confusion from the S/S order forms was going to be corrected on the F/W order forms.

JAE - I think most people are using the write-in ones now, just because the itemized ones have gotten so big - and the print has gotten so small - that it makes them hard to use.

I use the write-ins at my shows. I give the guests the bottom copy to take home, I keep the middle copy & then I mail the top ones to the host when I close her show. If anyone did an outside order & for the host's order, I print off receipts from P3. I include around 5 OOF from CC for outside orders before the show.

I give the guests the downloaded OOF to write their order on and then re-write them on the write in. I found that a lot of the write ins were getting ruined (because people wrote on them then didn't order or they put the wrong product in the wrong spot, which is a Canadian thing). this way, they can write to their hearts content, I don't waste tons of the "official" receipts and everyone is happy.

When I start doing more and bigger parties, I may have to rethink this. :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I think most people are using the write-in ones now, just because the itemized ones have gotten so big - and the print has gotten so small - that it makes them hard to use.
At Leadership, I was chatting with one of the HO reps in the "New Kit" area, and she said that they were including the write-in forms with kits because something like 80-85% of the receipts sold are write-ins. So, yep! Lots of us prefer the write-ins.

chefann said:
At Leadership, I was chatting with one of the HO reps in the "New Kit" area, and she said that they were including the write-in forms with kits because something like 80-85% of the receipts sold are write-ins. So, yep! Lots of us prefer the write-ins.

Another interesting statistic from Ann's Brain! :D

Keep it up Ann - I'm a nerd/geek, and I LOVE stats, and trivia, and all sorts of the info that you provide!;)

northern_sunshine said:
I give the guests the downloaded OOF to write their order on and then re-write them on the write in. I found that a lot of the write ins were getting ruined (because people wrote on them then didn't order or they put the wrong product in the wrong spot, which is a Canadian thing). this way, they can write to their hearts content, I don't waste tons of the "official" receipts and everyone is happy.

When I start doing more and bigger parties, I may have to rethink this. :D

I haven't worried about whether or not they write neatly or put pantry items in the wrong place. They don't get turned in to the HO so it doesn't matter to me. I leave one copy with the host the night of her show, one with the customer, then take the other one home and enter the info into P3. I will be shredding the paper once the month is closed and commissioned. So long as I'm faithful about backing up, I can reprint any receipt I need.

I guess I'm wierd. I do the write ins at the show. Give the customer the back page of it- take home the top 2 copies. Then I print another copy from PP onto the special paper with the warranty- mail that to the host as the official copies. Then have them use those to distribute with product when it arrives.
I write all over the write ins- like specials, any notes about the customer or what we discussed, etc. THat way I can remember things I discussed, etc with that individual. Then I keep the write-ins as extra copies so that if I have to go back and look I can. The only reason I like the write ins is so that if there's a discrepency, the customer and I both have the original copy of what they ordered to look at and remind us of what exactly was ordered. Make sense?

clshirk said:
I guess I'm wierd. I do the write ins at the show. Give the customer the back page of it- take home the top 2 copies. Then I print another copy from PP onto the special paper with the warranty- mail that to the host as the official copies. Then have them use those to distribute with product when it arrives.
I write all over the write ins- like specials, any notes about the customer or what we discussed, etc. THat way I can remember things I discussed, etc with that individual. Then I keep the write-ins as extra copies so that if I have to go back and look I can. The only reason I like the write ins is so that if there's a discrepency, the customer and I both have the original copy of what they ordered to look at and remind us of what exactly was ordered. Make sense?
That's exactly what I do, too.

OK- so maybe we're both weird.

MomToEli said:
I haven't worried about whether or not they write neatly or put pantry items in the wrong place. They don't get turned in to the HO so it doesn't matter to me. I leave one copy with the host the night of her show, one with the customer, then take the other one home and enter the info into P3. I will be shredding the paper once the month is closed and commissioned. So long as I'm faithful about backing up, I can reprint any receipt I need.

I wouldn't worry about it either, except where I live in Canada, there's 3 different tax rates depending on the type of product (no tax on Pantry, 6% on Library and 14% on everything else including shipping). It's insanely confusing (and why I'm going to start taking my laptop to shows!) and having to write it over makes me really read it to be sure everything is where it should be.

I have been switching back and forth between using the write-in forms and the OOF that some of you have created and shared on
chefsuccess. If I use the OOF I print out the sales reciept from PP3.

I use the write in and send people home with their receipt. I would consider doing it the other way and printing the receipts if I had a portable printer, but honestly I don't feel like having to mail out all those receipts after the fact. Out of curiousity, what happens if someone has a return and doesn't have a receipt? Does this cause major issues or do they track it and honor the warranty? When I hosted a show I don't think anyone got receipts, including myself, and I know there have been times I've forgotten a receipt from an outside order or the host (since I usually get those orders afterwards by phone). I'm confident that if someone called me I could pull it up easily and print them a receipt, but wonder what happens when someone calls HO directly. (I hope this doesn't invite people to flame me for screwing up!:))

Hey Kim!

We're not usually a flaming kind of group!;)

By law, we need to provide a receipt for products purchased w/ return information included on the receipt. However, in this age of technology, TPC rarely asks for proof of purchase anymore - when the customer calls with a return, they just have to provide the pertinent info of who, what, when, and where's of the purchase for PC to process the return.

I can tell you as a Host when my recruiter only used the OOF I didn't like it. I was so busy at my show that I didn't have a chance to see what everyone ordered. When my show is over, I like to sit down (as a Host) and look through the orders to see who ordered what. Call me nosey, but I like to know that.

So what I do is use the write-ins. I keep the top copy (best one to read) give a copy to the customer as a "temporary" receipt (I also print out Official receipts and mail them to the Host) and then I actually give my Host a copy of what her guests order.

That way the Host can double check when I send the PP receipts and they also have a copy for the time that the show is still open.

It still really bothers me that I don't have copies of what my guests ordered from my "kick-off" show!

Just my opinion!
Joanne

chefann said:
That's exactly what I do, too.

OK- so maybe we're both weird.

Add me to the weird list too!

I use the 3 part write in ones. I give one to the guest as she pays, leave one with the host (she'll include it with the order) and take one. I only keep my part until the guests have all received their orders. I keep it in case there is an error or just to use as a reference in case someone made a mistake and wrote the wrong product number or anything like that.
Once the show is delivered and I know it's okay they go in the trash.
I use the PP ones for outside orders and the host's order.
My director uses only the outside order form. I don't like that because I like the opportunity to talk about all the specials when I am mentioning the current month.

I do just as Evelyn does... works for me :cool:

I am just wondering why would I need to send a PP receipt if I use the 3 copy form and everyone keeps an original receipt. Also with the new packing slips that detail a guest's order why does the hostess need a seperate receipt for each customer?

I use the itemized ones and often wonder about switching. I also print receipts for outside orders and such.

I do what Evelyn does as well.

I'm with Marisol in that using the write in and then printing a PP receipt seems like overkill, not to mention a waste of resources.

DebbieJ said:
I do what Evelyn does as well.

I'm with Marisol in that using the write in and then printing a PP receipt seems like overkill, not to mention a waste of resources.

I personally wouldn't, and don't, do that, it is a waste of paper and time. I go in and edit my thank you letter and take out the bit about my receipts being enclosed. Just my .02. I do think I'm going to switch to using the outside order form, get the generic one without the monthly special on it and print it up in large quantity (so I'm not throwing away unused ones at the end of the month), and then just stock up on the PP sales receipts. Ought to cost less in the long run and be a little more streamlined for me.

The reason I stick with the 3 part is so that the guest leaves with a receipt after she pays and if there is any question about what was ordered, we both have a copy of her order.
I also use them at markets and fairs. I don't like handing over money and not leaving with something and I assume that most people feel the same way.

1. What is the difference between write-in and downloaded sales receipts?

Write-in sales receipts are manually filled out by the consultant at the party, while downloaded forms are pre-made and can be printed with the monthly special already included.

2. Can I use downloaded sales receipts as original sales receipts?

No, downloaded receipts are not considered original sales receipts and should only be used as a reference for the customer. The original sales receipt must be filled out manually at the party.

3. Why would someone choose to use downloaded sales receipts instead of write-in ones?

Some consultants may prefer the convenience of having pre-made receipts, especially if they have a lot of parties to attend. It also allows for consistency and ensures that all the necessary information is included.

4. What happens if I don't have documentation of my purchases from parties before I became a consultant?

If you do not have the original sales receipt, it may be difficult to prove your purchases and receive any necessary assistance from Pampered Chef. It is important to keep track of all sales receipts for your own records.

5. Which copies of the write-in receipts should I keep?

As a consultant, you should keep the consultant copy of the write-in sales receipts for your records. If you send your parties through PP, you do not need to keep the home office copy as it will be recorded electronically.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • KarensChefsClub
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
wcsis