• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Way to Take Orders for a Pampered Chef Show?

In summary, most hosts give out a carbon copy sales receipt with the catalog and have the guests write their orders on the receipt. For outside orders, they can either use the P3 receipts and print them off an official copy, or they can hand write out a copy on the 3 part receipts for them.
krispi
I'm a new consultant and am having my first show this weekend. I've watched the DVD and taken most of the online courses. The one thing I haven't seen much information about is when it's time to actually take orders from the guests. How do most of you do it? Do you give the guests the carbon copy sales receipt with their catalog and have them actually write their orders directly on the receipt? Or do you have them come to you, and you fill out the receipt? What about outside orders? I've given my hosts copies of the August outside order form, but I still have to give those people an official receipt, right? For some reason, this is the most confusing part of hosting a show to me. I'm surprised they didn't really go into it on the getting started DVD. Thanks for your help!

I agree about this part being the most confusing of starting your business! Thankfully, it's pretty easy to learn and from then on it's a snap!

Sounds like you understand correctly.

If you are using the 3 part receipts at the show, I would hand them out with the cattys. Most people like to write down their order alone...but stress at the close of your show that they do NOT have to have their order finalized when they come up to you. Part of our jobs is to HELP them if they are confused about what product may be the best match for them. (Aside from doing the totaling, etc.)

For your outside orders, you can do one of two things for them depending on the paperwork that you have. You can either use the P3 receipts and print them off an official copy there, or you can hand write out a copy on the 3 part receipts for them. Just be sure to get a copy of this to the host so she can give them the "official" receipt with their products. If you are making copies of the HO outside order forms, the back side IS "official" so you CAN give them back their copy. One word of caution there...I would make a copy of their order too so you have something to refer to when you are calling a few weeks down the road to do their customer care calls.

Hope all of that made sense!

When they are finished filling out their order forms, I have them come up and place them on the table (face down) where I am adding up their totals.

I take one at a time (from the bottom of the pile) and then call up that person to sit with me while I calculate their order. This gives me time to ask all the questions (recruit, book, add to order) and keeps the other folks from standing around like buzzards.

I use the 3-ply forms at my shows.

Thanks for your help! I talked to my director yesterday and here's what she suggested: Give everyone a catalog, order form, and wish list at the beginning of the show - she uses it to help them stay involved in the products throughout the show and says that it speeds up the checkout process. After the demo, go over the doorprize slip and have them fill it out then. Give them time to fill out their order forms and have them turn them in face down. Pull from the bottom of the pile and talk to each one individually to ask about hosting a show and recruiting.

Any other tips, or anything I'm missing?

krispi said:
Any other tips, or anything I'm missing?

Sounds good to me.

I do have to tell you that I won't be using the Wish Lists this season. I used them spring/summer. I'd give them a catalog and the wish list and ask them to mark anything that they might like to get. I'd give them an order form in exchange for their completed survey slip. However, people were not using their wish lists in the way that I wanted them to. . .wasn't giving me any more extra information. So, I'm going to start out this season just giving them the order form. I know someone on here does that and says "write down anything you might want to get as you see it and then you can go back and cross off anything you won't be purchasing at this time."

This is when I really miss the old order forms that had ALL the items in the catalog listed. You could get people to mark what they might like to get and then you could see on the same form what they were actually going to purchase. . .viola you have a wish list.

I move around-with my mac in hand--I go to them--Good luck

I like that idea Morfia (provided my battery lasts)

Can someone explain the wish list a bit better? Is it just a piece of paper that they write down what they want on? Doesn't that take a lot of time?

Deeder said:
Can someone explain the wish list a bit better? Is it just a piece of paper that they write down what they want on? Doesn't that take a lot of time?

The Wish List I'm talking about is something you can purchase from Pampered Chef. It is one page (two sides) with everything from the catalog listed. There is a place at the top for the guest's name and phone number and little boxes in front of the each item so they can check that they want that product.

I do know some Consultants who just put in a plain piece of paper so that guests can keep a list of what they might want to purchase. Then the guests transfer what they are getting that evening to the order form. It doesn't necessarily take a lot of time but I've found that guests don't really want to bother.

Last edited:
chefjeanine said:
The Wish List I'm talking about is something you can purchase from Pampered Chef. It is one page (two sides) with everything from the catalog listed. There is a place at the top for the guest's name and phone number and little boxes in front of the each item so they can check that they want that product.

It's also available on CC, you can print them off. HTH

Thank you! I will try and find them on CC.

Also, I find it VERY important to do a three tier checkout/full service checkout with EVERY order!If you are not familiar, I bring the three tier stand (if you don't have it yet, just make 3 piles) On each tier I put information packets. (top:recruiting, middle:bookings, bottom:recipes) At EVERY order I tell them that "I do a checkout called the Full Service Check out in order for them to get the Full Service from the Pampered Chef." And I ask EVERY one all three questions (have you ever thought about doing something like I do, would you be interested in booking your own show to help out your host, would you like a recipe card).I feel that since I started doing this style checkout, my bookings and recruit leads have doubled. And customers really appreciate the recipe cards.

I always use the Outside Order form. When the gusts come up to check out, I let them know that I'll be sending the host a "real" receipt and she'll include it in their bag of goodies. The same for outside orders - I take the form and give a real receipt.

If it's a direct ship order, I send the receipt directly to the customer.

I print the receipts off P3 and mail them with the Thank You letter from P3 to the host after I've closed the show.

Well, overall I think the show went fairly well for a first show. The sales are currently at $582, and we're expecting 5-10 more outside orders before we close it.

One thing I did notice was that by the time to checkout, everyone had picked out what they wanted and were ready to go because they needed to get home. I felt rushed during the checkout and didn't have as much time as I would have liked to review their orders and ask them questions. I also didn't want to keep them any longer when they needed to get out of there, though.

By the way, I also don't think anyone used the wish list. For those of you who do use them, do you give out the order forms at a later time?

krispi said:
By the way, I also don't think anyone used the wish list. For those of you who do use them, do you give out the order forms at a later time?

I used the wish list for a few shows - and handed those out first. But what I found was that people would bring their wish list, and their blank order form to me at check out, and just say "here, this is what I want." I would have to have them fill out their order form then, and it really slowed up the check out process, so I've stopped using the wish lists!

krispi said:
Well, overall I think the show went fairly well for a first show. The sales are currently at $582, and we're expecting 5-10 more outside orders before we close it.

Great first show. Way to go!!!

Bonnie

I tried to attach a Wish List for Fall 08, but I kept getting the message 'invalid file'...it is just a word doc, so I don't know what is wrong. If anyone is interested, I can e-mail it to you. You could use them as drawing slips and give prizes.

As for wish lists, what I've been doing is playing bingo- have everyone fold a piece of paper twice lengthwise and twice widthwise. Throughout the show, I have them write down each product they would buy if $ were no option. At the end, I have the host call out what's on her wishlist, and the person that gets "bingo" gets a prize. I have the guests give them to me when they're checking out- I get an idea of what products they are interested in, and they are thinking about more products they'd like before they checkout.

1. What is the best way to take orders for Pampered Chef products?

The best method for taking orders for Pampered Chef products is through our online ordering system. This allows for a quick and easy ordering process and ensures that your order is accurately recorded.

2. Can I still take orders in person or over the phone?

While we highly recommend using our online ordering system, we understand that some customers may prefer to order in person or over the phone. In such cases, you can still take orders using our paper order form or by calling our customer service hotline.

3. Is there a minimum order requirement for Pampered Chef products?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for Pampered Chef products. You can order as little or as much as you'd like.

4. How long will it take for my order to be processed and shipped?

Orders are typically processed and shipped within 2-3 business days. However, during peak seasons or promotions, it may take longer. We will always strive to get your order to you as quickly as possible.

5. Can I make changes to my order after it has been submitted?

If you need to make changes to your order, please contact our customer service hotline as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that changes may not be possible if your order has already been processed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • KarensChefsClub