• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Receipts and Notifications for Direct Ship Gifts?

In summary, it's important to communicate with the guest and ask for their preferences when it comes to gifting items. This will ensure that the recipient receives the gift in a way that makes them comfortable and avoids any confusion.
chefgirlrd
Hi- my friend ordered a gift item to be shipped to her daughter (across the country). I wanted to make sure her daughter had a receipt but I did not want to have the price. So I just used white out to cover the price and folded and re-copied with the receipt letterhead.

I also feel I should send a notification in cases like this so the recipient does not wonder why she is getting these items and who they are from. I am foreseeing this occurring a lot for the holiday season.

This is my first gift season so I am just wondering what other people do. I thought about asking the guests at the party to write on the order form which items are gifts then I could just provide multiple receipts. But do I "white-out" the price or just assume the guest will do that for their recipient?

Any ideas out there?

i don't know that I would bother with the white out. It's not hard to find a catalog or go online to see the price/value of something.

If I know a gift is being purchased or two people are combining orders, I will provide multiple receipts though.

It's a great idea to include a notification with the gift so the recipient knows who the gift is from. As for covering the price on the receipt, it's a personal preference. Some people may prefer to see the price and others may not, so it's best to ask the guest if they would like the price covered before sending out the gift. Alternatively, you could also offer to send a separate receipt without the price for gifting purposes. Another option is to have a note section on the order form where guests can indicate if the item is a gift and if they would like the price covered on the receipt. This will give you a clear understanding of their preferences and make it easier for you to accommodate them.

What is a gift receipt?

A gift receipt is a special receipt that is included with a gift that is shipped directly to the recipient. It shows the details of the purchase, but does not show the price paid for the item.

Why do I need a gift receipt?

A gift receipt allows the recipient to exchange or return the item if they need to, without knowing the price paid for the gift. This helps maintain the surprise and ensure the recipient is able to get something they truly want or need.

How do I request a gift receipt?

When placing an order for a direct ship gift, there is usually an option to request a gift receipt at checkout. You can also contact the retailer or seller directly to request a gift receipt after the purchase has been made.

What is a gift notification?

A gift notification is a message or email sent to the recipient to let them know that a gift has been sent to them. It may include the sender's name and a brief message, but does not reveal the contents of the gift or the price paid.

How do I ensure the recipient receives the gift notification?

When placing an order for a direct ship gift, there is usually an option to include a gift notification at checkout. If you forget to add this option, you can contact the retailer or seller directly to request a gift notification be sent to the recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pamperedtraci
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtraci
  • Malinda Klein