• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Warranty Coverage: Encouraging Customers to Keep Their Receipts

In summary, some people do not keep their receipts and their warranty is voided. Some people use file folders as guest folders and have their info on the top portion of the folder. Some people also remind their customers that if they bought the item from them, they can always look up their order later, but if it's not with them, there's only so much they can do.
emiscookin
Hey everyone,

How do you encourage your customers to keep their receipts?? I tell my customers to file them in a safe place so they can refer back to it if heaven forbid something happens to their product they will need it for the return. I also tell them their warranty is pretty much voided without their receipt and they can't get a replacement!

BUT, I have run into a few people at shows who bought something a LONG time ago or a few weeks ago at a show and their product is broken and they expect me to replace it and...they DON'T have their receipt! I hate situations like that because they always get mad whether they openly express it or you can see it on their face, yeah...they're mad. But it's like...what can you do about it??

And also, what is it with people thinking they can bring their broken product to one of my shows and I am gonna magically replace it for them!? Hello!!

Some people refuse to deal with Customer Service so they make me do it. I have no problem helping the customer, but I will just be doing the same thing they would've needed to do...call Customer Service and see what can be done. But without a receipt......I think some people expect that because I am the consultant that I can talk it up to CS and have them make an exception for them. Sorry but, rules are rules.

Anyway, sorry about my little rant ;) and back to my original question:
How do you encourage your customers to keep their receipts??

I use file folders as guest folders. People seem really receptive to the idea of having all PC receipts in one place. It also has my info on the top portion of the folder so they can contact me with the pc logo on it as well. Its easy to read. I also point out the back & front of the receipt in case they need to contact me or the company concerning the warrenties.

jbdowd0798 said:
I use file folders as guest folders. People seem really receptive to the idea of having all PC receipts in one place. It also has my info on the top portion of the folder so they can contact me with the pc logo on it as well. Its easy to read. I also point out the back & front of the receipt in case they need to contact me or the company concerning the warrenties.

THAT'S why my Director uses file folders at her shows!!! I couldn't really figure it out and forgot to ask her about it because I had so many other questions about the business. ;) She had her info on the top portion of the file folder as well. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. I may just consider that! :D

Also, one thing to remember is that there's only so much you can do. You can use all the tricks in the book, but there will still be some one who doesn't keep their receipt. PC isn't any different than any other company in requiring a receipt for returns. We do have the benefit that HO does keep records of the Lifetime Guarantee products. Those who don't bother to keep their receipt, and think you're magically going to replace their products anyway are probably the kind of people who will never be happy, regardless of what you do.

I do let my customers also know that if they bought the item from me, I can always look up their order later, but if it's not with me, there's only so much I can do. If they're not happy with what I can do to help, they're probably not going to be happy, and they just have to deal with it.

Plus- even if you tell them that you may be able to look up their order..what if you have computer-crash issues and you've lost all of your data, OR down the road they need a replacement, and you are no longer in business (although, I wouldn't SAY that part....) but life happens sometimes, we know that.I met a lady at a street-fair (she was a food vendor) and was griping about a return that she couldn't make because she didn't have her receipt. She said "who saves their receipts??!" I said "well, you couldn't take anything back to any other store (like Target or Walmart) without one, especially after an extended period of time." (I was in a foul mood and she was being a b**ch about it, so that didn't help...LOL). But maybe as part of your "talk" or checkout- remind them to keep their receipts for any items that have warranty. Give them the tip of a file-drawer, or under their silverware drawer.But if they can't be adult about it and save the receipts, then they can't get their products replaced. Simple as that! You are not their mother and not responsible for them being lazy and irresponsible. Customer service is one thing- cleaning up after them....not my job. :)

I always suggest to my hosts and guests that they keep the receipts under their silverware tray. That way, they know where they are and in a pinch, so do I.

I love the silverware tray idea. I have heard it before, but always forget to tell customers.

esavvymom said:
You are not their mother and not responsible for them being lazy and irresponsible. Customer service is one thing- cleaning up after them....not my job. :)

EXACTLY! :thumbup:

Emily, they can't make you do anything. They can ask. They can beg. They can cajole. They can even demand. Practice saying this: We consultants are not authorized to take returns. Also, the home office will be asking questions that I won't know the answer to. If you can't find your receipt, they should still be able to help you if you tell them the host's name and the state in which you purchased the item.Yes, I remind my customers to keep their receipts. I also tell them that if they purchased something through me I should be able to provide a duplicate receipt. However, it's rare anymore for me to do the footwork on a return.

raebates said:
Emily, they can't make you do anything. They can ask. They can beg. They can cajole. They can even demand. Practice saying this: We consultants are not authorized to take returns. Also, the home office will be asking questions that I won't know the answer to. If you can't find your receipt, they should still be able to help you if you tell them the host's name and the state in which you purchased the item.

Thanks Rae. ;) I will remember that.

You are all making me feel better too. I have recently had three returns brought to my shows. They all assumed that I should fix it for them. One was very rude and acted like it was my fault that her products was damaged. I did handle the returns and I think that will be the end of that for me. Too much extra work! They all are also in touch with the consultant they bought it from but still wanted me to do the work. Argh... I feel like such a sucker:(

lesliec said:
I love the silverware tray idea. I have heard it before, but always forget to tell customers.

If I had kept my receipts under the silverware tray when I was a customer there wouldn't have been room in the drawer. I was one who didn't keep the receipts but fortunately I never had a return issue. I do tell my customers to keep theirs and that I can get theirs off my computer too if needed and if it doesn't crash in the mean time like computers do sometimes. I used to do the folders and thank you for mentioning that - think I'll go back to that again. I stopped using lap boards because of the extra weight so that would help give guests a better surface to fill the order form out too.

Home office can track down a product for a customer if they know their host or consultant name. I've done this for customers numerous time especially if their consultant is no longer in the business. Customer service is very good about this. I see this is just another way for me to become that person's go to person for all their Pampered Chef needs and a great way to build rapport with the customer. I get the return authorization number and all the information, log it in my adjustments/return log and relay the necessary information to that customer so they can return the item....

Shannon Good said:
Home office can track down a product for a customer if they know their host or consultant name. I've done this for customers numerous time especially if their consultant is no longer in the business. Customer service is very good about this. I see this is just another way for me to become that person's go to person for all their Pampered Chef needs and a great way to build rapport with the customer. I get the return authorization number and all the information, log it in my adjustments/return log and relay the necessary information to that customer so they can return the item....

I have done that for customers too and it is true that they don't always need a receipt to process an adjustment but there are instances where they REQUIRE the customer to send the receipt with the item to be returned (it seems if they want to exchange or want a refund but I'm not 100% sure on all the instances) so it is best to make sure they have a receipt.

Right before I start my full service checkout I explain the receipt to them. I point out all the info that I need filled in and just sort of walk through the receipt/ order form. This helps me remember to include things like Round Up From the Heart. I tell them that everything has at least a one year warranty if the item is used correctly (then explain the product use and care sheet). If it is not used as instructed, it will void the warranty. I, also, recommend keeping receipts under the silverwear tray. After I check them out, I also circle the area on the receipt that says " Save this receipt as proof of purchase". There is only so much we can do, and I think that all of that is plenty!

The file folder is very duplicatable, too! :)

I tell my customers to keep them in the drawer under their silverware holder.

I always tell my guests to keep their recipes in their silverware drawer under the silverware. That is where i was always told by my past consultants before i started selling

I tell them they have 2 choices
1. under the silverware tray or
2 if they are the queen of dining out I tell them to get friendly with the Walmart greeter get some smiley face stickers and put them on an envelope and keep the envelope in their glove compartment with their chinese takeout menus and pizza coupons.

I tell them to keep it under their silverware tray for safe keeping :)

I'm new at this but have been told to tell customers to keep them in an envelope underneath the silverware drawer as has been mentioned several times here before. I just got my kit about a week ago, and my mother has 2 friends that have come to her complaining about cracked stoneware. I told mom they would need to call whomever they purchased the product from, is this correct? I mean, how do I know they didn't buy these at a garage sale or even how old these pieces are? Or am I just too skeptical? :blushing:

i love these colorful stickers that really get customer's attention. use my name as a referral if you order!
http://www.thebooster.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3204

Kristina, I use those also! I also put a Thank you sticker on the receipts. Her stickers are awesome.

Ok so I really like the idea of the file folders. Do you just put a label on them like you would your catalog with your info? Or is there something else I would need to put on there?

sherri lynn said:
I just got my kit about a week ago, and my mother has 2 friends that have come to her complaining about cracked stoneware. I told mom they would need to call whomever they purchased the product from, is this correct? I mean, how do I know they didn't buy these at a garage sale or even how old these pieces are? Or am I just too skeptical? :blushing:

LOL@ the garage sale comment! Actually you can offer them the home office number so they can contact them. If they are persistent in your taking care of it then let them know that you can't assist them unless you have the aprox. date the items were purchased, the name of the host and name of consultant. Home office can help with pulling info on purchases, but if you don't have any of this info available tell them they need to call home office themselves.

I have called the home office directly myself for a couple people that came to us at the fair booth. The phone call took 5 minutes of my time, I got the neccessary info for the item to be returned passed it on. I got a $40 order from the woman after, have to say it was definately 5 minutes well spent.

1. How do I keep track of my receipts from Pampered Chef purchases?

It is important to keep your receipts from Pampered Chef purchases in case you need to return or exchange an item. We recommend keeping a designated folder or envelope specifically for your Pampered Chef receipts. You can also take a photo of your receipt and save it digitally for easy access.

2. Can I return items without a receipt?

In most cases, a receipt is required for returns or exchanges. However, if you are unable to locate your receipt, you can contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. How long should I keep my receipts for?

We recommend keeping your Pampered Chef receipts for at least 90 days after your purchase. This will ensure that you have enough time to return or exchange any items if needed.

4. Can I get a copy of my receipt if I lost the original?

If you have lost your receipt, you can request a copy by contacting our customer service team. They will be able to assist you in retrieving a copy of your receipt for your records.

5. Do I need to keep receipts for warranty purposes?

Yes, it is important to keep your receipts for warranty purposes. If you have any issues with your Pampered Chef product, having your receipt will make it easier to process any warranty claims.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
larry Leisuresuit
  • turtle15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • turtle15