• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Won't Honor Lifetime Warranty W/O Receipt?

In summary, if your customer does not have a receipt for their purchase, you may be able to help them by looking up the purchase information in your customer's system. However, if the purchase was made recently or the customer does not know the name of the host or consultant, you may need to help them contact the host or consultant directly.
chefmelody
This is weird... I have a customer who needs 3 of her Professional cookware pans replaced. I told her that since it was a lifetime warranty, it was fine that she didn't have the receipt. I've had lifetime warranty items replaced before without a receipt.

But now the home office person who is handling my product adjustment request is saying that they have to have the receipt to do it. This is what I got back last time:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. In order for your customer to replace her Professional items we must verify original purchase. The Professional is a lifetime guaranteed item but we would need to verify at what show did your customer purchase it from and the receipt is the form of guarantee to replace the product. Please advise.

Has anyone else had trouble with this? I've had lifetime warranty items replaced before without a receipt, so why are they giving me problems now?

I have found that if my customer doesn't have a receipt that they can look up the person in their system. Have you tried calling HO and asking this way?

My mom had a PC item that she got a while back from a show (before I was a consultant) and she didn't have the receipt. She called the home office and told her when about the show was, and the name of the host, and they found the show for her, which in turn showed what she ordered, and they took her item back without her original receipt.

I guess you could try that, or try calling back and speaking to someone else. I unfortunately have not had much luck with the HO helpers... I'd share my stories, but it is so close to the holidays, I don't want to spoil the mood :)

What they are trying to keep from happening is people getting lifetime products at yard sales and other places for less money. Try to find out when and the name of the host when she bought it.

Yes what Kate said. It is their way of trying to help squash the abuse of Ebay sales or people taking advantage of September specials and reselling. I heard many people put in orders in September just to get the cookware sets at 60% off and resell them... Grr... I like cookware specials so hate when they get ruined by people abusing the system.

Wow, people will stoop to all levels. Sad that people will rip off the system like that.

If I have a customer with no receipt, I have them call HO themselves. That way HO can ask them all of the questions they need to get the item replaced.

I just had a host tell me that they wouldn't return one of the knives in the self sharpening cases because the customer didn't have a receipt. Those items aren't even that expensive and they wouldn't do it.

Use this as a reason to call your guests the next day. Remind them of the importance of keeping the receipt in a safe place, had a great time, etc. A reason to call them without sounding pushy.

Robin

what about if someone received something as a gift??? No returns then?

I'd think they'd have to go back to the person who got it for them and ask them about returning it?

*good tip for receipts - tell your customers to keep them under their silverware drawer. My mom has every single receipt she's ever gotten with her PC orders and in her house, they are the ONLY things which you know the exact location and could easily find. LOL

pchefinski[B said:
]*good tip for receipts - tell your customers to keep them under their silverware drawer[/B]. My mom has every single receipt she's ever gotten with her PC orders and in her house, they are the ONLY things which you know the exact location and could easily find. LOL

I will have to start suggesting this to my customers!

Great Tip

I just had a customer that had a can opener without a blade. She didn't know when she got it, or who the host or consultant was, and didn't have a receipt. I called customer svc to see how to handle it, and she just asked me for the customer's name. She was in the system several times and the HO person put me on hold and actually went through every single show and order to find where she purchased the can opener. She told me to send it in and they would send a new one right out. The lady I spoke with was WONDERFUL to work with.

I had a women who had a piece of the professional that the handle came off and she had it for years, she did remember who the consultant was cuz she used her for years, but unfortunately she no longer is selling. I called home office, and it took a few minutes, but she was able to find the consultant and the host and processed the adjustment.

I think you just need to try again with home office and get as much information you can from the customer.

I also had one of my recruits had a return for her 80 something year old grandmother with the self-sharpening knifes, and she explained that at her age she doesnt have any idea the whereabouts of the receipt or who she bought it from, and HO did make good on it.

I suggest another call to HO, and explain the situation and hopefully you will get someone who can assist you better.

Have you done a search on Pampered Partner to see if anyone else you know may had made the same purchase of the item and go that root (with their permission of course).

1. Can I still get my product replaced under the lifetime warranty without a receipt?

Yes, our company does offer a lifetime warranty on our products. However, in order to receive a replacement without a receipt, the product must be registered with our company within 30 days of purchase. This can be done online or by contacting our customer service department.

2. What if I don't have proof of purchase?

If you do not have a receipt, you can still receive a replacement for your product as long as it is registered with our company and falls within the guidelines of our lifetime warranty. We may ask for additional information or proof of purchase, such as a credit card statement, in order to process the replacement.

3. How long does the lifetime warranty last?

Our lifetime warranty covers any defects or issues with the product for the duration of its lifetime. However, this does not cover normal wear and tear or misuse of the product. If the product is deemed to have a manufacturing defect, it will be replaced at no cost to you.

4. What if the product is no longer available?

If the product you purchased is no longer available, we will offer a comparable replacement or provide a credit towards a future purchase. Our goal is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their products and we will do our best to find a suitable solution.

5. Is the lifetime warranty transferable?

No, the lifetime warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the product. It cannot be transferred to another person or used for a different product. However, if the product was a gift, the recipient can still register the product and receive the benefits of the lifetime warranty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimmyDarling
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • BeaLorene