• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifetime Warranty for Generation II Cookware: What You Need to Know

In summary, the customer does not have the receipt and does not know what consultant the pans were bought from. I told her I needed one of those two things, but she said she it didn't make sense that she needed that, since it has a LIFETIME warrenty. I'm not sure what to tell her... we do need a receipt, even if the warrenty is lifetime, right?If the customer does not have the receipt, then I would suggest calling HO and find out. They may be able to help the customer out without having to send the entire pan back.
chefmelody
I have a customer who owns a set of the old Generation II cookware, which she received as a wedding gift 7 years ago. One of her lids broke, and she knows that it has a lifetime warrenty. However, she does not have the receipt, and does not know what consultant the pans were bought from. I told her I needed one of those two things, but she said she it didn't make sense that she needed that, since it has a LIFETIME warrenty. I'm not sure what to tell her... we do need a receipt, even if the warrenty is lifetime, right?

Call HO and find out. I would not think that you would need the receipt but I do not want to stear you wrong.

I would call Ho and say she recieved it as a wedding gift and she has no clue who the cinsultant was I know I tried to write down who gave me what but I know I missed a few things so I probably would not even know who gave it to me.

I thought the Generation II only had a two year warranty.

the pans have a 2 yr warrenty but the lids have a lifetime

Like others have said, call HO. I had a similar situation, and the guest (who received the cookware as a wedding present) actually threw away the lid! I called HO for her and was able to resolve it. They found the show date/consultant, but it did take a little bit. I think it also depends on who you "get" at HO. You may have to call a few times.

GOOD LUCK!
Diane

I had a customer with a chipped utility knife. She had no receipt, it was a gift.

They replaced it without any problem.

dianevill said:
I think it also depends on who you "get" at HO. You may have to call a few times.

I learned that very recently.

chefmelody said:
I have a customer who owns a set of the old Generation II cookware, which she received as a wedding gift 7 years ago. One of her lids broke, and she knows that it has a lifetime warrenty. However, she does not have the receipt, and does not know what consultant the pans were bought from. I told her I needed one of those two things, but she said she it didn't make sense that she needed that, since it has a LIFETIME warrenty. I'm not sure what to tell her... we do need a receipt, even if the warrenty is lifetime, right?

I think they like to have the receipt so that they know it came from a consultant, not a garage sale or eBay.

pcjulie said:
I think they like to have the receipt so that they know it came from a consultant, not a garage sale or eBay.

Good point! I hadn't thought of that...the product could have been resold multiple times and could have been misused along the way and the current owner wouldn't know it!

I am P.O. at HOI have alady who has a Stripped Platter. She was on vacation when it got to us to give to our guests so it actually sat at her home, her husband set it aside and it did not get opened. It is chipped on the corner. By Chipped I mean a good sized chunk is missing. They want her to return the entire platter before she can get it replaced. She took it to the post office and becasue of the weight, it will cost almost $14 to ship back. That's more than half what the stupid thing costs new! Usually I never have had to have someone ship the whole thing. Normally just a piece. I don't knwo what to do as I don't hink I should pay for it. She has only ordered this one item from me so...

Hi John,
Hope you have a digital camera and can take a photo of the damaged
tray. Then, e-mail the photo with the Adjustment number, and perhaps
they will accept that as proof without having to ship the damaged piece back.
My digital camera has come in handy on two adjustments that they wanted shipped back. One was the 12 lid for the Family Skillet, that shattered. The photo was worth an "exception to the rule", I was told. On
another when the glaze on some Cranberry stoneware was pocked in three
places, they took the photo rather than require a return.
It is worth a try. Either you or the customer could take the photo, and submit it. I hope this works for you.

Did anyone call HO about the warranty?I have people ask me that ALL the time about the warranty for cookware. One gentleman said that he is terrible on keeping receipts so asked if i could keep his for him!!!! I actually laughed and said that if i do that for you, i have to do that for everyone else! I am not sure if he was really serious about it or not, but i cant keep track of that stuff for everyone. My file cabinets are already a mess!!

What did HO say about it. Since I am going to have a wedding registry in a month and want to make sure i tell my friend about the warranty issues.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you,

I finally got an email back from HO about this issue. They said that they needed the customer's name, address, and phone number, and what size pan lid she needed to be replaced. So, it looks like they're going to honor the warrenty even though she doesn't have the receipt or broken lid! :DI think this would only work with items with a lifetime warrenty, though.

jmedeiros said:
I have people ask me that ALL the time about the warranty for cookware. One gentleman said that he is terrible on keeping receipts so asked if i could keep his for him!!!! I actually laughed and said that if i do that for you, i have to do that for everyone else! I am not sure if he was really serious about it or not, but i cant keep track of that stuff for everyone. My file cabinets are already a mess!!

What did HO say about it. Since I am going to have a wedding registry in a month and want to make sure i tell my friend about the warranty issues.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
All you have to do is if something happens and he contacts you is print off a reciept from your PP onto a PP reciept if you have those

pampered1224 said:
I have alady who has a Stripped Platter. She was on vacation when it got to us to give to our guests so it actually sat at her home, her husband set it aside and it did not get opened. It is chipped on the corner. By Chipped I mean a good sized chunk is missing. They want her to return the entire platter before she can get it replaced. She took it to the post office and becasue of the weight, it will cost almost $14 to ship back. That's more than half what the stupid thing costs new! Usually I never have had to have someone ship the whole thing. Normally just a piece. I don't knwo what to do as I don't hink I should pay for it. She has only ordered this one item from me so...

Call back and make the HO send out a prepaid label. That way THEY cover the postage, not you or the customer.

I had it happen to me once where a host was very deliquent in distributing the orders. I got a call from her aunt saying her nylon whisk was broken. It was past the 30 days and she was not happy with having to pay return shipping. I called the HO and asked for a label and they sent one out. The same thing when my Rolling Case broke. Hello? This is supposed to be a piece of luggage! I made them send me a label.

Call and ask to talk to a supervisor if you need to!

What is the Lifetime Warranty for Generation II Cookware?

The Lifetime Warranty for Generation II Cookware is a guarantee from Pampered Chef that the cookware will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser.

What does the Lifetime Warranty cover?

The Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship, as well as any non-consumable parts of the cookware such as handles, knobs, and lids. It does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents, or normal wear and tear.

How do I make a warranty claim for my Generation II Cookware?

To make a warranty claim, simply contact Pampered Chef Customer Service at 1-888-OUR-CHEF. You will need to provide proof of purchase and the defective cookware for inspection. Once approved, a replacement will be sent to you.

Can I transfer the Lifetime Warranty to a new owner if I sell my cookware?

No, the Lifetime Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the cookware. It cannot be transferred to a new owner.

Is the Lifetime Warranty for Generation II Cookware the same as the 3-year Guarantee?

No, the Lifetime Warranty is a separate guarantee from the 3-year Guarantee. The 3-year Guarantee covers any defects in material or workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase, while the Lifetime Warranty covers the lifetime of the original purchaser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • kisrae