• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Cookware Generation II or Professional?

In summary, there are different lines of cookware available, including Generation II and Professional. Generation II has a shorter warranty of 2 years, while Professional and other lines have a lifetime warranty. To identify the line of cookware, one can look at the color and texture of the outside coating, the type of lid handle, and the presence of rivets on the inside of the cookware. The customer can also check the logo and number on the bottom of the cookware. If unsure, they can contact the company for assistance.
beepampered
Is there a way for someone to see if a piece of cookware is Generation II or Professional? I have a guest that has a pan that she thinks is 10 years old. Of course she doesn't have a receipt and the info that she gave me for host isn't being found at HO (who was quite helpful). So, I thought if it was Generation II it wouldn't be under warranty anyway....Thanks....

Generation II only had a short warranty, not lifetime. I believe it was just 2 years. I wasn't with PC 10 years ago, but I know there was a Generation line before Gen II. It could have been that. If it is Professional, it has kinda of a grooved, slate colored outside. Gen II has a darker, smooth finish and was kinda of rounded on the outsides.

HTH

Gen II is enamel coated on the outside.

DebbieJ said:
Gen II is enamel coated on the outside.
There is a silver rim on the top edge of all the Gen II cookware, the sides are bowed (Prof. sides are straight like the Exec), the Prof. Lids SAY "TPC Professional", the Gen II lid handles are silver while the Prof are black.

Other than the Exec & Stainless, did any of the other lines have a lifetime warranty? The professional did, right?

I recently had a new consultant call me about this same thing - how to identify which cookware line a certain pan came from. We knew it wasn't Prof or Exec and assumed it didn't have a lifetime warranty. It was only identified by the logoe and a number on the bottom. I had her call HO.

Gen II was 2 years
Professional, Executive and Stainless are all lifetime (see back of receipts for details on warranties over 1 year - there are limitations)

Tha handles on the cookware itself are the easiest way to tell what line the cookware is from.

If the handles have visible rivets on the INSIDE of the cookware, it is either Professional or Executive.

If there are no visible rivets, the cookware is Gen II

Thanks for all the identifies! You guys are great. The lady at HO was very helpful about helping attempt to find the original order but she had NO CLUE on how to identify the cookware sets.

What is Generation II Identification?

Generation II Identification is a system used by Pampered Chef to designate a product's generation or version. This helps us keep track of product updates and improvements.

How do I know which generation my product is?

The generation of your product can typically be found on the product's packaging or on the product itself. It will be designated by a roman numeral II after the product name.

Why is it important to know the generation of my product?

Knowing the generation of your product can be helpful when looking for replacement parts or accessories, as different generations may have slight variations that affect compatibility.

Are there any differences between Generation II products and previous generations?

Yes, Generation II products may have updated features, materials, or design compared to previous generations. These improvements are made to enhance the overall quality and functionality of the product.

Do all Pampered Chef products have a Generation II Identification?

No, not all Pampered Chef products have a Generation II Identification. This system was implemented in 2013, so products released before then will not have a generation designation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefmelody