• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Partner vs Write-In Forms: S/H Calculation Differences Explained"

In summary, PP is correct and suggests contacting the Solution Center regarding the write-in order forms.
archie
I am submitting orders through Pampered Partner and notice a difference in the calculation of s/h in the program vs the write-in forms. On the written order forms, the product total is all added up with tax & shipping and THEN the Pantry items are added in. It seems that PP totals everything up, adds s/h and then the product total tax (no tax on food). So why does one charge s/h on everything and the other not? Which is correct??

It all depends on how things are taxed in your state and/or town.

In IL, there is a different tax on food (pantry) than there is on everything else. We also do not pay tax on shipping. But sometimes I do shows in IN and they have no tax on food, but the shipping amount is taxed.

So you need to do some research and figure out how it works where you live. Ask your director.

thanks for your reply. Let me explain a bit clearer...The problem is trying to figure out why the OOF & show order forms charge s/h BEFORE adding in the pantry items. PP doesn't do this & I would think that is the correct method. Why would there be no s/h charge on pantry items? I don't want to calculate totals at the show according to the forms' layouts & then come up with different #s at home.

No what PP is doing is adding product totals with S & H because they are figured at the same tax rate. Then they add the pantry at a separate tax rate.
Does this help?

Why would there be no s/h charge on pantry items?

There is only one charge $4.00 for what ever you order, pantry or product.

J.Corley said:
Why would there be no s/h charge on pantry items?

There is only one charge $4.00 for what ever you order, pantry or product.
I understand that but for a direct delivery order, couldn't the pantry items potentially push the order into the next delivery bracket? I think I'll play with the numbers on both and see what happens. Sorry if this is something that should be clear and I'm just beating a dead horse..I may just be too tired and am not getting what you are telling me.

Hmmmm? Very interesting! I don't do a lot of direct shipping so that I don't know!
Let us know what you figure out!

I wrote up a dummy order of a $19.50 product & $6.50 Pantry item.
*Product total: $19.50
*direct s/h: $6.00
*tax (NY~8.375%): $2.14
*Pantry: 6.50
GT: $34.14

In PP:
*Product & Pantry total: $26.00
*direct s/h: $6.75
*tax (NY~8.375%..no tax on food): $2.20
GT: $34.95

I sent an e-mail last night to HO under "Pampered Partner" help. Hopefully they'll be able to give me an answer quickly.

Check your pp settings---

According to web support, PP is correct. They suggest contacting the Solution Center regarding the write in order forms.

archie said:
According to web support, PP is correct. They suggest contacting the Solution Center regarding the write in order forms.

I understand what you are saying......I think the write-in order forms are very confusing that way. It also just assumes that you will order products and pantry items.....what if someone JUST orders pantry, and only uses the bottom half of the order form? There are no shipping charges listed for the bottom half.

It doesn't matter at shows - I tell guests at shows not to worry about filling all of that out - I'll do it for them when they check out (I bring my laptop) - but if someone is trying to do direct shipping - and they don't add in the Pantry items as part of the shipping costs, it could become a big $$ difference.

Good Question on your part!

Thanks! I thought I was going nuts last night...I couldn't find any messages addressing this issue. When I get more information I'll post it here.

1. What is the difference between Pampered Partner and Write-In Forms when it comes to calculating shipping and handling?

While both options allow customers to place orders for Pampered Chef products, the main difference lies in how shipping and handling fees are calculated. With Pampered Partner, the shipping and handling fees are automatically calculated based on the total order amount and the customer's location. Write-In Forms, on the other hand, require manual calculation of shipping and handling fees based on the weight and destination of the order.

2. Which option is better for calculating shipping and handling fees?

This ultimately depends on the individual preferences and needs of the customer. If you prefer a more streamlined and automated process, Pampered Partner may be the better option. However, if you are comfortable with manual calculations and want more control over the shipping and handling fees, Write-In Forms may be a better choice.

3. Can I switch between Pampered Partner and Write-In Forms?

Yes, you can switch between the two options at any time. If you are currently using Pampered Partner and wish to switch to Write-In Forms, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service to make the change.

4. Are there any additional fees for using Pampered Partner or Write-In Forms?

No, there are no additional fees for using either option. However, keep in mind that using Write-In Forms may require additional time and effort for manual calculations of shipping and handling fees.

5. How do I know which option is right for me?

You can choose the option that best suits your needs and preferences. If you are comfortable with manual calculations and want more control over shipping and handling fees, Write-In Forms may be the better option. If you prefer a more automated process, Pampered Partner may be a better fit. You can also consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mbh06
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • CathyBob