• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calculating an Order Total: I Need Help!

In summary, to calculate the total for your order, you will need to add up the prices of all the items in your order, taking into consideration any applicable taxes, fees, and discounts. You can use a calculator or spreadsheet program to do this. Shipping may or may not be included in the order total, so it's important to check the store's policies or contact customer service for clarification. If you encounter a discrepancy between your calculated total and the total shown at checkout, double check your calculations and contact customer service for assistance if needed.
mbh06
Silver Member
I was entering a order my mom has for her show and I put everything in correctly, but the total amount in different than what I came up with. I have my tax rate as 6% she ordered the cooling rack. That is 13.50 plus 4 s&H so that is 17.50 the I multiplied by 6% and came up with 18.05 It keeps showing 18.31
What did I do wrong? This is my first time doing this!!
Thank you!

What about shipping? Is shipping taxable in your state or in her state? That may be the discrepancy. On CC on the bottom right yo ucan click on "tax rates" to find out.

Shipping and handling ARE taxed in Indiana.
------
When I do ($13.50 +$4.00)*6% = $1.05 (S&H taxed)

$17.50 +$1.05 = $18.55
--------
If I did ($13.50*6%) = $0.81 (S&H not taxed)

$13.50 + $0.81 + $4.00 = $18.31

Not sure where you might have gone wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I do not know what I was doing wrong, but it its figured out!! I must have been a little too sleepy to be doing math last night

Hi there! It sounds like you may have forgotten to add in the tax for the shipping and handling cost. The correct calculation would be $17.50 x 1.06 = $18.55. This should give you the correct total of $18.55. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. Happy selling!

1. How do I calculate the total for my order?

To calculate the total for your order, you will need to add up the prices of all the items in your order. This can be done manually by using a calculator or by using a spreadsheet program.

2. What factors should I consider when calculating an order total?

When calculating an order total, you should consider the prices of the items, any applicable taxes or fees, and any discounts or promotions that may apply.

3. Can I use a coupon code or discount when calculating my order total?

Yes, you can use a coupon code or discount when calculating your order total. Make sure to enter the code correctly and check that the discount has been applied before finalizing your order.

4. Is shipping included in the order total?

This depends on the specific store or website you are ordering from. Some may include shipping in the order total, while others may charge for shipping separately. Make sure to check the store's policies or contact customer service for clarification.

5. What should I do if the total I calculated does not match the total shown at checkout?

If there is a discrepancy between the total you calculated and the total shown at checkout, double check that you have included all items and any applicable discounts or fees. If the issue persists, contact customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• archie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
archie
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • babywings76