• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Your Help Emailing Tech Support

In summary, the conversation is about an issue with Pampered Partner taxing food in Ohio, where it is not allowed. The consultant, Becky, had contacted tech support multiple times but they have not been able to resolve the issue. The conversation includes emails with detailed breakdowns of orders and explanations from both Becky and tech support. It is suggested that other consultants in Ohio also contact tech support to get the issue corrected.
BBHall2002
Pampered Partner is Taxing Food
In the state of Ohio we do not tax food. I was closing out a Host who had added all her totals up for me but they were incorrect since she added Shipping (which is free for Hosts) and she added all product together including her Pantry items and taxed them (and we cannot tax food in Ohio). So I let her know she should not be paying Shipping and not to lump her Pantry in with her taxable kitchen tools. My Host's Catalog Show gave her $10 in Free Product and PP taxed the rest. I Emailed Tech Support two times letting them know PP was taxing food. Tech Support is telling me that the Free Product basically is the Pantry items and taxing the rest regardless. My Host's Pantry Total exceeds the $10 in Free Product so PP is taxing $3.50 in food. I'm not sure how many other states do not tax food but I think we all need to Email Tech Support to get this corrected. I have attached the correspondence with Tech Support below. Original at very bottom.

Thanks in advance for you collaborated help on this issue.
-Becky Baker-Hall
NEOhio

Subject: RE: PamperedPartner® and Web Support
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:41:19 -0500
To: "Becky Baker-Hall" <[email protected]>

Dear Becky,
At this time, it is possible that sales tax will be charged on pantry items because of the way Pampered Partner is designed to add the complete item total before removing the free product value and adding sales tax.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:24 PM
To: Pampered Partner
Subject: PamperedPartner® and Web Support
Name = Becky Baker-Hall
Consultant = 430203
Company = 01
Phone = 216-261-0432
Email = [email protected]
Message = I'm sorry, this reply is not making sense to me. I'm not concerned about pantry items being Free Product, I'm concerned that PP is taxing this Host's Food which is not allowed in the state of Ohio. Please look at the breakdown of items ordered at the bottom as well as the breakdown of PP that is calculating tax according to the entire total (including pantry items) Call if you need further explaination, I'll be happy to go over it. - Becky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Becky,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef home office. Please note that the total cost of your Host's items is added before the free product value is deducted. This includes any food items. Therefore, the food items are considered to be removed from the free product value.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:39 AM
To: Pampered Partner
Subject: PamperedPartner® and Web Support
Name = Becky Baker-Hall
Consultant = 430203
Company = 01
Phone = 216-261-0432
Email = [email protected]
Message = Good day!
I am in Ohio where there is no tax on food. When I go into PP and put a Host order in, it is taxing the food. Her order is:
#1719 Pie Gate 2x$5.00= $10.00 (free prod)
#2560 Sm Serv Tongs = $8.00
#1323 Spreader = $7.50
#1167 Nylon Slice/Serv = $5.50
#1790 Lg Scoop = $10.50
#1645 Lg Spreader = $8.00
9616 Farmers Market Seasoning Set = $6.00
9624 Bell Pepper/Herb Rub = $3.75
9624 Crush Peppercorn/Garlic Rub = 3.75
Here is the breakdown from PP:
Product Total $63.00
-Free Product $10.00
SubTotal $53.00
-Discount 20% $10.60
+ Gift Cert ----
SubTotal $42.40
+ Half Price Total ----
SubTotal $42.40
Monthly Host Spec ----
Shipping $0.00
Tax Total $2.75 (6.5%)
Grand Total $45.16
On my Guest orders, it is not taxing the food which is correct.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Becky Hall

You should be able to change it in PP. The box that is about in the middle on the right side that says "change tax rates" you just need to change the food tax (last one) to 0. We don't tax food in CA and that is how I have it set up. I hope that helps, I don't know if you had already double checked that.

That is really strange... I have tried to crunch the numbers myself and see where the problem is... it looks like it makes about $.88 difference. I have not run into this myself, and we don't tax food either. I guess I would just tell her the total, and if she figured it differently than I would cover it. Hopefully HO can fix this glitch.

When you were setting up your tax info in pampered partner, are you sure you did correctly? There are 3 different tax lines to set up one for over all tax, one for tax on shipping, and one for tax on food. Make sure you have all 0's for the line for tax on food. Good Luck.

Debbie :)

Dear Becky,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will look into this issue and work to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend that you continue to email Tech Support and share your concerns. We appreciate your dedication to your clients and their satisfaction.

Best regards,
Pampered Partner Support Team

1. How can I contact tech support?

To contact tech support, you can either send an email to their designated email address or call their customer service hotline. Make sure to include all relevant information and details about your issue in your email or when speaking to a representative.

2. What information should I include in my email to tech support?

When emailing tech support, it is important to include your name, contact information, a detailed description of the issue, and any error messages or screenshots that may be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

3. How long does it usually take to get a response from tech support?

The response time from tech support can vary, but most companies aim to respond within 24-48 hours. However, response times may be longer during peak periods or if the issue requires more time to investigate and resolve.

4. Can I track the status of my support request?

Some companies may have a system in place where you can track the status of your support request. Check the company's website or email response to see if they provide this option. If not, you can always follow up with a phone call or another email for an update.

5. What should I do if I am not satisfied with the resolution from tech support?

If you are not satisfied with the resolution provided by tech support, you can reach out to them again to explain your concerns and see if they can offer a different solution. If you are still not satisfied, you can escalate the issue to a higher level of support or file a complaint with the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• archie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
archie
  • chefpenny99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • lisa717