• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simplifying Your Show: Choosing 5 Items to Leave Behind

In summary, Becky is trying to pare down what she is taking to her shows, but is having a hard time because people are always asking for more products. She recommends bringing a "kit" that has only the items needed for the recipe, and suggests that people use higher value items where possible in place of less important items. She also suggests bringing a rolling suitcase with only the items needed for the show, and suggests bringing a tool turnabout, food chopper, forged knives, self sharpening knives, can opener, silicone scrapers, garlic press, and whisk.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... I am SO bad about taking too many products to my shows. On the one hand, I love for people to be able to see things and put their hands on them and I've sold some SA platters/trays by having them there for guests to see. On the OTHER hand... I am sick of lugging in and packing up items that never get looked at. I hope that makes sense. As a former PC guest, I always appreciated seeing things for myself, not just in the catalog. But I hear from loads of consultants that they don't take lots of products and the catalog does the selling. I'm trying to pare down what I'm taking, trying to make the job look easy and effortless. I LOVE the demo and hope that it's always fun... I just think I'm making it look like a hassle by bringing too many things. If you were going to choose 5 items that you were NOT using in your demo... what would they be?

Tool Turnabout (I know that is more than one - but I just stuff it full!)
always one piece of stoneware, one piece of cookware, and at least one piece of SA....plus whatever the host bonus is for the month I am trying to book.

Smooth edge can opener, food chopper, Stainless mixing bowl, forged knife, 1 piece of SA (and I usually always use a cooling rack, stoneware, cookware, cutting board & others in my demo)

I am SOOOO bad on hauling TOO much stuff too!

Can opener is on my to bring list, and the saute pan...

I guess if we kept ourselves to our "kit" we'd do better and then bring extra for demo, but the kit is a nice sample...we always want to add to it! If you don't use stoneware in the demo - bring the mini bar pan, it shows the quality but you aren't lugging a big piece.

I second Becky's packing list. This is what I do as well. I try to look at the items I need for the recipe and substitute higher value items where possible. (i.e. the Microplane Grater for the Cheese Grater). I also bring at least one piece of the forged cutlery and regardless of the recipe I put in a couple of the prep bowls because they are always nice to use for ingredients I prepare ahead of time and I usually sell one.

One of my clustermates takes the medium woven square (consultant incentive from 2005) as a sample of the Woven Selections, because it's smaller than the rest. She's been selling an occasional piece because of that.

I TRY to limit my "haulage" to what I'm using, the current guest special, next month's host special, stoneware/cookware (if not in the recipe - I take 8" saute pan and both small oval bakers so people can see the colors of the Cran. and FV stones), and things that the host specifically said she/he wanted to see in person (I ask when I host coach). Sometimes I'll also throw in new small tools (in the TTA), and one or two of the other new items that fit the season.

Thanks everyone! Great ideas. Please keep it up! I do put my door prizes in the square woven so that helps get that piece in people's hands... I thank each of you who has already posted and look forward to hearing more.

Besides my shoulder bag we got at conference that I put my guest folders and host packets in, I only have one rolling suitcase I bring. That's it. I bring the tool turn about (it's in the TTA bag inside my rolling suitcase) with food chopper, forged knives, self sharpening knives, can opener, silicone scrapers, garlic press and a whisk. Then I bring the 8" SS saute pan, the 8" Executive saute pan, large bar pan, cooling rack, cutting board, batter bowl, Easy read measuring cup, some spices, a couple cookbooks, microplane grater, and the 2 new cranberry accent small squares and new cranberry striped towels. That's it!! SO easy to pack up, throw the bag over my shoulder and use the handle to roll the suitcase, and I am out of there!!!

Related to Simplifying Your Show: Choosing 5 Items to Leave Behind

What are the best items to leave behind at a Pampered Chef show?

The best items to leave behind at a Pampered Chef show are typically the more expensive or less popular items. This allows you to focus on selling the items that are more likely to appeal to your audience and will help you to streamline your presentation.

How do I determine which items to leave behind?

To determine which items to leave behind, you should consider your audience and the purpose of the show. If you are hosting a show for a specific theme or occasion, choose items that align with that theme. Additionally, take into account the preferences of your audience and what items they are most likely to be interested in purchasing.

Can I leave behind more than 5 items?

While it is recommended to only leave behind 5 items, you can certainly leave behind more if you feel it is necessary. However, keep in mind that having too many items may overwhelm your audience and make it difficult for them to make a purchasing decision.

What if the items I want to leave behind are popular and in high demand?

If the items you want to leave behind are popular and in high demand, consider offering them as a special promotion or bundle deal. This will create a sense of urgency and may encourage your audience to purchase them before they are gone.

Should I rotate the 5 items I leave behind for each show?

Yes, it is recommended to rotate the 5 items you leave behind for each show. This will keep your presentations fresh and allow you to showcase a variety of products to your audience. It also gives you the opportunity to highlight different items and their unique features at each show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jackieblue
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher