• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Order Errors: How to Handle Missing Items and Damaged Stones

In summary, the host mentioned that there were only 3 small bags in her shipment, and there had been at least 7 orders. Unfortunately, she's like me and keeps plastic bags from the grocery store, etc., so she had already packaged everything.
Swirl
I can't even believe my show order that came in yesterday. There were 7 items missing 2 broke stones and 2 items I didn't even order!!! I really don't know how this can keep happening. Most of the missing items were out of the same box, and the packing slip showed they were shipped in it. And BTW what is the deal with these stones???? None of the tabs were down to hold them in place, and I mean NONE!!! They just flopped around and shifted the whole shipping time, I can hardle believe there were only two broken. I hate doing adjustments but I've never had to do one for so many things wrong, it's an imbaressment. And the sad thing is I don't see this problem getting solved or even improving since I became a consultant. Has it always been like this??? :confused:

I had two broken stones last week and they haven't even shipped them yet. I did it thought CC but now I wish I would have called HO. Things go a whole lot slower through the CC website. I had something missing from the Fall Samples box and I went throught CC website and got an e-mail that I would hear something back in a day or two and it's been 6 days now. I am going to have to find time to call them today.

I emailed in a request to find out about an adjustment and had an "approved" email on that very adjustment an hour later... after nearly a week.

Have you ever had to do an adjustment for that many things wrong though? The list was a mile long. I guess I wonder how many others this is happening to, because surely it can't be just me, ha ha ha, or can it???? I'll have to try calling HO...I've just always done it online...can't stand the thought of being on hold that long.

I have posted this before but here I go again. :p

I have a large fundraiser in May $4,482.50. That was 11 boxes. Only 5 boxes had packing slips - that meant that I had to print a report from PP and go through each box which made it very difficult. I received the order on the Thursday before Mother's Day and people wanted it so they can give some of the stuff as gifts with the Help Whip Cancer products. So that wasn't bad enough, I received NO BAGS. I called home office and they said that they would send out backs overnight. I should have received them on Friday, right, no I didn't receive them until Wednesday the next week. I had to ask other consultants in my area to see if they had any extra bags so that I can get the stuff out to people. Okay, that still isn't it. I was missing 12 items. When I called HO the lady seemed like see didn't believe me, she didn't treat me very nice. But then I thought that maybe she was having a bad day just like me.

That sounds like it was a nightmare. I pray it's not ever that bad for me. I guess that is my fear that they just are not going to believe me about that much stuff being wrong with an order. I would hope that steps were being taken to remedy this problem in the warehouse but all I see are adjustments being made on about every other show I have come in. I'm just frustrated and irritated over the whole mess, I know things happen but I HATE getting that phone call about orders not being right...makes me feel like a dufuss.

I had 5 last month and the first 2 that got delivered had problems... but thankfully.. the next 3 were all correct so it ended better than I had first thought. I am still waiting on one adjustment. I was glad to read on the first one that we didn't have to return the items that were sent incorrectly. The host kept one and I'll be using the other in the basket I'm donating. Too bad they didn't include something more fun than a juicer! :)

It is very frustrating when there are multiple things wrong with an order. Luckily, that hasn't happened to me in a while.

A recent host told me that there were only 3 small bags in her shipment, and there had been at least 7 orders. Luckily, she's like me and keeps plastic bags from the grocery store, etc., so she had already packaged everything.

When things like this happen make sure you contact HO somehow. They're probably training new people in the warehouse to prepare for holiday rush. Feedback will help them know what are problem areas that need to be addressed.

That is why most of the show comes to me now. I tell the host I want the order to come to me because I know how busy she is and I want to make this easy on her but the real fact is that I don't want her to deal with the crushed boxes from UPS with taped removed or big holes in the boxes. I don't want her to see that the product packaging was either open or crushed.
I didn't want her have to see things are missing and having to call me and tell me. I just do it now to same time and hopefully they will correct these problem so that the host will be able to get the packages because to me it is so exciting to get the boxes and see what everyone got.

I have the shows come to me now and the last show was awful! I had one box that was completely crushed and had a Pie Crust Shield that was bent completely in half and then two of the new Tiles Rectangular Platters were basically dust they were broken in so many places. I love the platters but the packaging needs to be re-thought!

My last show went directly to the host, but I'm thinking they should all be sent to my from now on. She ordered the Tiles Lrg Platter & the handles were completely shatter. She also had someone that ordered the small micro cooker. Guess what? It was two bowls & not one lid! How is that supposed to work? :) Luckily, it's my cousin & we just gotten it taken care of.

Maybe they are taking a little more time with the orders/shows now. I submitted a show last Thursday night & it still hasn't shipped yet. I know they probably received a ton of orders that night, but they almost always get the order shipped within a couple of days. :(

Sounds like we need to do an email campaign!Shipping nightmares have increased lately. I think it's because of their incentives to the co-workers to get things out in 24-48 hours. While that is great when the products are intact it is no fun when there are problems!

I try to have shows come to me so that my customers don't see the condition of the boxes.

And I would like to know why it takes SOOOO long for adjustments to be shipped!?!

If we all sent an email to HO every time boxes come crushed and retaped or products are broken or crushed (separate email from the adjustment) maybe they will do something about this!!

Oh, and, I have never had nearly that many things wrong in one order! WOW!

I tell them all the time!I call HO about any adjustments. I figure that is more of a problem for them when I call and maybe if they are bugged enough they will put a stop to it. I had a host that 2 orders in a row for her something was broken, luckily, she was very understanding. I have had several shows that I have had to do adjustments for broken pieces. And two shows in a row that things were missing.

I have sent emails and called with complaints telling HO that this is going to loose customers and host for us. The reps I have talked to seem to care less, but I guess if I had to deal with it like they do everyday it would just be another phone call too b/c I am sure they get it ALL DAY EVERYDAY here lately.

They were suppose to include a small gift gift for the host that had it happen twice in a row but she has not called to let me know and I am going to call her this weekend to check.

I have decided that each time I make an adjustment I am going to ask them to include something for the host for her inconvenience. They deserve something in my opinion!

I had NO problems my first few months of selling but they are constant these past 2 months. I think something has changed in the warehouse.

Contact the highest level of your upline that you have contact information for or your Sales Manager at HO if you know who that is (your director should).

They are in meetings all the time trying to find ways to make things better and if we contact them enough and make our opinions known it can only help.

I was very upset about the whole "held & submitted" thing and one of the suggestions I gave my sales manager was that if they said held in a month they could at least give us a few days into the next month to the the payment for those shows in the last few days. Have you noticed that lately they have given us a couple days in the next month on our incentives?? - I am not delusional - I am sure a LOT of people asked for that too but I have to believe that my opinion counted!

Express yours!

Contact the highest level of your upline that you have contact information for or your Sales Manager at HO if you know who that is (your director should).

They are in meetings all the time trying to find ways to make things better and if we contact them enough and make our opinions known it can only help.

I don't like the whole "held & submitted" thing when it all has to be in one calendar month and who doesn't have a show in the last day or two of the month? Well, one of the suggestions I gave my sales manager was that if they said held in a month they could at least give us a few days into the next month to get the payment for those shows in the last few days. Have you noticed that lately they have given us a couple days in the next month on our incentives?? - I am not delusional - I am sure a LOT of people asked for that too but I have to believe that my opinion counted!

Express yours!

They ought to have some sort of way they can check the boxes before they are shipped out. I worked one summer for a company as a "picker" (yes, thats where they get the term 'picking') and after we picked the items they went through another process that would catch any mistakes we made as they were put into boxes. So it was basically like everything was rechecked. I had to do more than normal adjustments last month as well and last week there was a 3-4 hour call back wait with HO. That was very frustrating.

Earlier this week, I had a nice conversation with a Solution Center Supervisor about all these issues. Lots of mistakes, items missing, items poorly packed and therefore broken, damaged boxes, etc. I live in IL and so boxes literally come to my doorstep in 12 hours after leaving the HO and it's really unbelievable how they arrive sometimes. I told her that I (and many of my fellow consultants) would not mind if shipments took an extra day or two as long as they were correct and intact. She feels our pain and agrees, but it sounded like she didn't have a lot of influence.

I think Beth is right--we need to contact our sales managers. Looks like Susie Lite will be getting an email from me! :)

1. How do I report a missing item in my order?

To report a missing item in your order, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-123-4567 or email us at [email protected]. Our team will assist you in resolving the issue and ensuring that you receive the missing item as soon as possible.

2. What should I do if my order arrives with a damaged stone?

If your order arrives with a damaged stone, please take a photo of the damaged item and contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to provide a replacement stone or offer a refund for the damaged item.

3. Can I return a missing item or damaged stone for a refund?

Yes, you can return a missing item or damaged stone for a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience and will provide a full refund for the item once it is returned to us. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

4. How long does it take to receive a replacement for a missing item?

The time it takes to receive a replacement for a missing item can vary depending on the availability of the item. Our customer service team will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and provide an estimated timeline for the replacement.

5. What is the process for resolving a missing item or damaged stone in my order?

To resolve a missing item or damaged stone in your order, please contact our customer service team with your order number and a description of the issue. We will work with you to provide a replacement or refund for the affected item and ensure your satisfaction with your Pampered Chef purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose