• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Miscalculated Orders: Tips and Solutions for Order Errors

In summary, when entering orders on a show, Wade's math skills can sometimes be wrong, resulting in an error. She usually covers the smaller errors, but one that was over $10 required her to call the customer. She explained the situation, and the customer agreed to have the charge adjusted.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
What do you do when your math is wrong on an order? It happens once in a while but my last show I had THREE errors. Two of them were very minor but one was over $10! The guest put the wrong price down for an item and then I substracted the shipping instead of adding (stupid +/- button right next to the equal button!). I usually just cover the small errors but I really cannot cover the one that is over $10. She gave me a cc, should I just charge it the right amount or call her and let her know.

BTW, I am getting a laptop in the next couple months so I shouldn't have to worry about this any more!

You need to call her and explain before you charge her the right amount.

Laptops = nice! :) Especially when tired!

Call her and let her know. And yes, laptops are WONDERFUL in the math department!

Wadesgirl - you will LUV your Laptop - I don't know what I would do without it! I would just phone the customer and tell her your mistake - she will appreciate it!

Yeah I agree with the laptop thing....it makes it MUCH easier!

I've had this happen before. Just call her and let her know what happened. I'm sure she'll fine with it.

I agree. Tell her you're going to throw in a SB for the inconvenience.

Addie4TLC said:
I agree. Tell her you're going to throw in a SB for the inconvenience.
It was the co-host who was adding to the show to help her daughter out! She already got a SB.

I figured I would call her since it was that much. Like I said, normally I just cover it if they wrote a check.

:D I just love my laptop! Worth every penny! I would consider it a priority item.

My usual rule of thumb is that if the error means the guest paid more, I refund the amount. If it means he/she paid less, I eat the cost. Since this is a substantial amount, though, I would probably approach the guest in this way . . ."Hi, Susie. I was entering the orders for Nancy's party, when I noticed that the price doesn't match the item you've selected. I want to make sure I order you the right item. Was it the ___________ that you wanted? If so, it's $___. I can adjust your charge, which would make it $____."

Last edited:
I am like Rae, my DH got me a laptop because of it:D
I am usually good at math, but I always have 10 people shoving orders at me at the same time and I am easily flustered, so my math skills suffered from it. You can call her and let her know what happens, see how she reacts. Just tell her you had a (blonde, senior, craxy) moment. You fill in the blank.

My laptop has saved me from several mistakes!

I think Rae's suggested "script" is perfect. After all, you mentioned that the customer is the one who wrote the wrong price down anyway. I'm sure she won't have any problem with it if you approach her this way.

Related to Dealing with Miscalculated Orders: Tips and Solutions for Order Errors

1. How can I prevent miscalculated orders?

To prevent miscalculated orders, be sure to double check all measurements and quantities before submitting the order. Utilize tools such as measuring cups and spoons and follow recipe instructions carefully. It may also be helpful to have a second set of eyes review the order before finalizing it.

2. What should I do if I realize I made a mistake in my order after submitting it?

If you realize you made a mistake in your order, contact customer service as soon as possible. They may be able to make changes or adjustments to the order before it is processed. If the order has already been processed, they can provide options for correcting the error or issuing a refund.

3. How does Pampered Chef handle order errors?

Pampered Chef takes order errors very seriously and strives to provide excellent customer service. If an error is made on our end, we will work with the customer to resolve the issue and ensure they receive the correct products. If the error was made by the customer, we will do our best to help rectify the situation and provide a satisfactory solution.

4. Can I cancel an order if I realize I made a mistake?

If you realize you made a mistake in your order and need to cancel it, contact customer service immediately. They may be able to cancel the order if it has not yet been processed. However, if the order has already been shipped, it cannot be cancelled but customer service can provide options for returning or exchanging the products.

5. Are there any tips for catching order errors before submitting the order?

Some tips for catching order errors before submitting the order include using measuring tools, following recipe instructions carefully, and having a second set of eyes review the order. It may also be helpful to double check the quantities and items in your cart before finalizing the order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • nldavis321
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies