• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Error in Calculating Order Amount?

In summary, the host made a small error calculating an order and the customer paid by credit card, so the host just absorbed the amount.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
What do you do when you make an error in the customer's order. I miscalculated it by $1 in the customer's favour. Do you just absorb the amount since it is small or do you call the host for the extra amount? I know I would do it for a larger amount but this seems so small. She paid by credit card so I do not want to charge a different amount without speaking to her.:confused:

i just absorb it and pay it.

Same here. My error, I pay for it.

ditto

it is just a dollar

~

I miscalculated a few weeks ago at a booth and didn't add about $5 in tax. I called her to let her know my mistake and to ask her permission to increase the order. Now, that was $5. I wouldn't hesitate to give a good customer a Season's Best, so I wouldn't hesitate to absorb $1. You just need to know how much is too much for you!

I did this at my last show, had the wrong tax amount so each order was wrong by a few cents. I just paid it myself, all together was about $1.50 out of my pocket, but I think it was easier than calling all the customers and adjust the checks and credit payments. If it had of been over $5 though, I probably would of made the phone calls and adjustments.

I used to have issues a lot and realized I needed to decide how much I would absorb. One of my main problems is when a host calculates orders and they don't charge tax on S&H, or off by a few cents.

I usually eat that unless they have given me a credit card and then I make the correction and let them know. They aren't going to be upset about a small amount.

chef_kimmo said:
I used to have issues a lot and realized I needed to decide how much I would absorb. One of my main problems is when a host calculates orders and they don't charge tax on S&H, or off by a few cents.

I usually eat that unless they have given me a credit card and then I make the correction and let them know. They aren't going to be upset about a small amount.
The missing tax on S&H is the reason I have it pre-added into the shipping amount on my OOFs. :) Instead of $4, they say $4.24. I also have a line on the bottom that says "All order totals subject to verification and adjustment."

chefann said:
The missing tax on S&H is the reason I have it pre-added into the shipping amount on my OOFs. :) Instead of $4, they say $4.24. I also have a line on the bottom that says "All order totals subject to verification and adjustment."

Aaahhh, very very smart!!

chefann said:

Ann that is a great idea...I just had a catty show and out of 19 people 2 of them did not add tax to shipping so I will just eat the $.48.

I absorbed 6 bucks off an order that was 194.00 really should have been 200. but the person is hosting a fancy brunch.............

I think it's worth it to absorb it.

I have had some issues where I used the wrong tax rate - I just absorb the few cents - isn't worth getting new checks, etc. If it was $5 or so I would have to decide depending on the customer.

This issue is why I carry a laptop. If it's my fault I cover the difference and if I owe them money because of my mistake I include it with their order with a "sorry" note.

If the host made the error I usually just pay it if it's just tax on shipping but if it's more I tell the host "she owes $....." because...

I always try to get hosts to send me at least one outside order so I can check that she's charging correctly even though I give them an example with their packet.

Usually, because I use my laptop, the only orders where there is an error are outside orders. Sometimes it balances out in the end....they forget to add tax for the shipping, but then they include tax on the Pantry Items......don't know why people never see the "no tax" line for the Pantry Items.....(and the separate order space)!:rolleyes: So I just absorb it....and when it is over by those few cents, I put it in as a RUFTH donation.;)

1. What could cause an error in calculating the order amount?

An error in calculating the order amount could be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrect product prices, missing or incorrect discounts or promotions, or human error in inputting quantities or prices.

2. How can I fix an error in the order amount?

If you notice an error in the order amount, the first step is to double check the prices, discounts, and quantities of the products in your order. If you are still unable to identify the issue, you can contact our customer service team for assistance in correcting the error.

3. Will I be charged for the incorrect order amount?

No, you will only be charged for the correct order amount. If there is an error, our system will automatically adjust the amount charged to your payment method to reflect the correct total.

4. Can I make changes to my order after it has been placed?

If you notice an error in your order after it has been placed, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They may be able to make changes to your order if it has not yet been processed and shipped.

5. How can I prevent errors in calculating the order amount?

To help prevent errors in calculating the order amount, we recommend carefully reviewing your order before submitting it. Make sure to double check prices, discounts, and quantities to ensure they are correct. Additionally, you can enable our order confirmation feature which will allow you to review and confirm your order total before it is submitted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefcindyp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • kaseydee