• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Rate Troubles? How to Manually Calculate for Guests' Orders

In summary, the organizer was having trouble getting the tax rate set on the show, and eventually got it done. However, he is still worried about a card getting declined.
Kathytnt
I am trying to put in a catalog show - Many of the guests are hving things shipped to their home I am manually setting the tax rate because the county is not showing up for all these people in MI It is not calculating the tax rate. What do I do??

If I can't force it in should I round up so it is charing the correct amount when I submit or will that confuse HO

It calculated the shipping and everything when they place thier orders online.

are you setting the tax rate on each order? Or on the show. Do you need to do an update or something? I know I had one the other day that showed up with a higher tax rate, then after I did the update and restored to my laptop it was correct. You may have to call tech support on Monday if it doesn't work. I don't think submitting it without the tax will work.

The tax rate for MI is easy - 6% on non-food items, 0 on food. That's for the whole state.you can force it on each guest. It's not looking them up because they're more than 100 miles from you.

THe problem is that I do have the tax rate ste up but it is not calculating for the guests I don't know why

My host is at 6% and most of the guests have all been at 6%

It did an update earlier when I logged into P3 and now it is not calculating

Did you double check that you have the hosts address and zip entered?

I finally got it to work but it was frustrating - For some reason when I put in the state and zip I could select the city but now it is not doing it. On almost all orders I had to go out and go back in and manually do the zip twice.

I was panicking because it was a fundraiser and the organizer was procrastinating. Now as I am typing I am wondering why I am stressing when the other person is what caused everything to be delayed.

I did get it submitted last night and prayer everything goes through o.k. I hate when cards get declined.

I'm glad you got it figured out

1. What is the tax rate for guest orders?

The tax rate for guest orders will vary depending on the location where the order is being shipped to. It is important to check with your local tax laws or use an online tax calculator to determine the correct tax rate for each order.

2. Can I manually calculate the tax for guest orders?

Yes, you can manually calculate the tax for guest orders by multiplying the subtotal of the order by the tax rate. For example, if the subtotal is $50 and the tax rate is 8%, the tax amount would be $4 ($50 x 0.08 = $4).

3. Do I need to charge tax for every order?

It depends on your local tax laws. Some states or countries have certain exemptions for certain types of products or services. It is important to research and understand your local tax laws to determine when and if you need to charge tax for each order.

4. What should I do if the tax rate for a guest's order is incorrect?

If you believe the tax rate for a guest's order is incorrect, you can double check the tax rate using an online tax calculator or contact your local tax authority for assistance. It is important to ensure that the correct tax rate is applied to avoid any issues with the guest's order.

5. How do I handle tax-exempt guest orders?

If a guest provides a valid tax-exemption certificate, you can manually adjust the tax amount for their order. This can be done by subtracting the tax amount from the subtotal and then adding the correct tax amount, if any. It is important to keep a record of the tax-exemption certificate for your records.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nicolespcshows
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nicolespcshows
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Intrepid_Chef