• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Sales Tax Calculation for Catalog Show? Get Clarification Here!

In summary, the person is confused about the sales tax for an out-of-state catalog show and is seeking clarification. They entered their friend's information into their PWS, which showed a 5% food tax but no sales tax. However, when they checked the tax rate lookup on CC, it said there should be a 6% sales tax. They are wondering if the PWS will calculate the correct tax and are unsure of how to change the sales tax rate. Others suggest that if the friend's zip code is new, the old one could still work.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi!
I have a friend who is having a catalog show for me and she does not live in my state! I entered all of her info into my PWS, and the show came up with the 5% food tax in WV, but no sales tax. Cool, I think to myself...no sales tax!:D However, when I go into CC, and do a tax rate lookup, it says that there should be a 6% sales tax. I'M CONFUSED!!!!!!!! :confused: Can anyone clarify for me?? I would think that the PWS would calculate the correct tax, but I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks in advance for your help. I shouldn't type that...then no one responds. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My neighbors in WV have a 6% sales tax and 5% on food.

HTH,
Kearstin

If she is a new zip code, I was told that it can take a few MONTHS for the PWS to catch up with the tax rates. I had this happen on a local show.

I ended up changing it to my zip code which has the same tax.

Yes, she is in a "New" zip code...and I can't figure out how to change the sales tax rate in PWS. If I change the zip to something else, how does she get the stuff shipped to her? Do I have to change the ship to address to reflect the correct zip code? I've never done an out of state show before, so this is new to me!! Thanks for the help!!

If it's a new ZIP code, the old one (that was effective for that house/lot before the new one was created) will still work. My house is part of a new ZIP, and a lot of websites still flag it as invalid. So then I use the old one.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info!

1. How do I calculate sales tax for my Pampered Chef catalog show?

The sales tax for your catalog show will depend on the state and local tax rates in the area where the show is taking place. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with the specific tax rates for your location.

2. Do I need to collect sales tax on every item sold during the catalog show?

In most states, the sales tax must be collected on all items sold during the catalog show. However, there may be some exceptions for certain products, such as food and clothing. It is best to check with your consultant or local tax authority for clarification.

3. Can I include the sales tax in the price of the products?

No, the sales tax must be added on top of the product price. It cannot be included in the price as this would result in overcharging customers for the tax.

4. Will I receive a sales tax exemption for my catalog show purchases?

No, sales tax exemptions are typically only granted to tax-exempt organizations. As a consultant or host of a catalog show, you are responsible for collecting and remitting the sales tax to the appropriate tax authorities.

5. How do I report and remit the sales tax collected from my catalog show?

You will need to check with your local tax authority for specific instructions on how to report and remit the sales tax collected from your catalog show. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also provide guidance on this process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • Lisa S