• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With My First Catalog Show (Out of State)

It sounds like you are well on your way to being prepared for your first catalog show out of state. Remember to have extra catalogs and order forms on hand in case your host needs them. Also, make sure you have all of the necessary tax information for the state you will be doing business in. As for payment, encourage your host to have guests pay with credit or debit cards, but be prepared to accept checks as well. If a credit card is declined, follow the instructions from home office and be sure to double check the numbers before contacting the customer. Overall, it seems like you are taking the necessary steps to ensure a successful show. Best of luck!
PamperedMom07
I won't be an official consultant until the 1st but I'm getting things ready for my first catalog show out of state.

I'm sending my host some catalogs, order forms (director sent me a copy by email) and a few other things. I'm wondering something on the order form at the bottom it says in bold print THIS FORM MAY NOT BE USED AS AN ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT. So if my host uses this for her guest what will they get for a sales receipt then?

Also since I can't use the business software yet I'm trying to figure out the sales tax for Saint Michael, MN 55376. Can someone help me with that so I can fill that in for her?

Also if she collects money and checks made out to her, what do I do to get payment? Plus if her guest use their credit/debit card and when I enter everything in and hopefully not but if a card is declined what do I do???

What else should I do to prepare myself for a show out of state and for my host as well?

Thanks!

~Heather

PamperedMom07 said:
II'm sending my host some catalogs, order forms (director sent me a copy by email) and a few other things. I'm wondering something on the order form at the bottom it says in bold print THIS FORM MAY NOT BE USED AS AN ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT. So if my host uses this for her guest what will they get for a sales receipt then? After you input the orders into P3 you will be able to print out receipts on paper that has the official wording on the back of them. You can order them through a supply order, I am not sure if you get any in your kit or not honestly.

Also since I can't use the business software yet I'm trying to figure out the sales tax for Saint Michael, MN 55376. Can someone help me with that so I can fill that in for her? The easiest to do is probably just call and ask her what her sales tax is. MOst people should know what sales tax they pay.

Also if she collects money and checks made out to her, what do I do to get payment? Plus if her guest use their credit/debit card and when I enter everything in and hopefully not but if a card is declined what do I do??? The easiest way for you is to encourage her to have everyone pay with a debit/credit card that you can submit. If she has checks written to herself she can deposit them and mail you a check or give you a credit/debit card over the phone. Just make sure if she is mailing you a check or checks that you have them before you submit the show. If a credit card is declined you will be notified from home office and the email will explain how to correct it, I always try to have them run it again manually before calling the customer. If it still doesn't work then I usually call the customer and say something like I must have inputed a number wrong and your card isn't going through.
What else should I do to prepare myself for a show out of state and for my host as well?

Thanks!

~Heather

Good luck on starting your business!

As an unofficial consultant, it is important to make sure you are following all policies and procedures set by the company. The best way to get specific information on sales receipts and sales tax is to reach out to your upline director for guidance. They will be able to give you the most accurate and up-to-date information based on your specific location and product line.In terms of payment, it is best to have your host collect payment directly from their guests and then send you one lump sum for the orders. This will help streamline the process and ensure that all payments are properly accounted for. As for credit/debit card payments, if a card is declined, you can reach out to the guest and ask for an alternative form of payment or offer to hold the order until the issue is resolved.To prepare for your out of state show, make sure you have all necessary materials, such as catalogs, order forms, and any other marketing materials you may need. You may also want to create a timeline or checklist to help you stay organized and on track leading up to the show. Additionally, make sure you have a plan for shipping and delivering the orders to your host and guests, as well as any follow-up tasks you may need to do after the show. Good luck with your first catalog show!

1. What exactly is a catalog show?

A catalog show is a type of direct selling event where the host invites friends, family, and acquaintances to view and purchase products from a catalog. The host earns rewards or discounts based on the sales made during the event.

2. How do I organize a catalog show if I am out of state?

First, reach out to potential hosts in the area where you want to hold the catalog show. Use social media or your personal network to find interested individuals. Then, send them a catalog and order forms to distribute to their friends and family. You can also use online platforms, such as email or social media, to collect orders and payments.

3. How can I promote my catalog show to increase sales?

There are several ways to promote your catalog show. You can create a Facebook event or group and invite potential customers. You can also send out emails or post flyers in the local area. Consider offering special discounts or incentives for those who attend the show or refer others to attend.

4. How do I handle shipping and delivery for out of state orders?

If you are using an online platform to collect orders, you can set up direct shipping through the company's website. Alternatively, you can have the orders shipped to you and then distribute them to the customers. Make sure to factor in shipping costs when setting prices for your products.

5. What are some tips for a successful catalog show?

First, make sure to communicate clearly and frequently with your hosts and potential customers. Provide them with all the necessary information, such as product descriptions, prices, and ordering deadlines. Additionally, consider offering special promotions or discounts to encourage sales. Lastly, make sure to follow up with customers after the show to thank them and gather feedback for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMom07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pamperedchef.jinni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mbh06