• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Sales Tax Calculation for Ohio Seller Shipping to Virginia Beach

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with sales tax rates for orders being shipped from Ohio to Virginia Beach. The P3 program automatically populates the tax rate as 0%, but it should be 5%. Users recommend manually inputting the tax rate or using an online tax code lookup to ensure accuracy. A discussion also occurs about the difference between samples and supplies, with samples being products and supplies being paperwork.
buckeyefan08
I have a host here in Ohio with a 6.75% sales tax rate. Her DIL who lives in Virginia Beach ordered from her show and is having the order direct shipped. When I plugged all the info into P3 her tax rate came up as 0% and food tax as 2.5%. When I go to finalize the order there is a warning flag saying her tax is 0%. All of this populated through the program I didn't fill it in myself. Am I doing something wrong or does this seem right?

Tax is figured according to where the product is being shipped. When I went to the PP3 seminar at NC I thought they told me tax is automatic within 100 miles. I am sure there is more than 100 miles from Ohio to Virginia Beach. So, I think you have to manually input the sales tax. Those rates are on CC.

Lisa, the tax rate here in Virginia is 5%. You'll have to click "Enter Manually" in P3 to correct it.

Sarah

Thanks for the help!

When you enter in the zip code, there's a place to click that looks up the tax code. It opens up a new browser on-line and you put in the zip code again and it'll verify what it should be. Then you can manually enter it in to P3. HTH :)

I never understood why it didn't do everywhere. If they have the info online, why isn't it in the software? It's not like they knew when they made the CD that someone in Nashville was going to be using it.

That's one of the great PC mysteries to me. That and what the difference is between samples and supplies.

Do the tax rate lookup on CC. Unless you enter it manually, the software will "guess" and its guess is usually wrong. It will come up as an error on P3.

I work in VA Beach and the tax is 5%...hope that helps

IAmChefJ said:
That's one of the great PC mysteries to me. That and what the difference is between samples and supplies.

Generally, samples are products; supplies are paperwork. There are a few products available on the supply form, but they're the exception to the rule.

1. How do I calculate sales tax for P3 sales as an Ohio seller shipping to Virginia Beach?

The sales tax rate for P3 sales in Virginia Beach is currently 6%, so you will need to multiply the total amount of the sale by 0.06 to calculate the sales tax amount. For example, if the total sale amount is $100, the sales tax would be $6.

2. Do I need to collect sales tax for P3 sales in Virginia Beach if I am an Ohio seller?

Yes, as an out-of-state seller, you are required to collect sales tax for P3 sales in Virginia Beach, regardless of your location. This is because Virginia Beach has a destination-based sales tax system, meaning the tax is based on where the product is being shipped to, rather than where it is being sold from.

3. Are there any exemptions for P3 sales tax in Virginia Beach?

Yes, there are a few exemptions for P3 sales tax in Virginia Beach, including sales to the federal government, certain non-profit organizations, and purchases made with food stamps or WIC vouchers. However, these exemptions may vary depending on the specific product being sold.

4. How often do I need to file and remit P3 sales tax in Virginia Beach?

If you have a physical presence in Virginia Beach, such as a store or warehouse, you are required to file and remit sales tax on a monthly basis. If you do not have a physical presence, but make more than $100,000 in gross sales in Virginia Beach, you must file and remit sales tax on a monthly basis as well. Otherwise, you can file and remit on a quarterly or annual basis.

5. What happens if I do not collect and remit P3 sales tax in Virginia Beach?

If you are found to be not collecting and remitting sales tax for P3 sales in Virginia Beach, you may face penalties and interest on the unpaid taxes. These penalties and interest can vary, but it is important to always collect and remit the correct amount of sales tax to avoid any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Barry Carlton
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef