• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

September Show Not Showing the Right Shipping Rate

In summary, Jean told the host that they should charge guests the new shipping rate even though the website did not charge the guest the new shipping rate. The host charged the guests the new shipping rate but when the show was entered into P3 the host received an error message.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I have a Sept. 1 show and the host had several outside orders .. including one on my website.

The website didn't charge the guest the new shipping rate. As for the outside orders, we charged the guests the shipping rate but when I entered the show in P3 it did not give me the correct rate.

Can I expect this to update as of Sept. 1? I am concerned that more guests will order online and find the same problem. I'll pay it for a few but it adds up quickly!

Do you have 9-1-11 or later as the starting date?

I bet there will be an update this week....or even today. For now, just add it manually. and I wanted to Congratulate you on reaching $15000!! Great Job!

Yes, I do, Sheila ... and it is letting me enter the codes for the free item. (Everybody wants the Mango Wedger!)

I'm not concerned about the ones I need to add it manually because they've already agreed to the higher amount. I am, however, concerned about the online orders (they should be 3 of them.) I feel like I'll need to pay it because they've already agreed to pay the lower amount.

And thanks, Linda .. I'm actually about $20 away and CERTAIN I'll get it! Not sure about the Sept. bag. I want it, though!

good news is it's only $0.25 plus whatever miniscule tax might be...so if only 3- it's $1, right? But I bet they have a P3 update yet to upload.

It might give you an error message when you try to submit, if the shipping $$ aren't correct. Maybe? Of course, that doesn't help you get paid. :(

Teresa LM said:
It might give you an error message when you try to submit, if the shipping $$ aren't correct. Maybe? Of course, that doesn't help you get paid. :(

More likely it would go through (since P3 doesn't recognize it as an error), and then HO would do a commission adjustment for it later (since it's such a small amount). But, since you can't submit the show before 9/1, it'll probably get updated by then.

That being said, we should all send HO an email saying it isn't acceptable for this stuff to be updated less than a week before the first of the month. It really hinders the ability to have shows run smoothly in the first week of the month.

NooraK said:
More likely it would go through (since P3 doesn't recognize it as an error), and then HO would do a commission adjustment for it later (since it's such a small amount). But, since you can't submit the show before 9/1, it'll probably get updated by then.

That being said, we should all send HO an email saying it isn't acceptable for this stuff to be updated less than a week before the first of the month. It really hinders the ability to have shows run smoothly in the first week of the month.

And if they are going to allow online orders to be entered before the first (which of course we need to be allowed) they either need to make the changes sooner or forgive the difference on at least those orders. While it's only 25c (plus tax on that) it's the principle of the thing. Why should consultants have to eat that because the technical guys can't make the change sooner? smh

They (Jean herself) told us we could date a show held the last week of the month as the next month but the info isn't up there to actually do it. At least the guest specials are there so we just either have to gift the change in shipping or do the math on every order on any show we are getting pre-orders for and we have to hand add in the host specials until the last minute. Good thing things like shipping rate changes only happen no more than twice a year but the issue of host orders is a monthly thing. I really don't see why they can't put that host special in sooner. The show can not be submitted until the first anyway...

Oh we're not submitting til Friday or Saturday so we are safe!

The good news is that a) they don't tax shipping in my state ... not sure why because every other plan taxes it and b) it's only going to make a difference to the guests who order online since the order forms I printed out have the right shipping date. (This is why I used outside order forms.)

I am very thankful that the website does give them the new products and the September host specials. Last time I followed Jean's recommendation (for the same host) I forgot to change the date to August so the guests saw the July specials. I made sure to do it right because I wanted to make sure they'd see the new products.

Well, I called HO the second they opened and walked away confused.When the tech guy told me that it wouldn't be updated until the 1st, I said I'm not worried about the orders the host gave me, because we had charged them the correct shipping rate. But as for my online order, she entered an even $29 into her checkbook, and I'm not going to confuse her. He reminded me that they are told their order is not "finalized" and I should use that as an excuse to raise her price. To me, that's just a poor business practice!And I also said I was confused about my show that is Tuesday night. That host wants the August specials but is not likely to close by the next day. If HER customers order online after Sept. 1, would THEY be charged $4.75? No, he says, they would be charged $4.50. So if it works for my August show, why doesn't it work in reverse for my September show?They encourage us to be "green by the 15th" but when we do ... it just makes everything confusing, especially for larger shows.Finally, I asked about the September pantry incentive. Maybe I shouldn't have asked this rep (he was a techie after all) but he thought the flyer said we could give them any 5 items! I said I thought that was less confusing because I couldn't see telling my host that she can't have the Asian seasoning and the Southwest because they are both spices, and not a spice and a rub. But that is exactly what I need to tell her!Grrr! So confusing!

Maybe this will make you feel better:

I spoke with a Scentsy friend of mine, and she told me that she is not allowed to order samples of the new scents/products until the first day of the season (September 1st)! Talk about hindering your consultants. That means you can't even schedule a show for about the first week of the month, because you can't show your new products. And with that kind of a business, you can't really rely on the catalog to do your selling.

I know the shipping is frustrating, but I thought this might help you feel better. :)

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I held my Fall Preview show Friday night, and it will be a September show, submitting September 1st. I'll eat the $2 in shipping costs, but I thought I was crazy! LOL!

NooraK said:

I spoke with a Scentsy friend of mine, and she told me that she is not allowed to order samples of the new scents/products until the first day of the season (September 1st)! Talk about hindering your consultants. That means you can't even schedule a show for about the first week of the month, because you can't show your new products. And with that kind of a business, you can't really rely on the catalog to do your selling.

I know the shipping is frustrating, but I thought this might help you feel better. :)

That definitely would make the $0.25 price difference seem insignificant. now as long as they charge the right prices on the PRODUCTS that have price changes for early-viewed September shows....then we're ok!

Oh the price difference is insignificant to me ... I'm more upset about the host specials and the confusion over them.And I will NEVER sell Scentsy!

NooraK said:

Noora... this can't be true... I'm a Scentsy addict and my consultant brought over all the new scents from the new catalog for me 2 weeks ago.

vanscootin said:
Noora... this can't be true... I'm a Scentsy addict and my consultant brought over all the new scents from the new catalog for me 2 weeks ago.

Well, she told me that if you wanted to get the samples in advance, you'd have to go to conference, and you would get them there. She is a hobby consultant, and cannot justify the expense of attending conference in order to get the samples.

I was curious to see their new solid perfumes.

Well, now my past host wants a total ... and another previous host (not the "past host" but somebody with a discount) is adding onto her $200 order. Tried to enter the past host's horder for a knife block but the code didn't work. Good thing I have access to the specials and e-mailed them to myself at work! And good thing I don't rely on P3 for totals.I wonder if the past host can place her order online like other guests do.

I got an online order today for one of my Sept shows and it did charge the correct shipping. The one I got the other day did not.

1. Why is the shipping rate not showing correctly during the September Show?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be due to an error in the shipping rate calculation, incorrect settings in your shipping options, or a glitch in the system. It's best to check your shipping settings and contact the event organizers for further assistance.

2. How do I fix the issue of incorrect shipping rates during the September Show?

First, double check your shipping settings to make sure they are accurate. If the rates are still not showing correctly, reach out to the event organizers for help. They may need to adjust the shipping options or troubleshoot any technical issues.

3. Are other attendees experiencing the same problem with shipping rates during the September Show?

It's possible that other attendees are also encountering the same issue. You can reach out to the event organizers or check online forums to see if others are reporting the same problem. This can help determine if it's a widespread issue or specific to your account.

4. Will I be charged the incorrect shipping rate if I make a purchase during the September Show?

No, you will not be charged the incorrect shipping rate. The final shipping rate will be adjusted at checkout to reflect the correct amount. If you have any concerns, you can contact the event organizers for clarification.

5. Can I still make a purchase during the September Show if the shipping rate is not showing correctly?

Yes, you can still make a purchase during the September Show even if the shipping rate is not showing correctly. The final shipping rate will be adjusted at checkout. If you have any concerns, you can contact the event organizers for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesikaransom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedval
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • JanisF