• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frequent Missing and Extra Orders: How is it Handled?

In summary, it seems as though there is a higher chance for something to be missing when hosts have a lot of guests because sometimes the hosts don't have time to go through every box, especially if there are a lot of guests. However, if hosts sort the order right away and notify the consultant about any problems, then customers shouldn't be too upset.
ChefJami83
Is this frequent? I am new to PC, my 30 days was up yesterday. I had an order that was missing one item. I filled out the form online and within days it was here. My host of my biggest show thus far, received the orders from her show and is missing 4 things, but received an extra garlic press. lol She isn't upset but I could see this really upsetting some customers. Doesn't it happen often or did my two hosts get lucky? :) lol She also mentioned it seemed as the stoneware boxes were open. How do they handle extra products received? Do they send us something to mail it back or do we pay shipping? Thanks!

Last edited:
ChefJami83 said:
Is this frequent? I am new to PC, my 30 days was up yesterday. I had an order that was missing one item. I filled out the form online and within days it was here.

My host of my biggest show thus far, received the orders from her show and is missing 4 things, but received an extra garlic press. lol She isn't upset but I could see this really upsetting some customers. Doesn't it happen often or did my two hosts get lucky? :) lol

Also, how do they handle extra products received? Do they send us something to mail it back or do we pay shipping?

Thanks!

It really doesn't happen often. They've gotten "lucky". They usually send FedEx to pick up the extra item the next business day. In my experience they sometimes ask if we want to buy the item, too (or just keep it). One of my past hosts ordered the half price option that included 3 of the honing knives (chef's, utility, and paring). She got utility & 2 paring knives. When I called pc to tell them about it. They told her to keep the 2nd paring knife & the chef's knife was on it's way. You just never know.

Keep in mind that there are "real" people filling these orders and not automated machines. Mistakes happen, PC takes care of it promptly and usually without question. Just tell your hosts that if anything is missing from their order to let you know promptly so you can take care of any mistakes. I've never had a problem with hosts or customers getting upset over it. Stuff happens. As long as its taken care of it should be all good.

It happens about 50% of the time with me. It gets frustrating after a while.

I don't have it happen that often at all. I explain to my hosts when we close her show that humans pack our boxes so sometimes things are missing or things are there that shouldn't be, so they should let me know right away and PC will take care of it at no cost to them. I also tell them that the boxes sit on the dock, the FedEx truck backs in and fills up and when the truck is full, they close the door--which means sometimes your boxes will arrive on separate days. This "brags the objection" right away and no one is bothered because they are expecting it to happen.If the host sorts the order right away and lets you know about any problems right away, then no other customers should be upset because she'll likely have the replacements on her doorstep before she even has a chance to distribute the orders to her guests. (You can process these types of adjustments online any time day or night). And since you prepared her for what could happen, she's not upset.Again, your attitude about it all makes a huge difference.ETA--I had another thing happen recently. I did an adjustment for my sister on her Mesh Colander Set. Well, the new colander set arrived in one box and she received a second box with a Nylon Tool Set. The label on the box had her info, but the slip inside had a customer's name and address in Ohio. I called the Solution Center to let them know and they said to let her keep the set and they will ship out the replacement to the correct customer. In my experience, they usually let you keep the "wrong" item.

Before I started with PC, when I hosted my last party, it was short an item... then I've had 2 of my 6 shows since I became a consultant be short items... In my opinion, it happens more often than it should. You'd think they had some sort of quality check or something so that this wasn't happening.

Phew...I am new as well this was my second show and one of my friends curious to see how the boxes came packed up I went to help her unload. At my kickoff show the deliveries came without the slips for the guests. I just assumed it was because I was a consultant. I wanted to help her because the order was over 900. We had a cookie press and a deep dish pie plate not there. Now the deep dish pie plates 2 were ordered same person for gifts and one was missing which was werid they were different line items so I assume that is maybe why it wasn't listed qty2 on the packing slip. Also on one of those slips one of the people was missing an item she ordered we had a left over sauce saying where is this missing. So I checked my P+ and it was for an online order that is imported (properly). Not sure how that mistake happened. Just placed an adjustment...YAY of course this is to a person who was worried about her pie plates and gifts...UGH

Just got a show missing 2 spices, the holiday bowl, and a cook book. I wish they could double check the orders; it is so frustrating.

If you notice it happening with more frequency I would shoot an email off to the Customer Solutions Center- they are very responsive.I have only received short/incorrect items about twice in my two years of business, so in my experience it's the exception much more than the rule. And it typically does work out in the customer's favor when incorrect items are included- they typically do tell you to keep them.

kdangel518 said:
If you notice it happening with more frequency I would shoot an email off to the Customer Solutions Center- they are very responsive.

I have only received short/incorrect items about twice in my two years of business, so in my experience it's the exception much more than the rule. And it typically does work out in the customer's favor when incorrect items are included- they typically do tell you to keep them.

Yes, I'll do that. They have never told me to keep anything though. 3 times I had to send back extra things that came. Maybe my luck will get better, or maybe it was because they were huge parties, who knows...

I seem to remember that it happens more frequently this time of year. My guess is that they hire extra people because of the increased volume of sales, so you've got a lot of new people on the job right now.

1. How does Pampered Chef handle frequent missing orders?

Pampered Chef takes missing orders very seriously and has a dedicated team that works to resolve these issues promptly. The first step is to contact our customer service team and provide your order information. They will investigate and work to provide a solution, which may include reshipping the missing items or issuing a refund.

2. What happens if an extra order is received?

If you receive an extra order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will provide instructions for returning the extra items or may ask you to keep them as a gift from us. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your honesty in reporting the extra order.

3. How long does it take for missing orders to be resolved?

Our customer service team works diligently to resolve missing order issues as quickly as possible. The resolution time may vary depending on the specific circumstances, but we strive to provide a solution within 3-5 business days.

4. Are there any fees associated with resolving missing or extra orders?

No, there are no fees for resolving missing or extra orders. We want to ensure that you receive the products you ordered and are satisfied with your Pampered Chef experience.

5. Can I cancel my order if it is frequently missing items or receiving extra items?

Yes, if you are experiencing frequent issues with missing or extra orders, please contact our customer service team to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience and will work to resolve the issue for future orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SandiLeigh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • LibrarianChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • dancedivine