• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Handle This? Online Order Didn't Go Through Show.

In summary, the guest bypassed the host box on my web page, ordered items that couldn't have been ordered on a show, and then sent the confirmation e-mail to the host. I explained it to the host and they were not happy.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I had a show today and my host mentioned that her SIL placed an online order but she didn't see it come through, and I also hadn't seen it come through. However... I did see an individual order come through my website earlier this week, a name I didn't recognize, and I'm not getting HO leads this month. Sure enough, it was her SIL.

Problem is, not only did she not order through my host's show, she also order some HWC and outlet items- I think she only ordered one item that she would have been able to get through the show.

What would you do for the host in this instance? I want her to receive SOME sort of credit for the sale, it's not her fault that her SIL didn't order through her show... I was thinking about just tacking the extra sale onto her show total at the end if it would put her into the next level of host benefits, but would you only count the regular item, not the HWC or outlet items?

Or would you take another approach all together?

TIA!

That's a tough one. Because in one case, the SIL ordered things that couldn't have been ordered on a show to begin with. But on the other side, why should you have to cover for her mistake? Possibly if the actual item she ordered that would have been on the show was enough to get her to the next level I would do something for her.

First, this was not your mistake, so you are not obligated to do anything at all except explain what happened to your host. That said, I would take a look at what would have actually counted toward the show. If that would not have pushed the show into the next level, I'd explain that and offer nothing. If it was enough to place her show in the next level, that's a different matter. Again, you aren't obligated to do anything at all. I generally have a handful of orders waiting for "the next time you have a show that needs a little something." I'd explain everything to the host and let her know that I was adding this order so that she wouldn't be penalized for her SIL's error.

I agree with the above. It may not even matter, but I would tell the host so that she knows her SIL tried to order through her show. I also think right now there may be a little glitch with the HWC stuff. If she clicked on Products (vs Order Online), she may have gotten into the HWC products which starts on individual order (not through a show) without having to verify that she was not trying to order through a show. I may be wrong though.

I just had the same situation. The guest went to my web page, clicked on the HWC link & never got the host box. She ordered outlet & HWC items & ONE catalog item. Then sent the confirmation e-mail to the host so that she could "get credit" for the sale. I explained it to them both. The guest went back & looked, but the "cancel" button was already gone as HO had already processed the order. The guest wasn't willing to re-do her order, refuse the original order & ask for a refund later. She opted to use it as a learning experience & stick with the items that she ordered. The host was NOT very happy. But, I had explained to her in my host coaching to make sure that she sent out the online invitation to the show with the clickable link ... I even went so far as to explain to her that if they went to my page & bypassed the host box, that the order goes straight to HO and not to me and that she wouldn't get credit. She didn't relay that to her guests. She just lost a $61 sale. :(

1. What should I do if my online order didn't go through?

If your online order did not go through, please try refreshing the page and re-entering your payment information. If the issue persists, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I cancel or make changes to an online order that didn't go through?

If your online order did not go through, you may still be able to make changes or cancel it depending on the status of the order. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible to see if changes can be made.

3. Will I still be charged for an online order that didn't go through?

If your online order didn't go through, you should not be charged for it. However, if you see a charge on your account, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. How long does it take for an online order to go through?

The time it takes for an online order to go through can vary, but typically it should only take a few minutes. If your order is taking longer, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I still receive the items from an online order that didn't go through?

If your online order didn't go through, you will not receive the items. However, you may still be able to place a new order for the items. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedberry
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedberry
  • Kristianne