• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Extras: Missing & Mystery Items Explained

In summary, one of my hosts received extra items that she wasn't expecting and doesn't know what they are.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
A day or two ago, one of my hosts had just divided up her order and emailed me to say that there was an item missing from her order and several "extra" items that came and weren't on any of the order slips. I told her we could get it all remedied and just to let me know what was MISSING and what was EXTRA.

I heard back today and all she addressed was the missing item (which had been direct shipped and she didn't realize it). Then she asked me if I had ordered anything extra since I didn't give her a copy of my receipt.

I may be TOTALLY wrong, but I'm getting the distinct impression she doesn't want me to know what the extra items are and just wants to see if there's any way of me knowing what they are already. I probably shouldn't even be concerned about it as long as everyone got what they ordered and MY DEBIT CARD doesn't get charged for something extra. Is that a possibility??? Has anyone else had something like this where the host just pocketed PCs extras without saying what they are? I told her that PC could send a pre-paid return shipping label and since then I've heard nothing, it just feels a little odd.

When I've had a host mention extras, it's usually little things that HO says to keep when I call (they cost less than the pickup would).That's a tough situation - you don't want to get on your host's bad side by accusing her (or having her think that's what you're doing) of keeping things, but you really need to know what it is to HO can make the determination about returning them.

I had this happen with a recent host too. I spoke to her about getting together to give her all the receipts. She said she would like to give out everything first and then get them. The point was to see her before she gave it out. Anyway, then she contacted me asking if I could just email them to her, so she could keep track of all the doubles. She claimed it didn't list all the doubles on the packing slip. There was only 2 doubles in the whole order, so I am thinking she had more and didn't let on.
Some people just are dishonest, I can't really be sure she was, but I kind of think so.

I have noticed that the HO sometimes will send "extras" to the host. I'm not sure why or what the incentives are, but I know that they do KNOWINGLY send extras sometimes that I DID NOT ORDER ON PAMPERED PARTNER PLUS... One of my other hosts got a small batter bowl with a small colored piece of paper that said something along the lines of "complimentary host gift" or something of that nature... she even showed me the printout of the red piece of paper that it got shipped with.... i can't remember the exact wording now.

I agree--if there's a note, "These 5 extra items are a complimentary gift to the hostess" that's great. If she brings them up again I may ask her to look for a note.

I guess I don't need to worry over it--as long I don't get charged for the extras. She did have like 14 people order, so she would be a wonderful host to receive a complimentary gift. I really hope that's what happened and that she will find her note from HO today. :D

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and shared experiences. What a wonderful community we have here! :love:

Some months PC offers a bonus to the hosts if they have 12 guests or more (see host bonus sheet for the month). Also the special in October was 2 of the oven mitts or 2 of the towels for a reduced price and they are listed as 1 on the special number and in reality they are 2 items.

Don't know if any of these fell into play.

I'll have to check the guest special, but I definitely included the 12 or more bonus. She was excited about that!

I thought it was weird when I put the last show that got delivered to me for a host that they put one of the mitts on the hosts order and the other on the guest who ordered 2. Good thing I was putting the orders in the bag and realized what happened. I rechecked my sales receipts and only 1 guest ordered 2 of the oven mitts as one special number.

My first order was dlvd to the host last week & it had two extra easy read mini measure cups. I thought maybe HO was testing my honesty since it was my first order. I called & they said to keep them no charge.

I have had this happen twice. HO sent Fedex to pick up the Stainless Mixing Bowl and sent a label for the strainer to be returned.

Imagine the money they loose when dishonest Cons do not return them. I looked and they were not on the packing list either.

I had an EX-consultant tell me she would have kept them when I told her about it. I told her God would not bless my business if I did something like that. She said you are right but I probably still would have kept them:eek: I thought to myself maybe that is why you are an "EX-consultant.":rolleyes:

I just thought I'd give an update: the items were an extra chipotle seasoning and the bamboo salad tongs. But there are also two items missing: #2798 lid set and a guacamole seasoning. So I'll just call them here in a few minutes and see what to do.

jrstephens said:
I have had this happen twice. HO sent Fedex to pick up the Stainless Mixing Bowl and sent a label for the strainer to be returned.

:eek: WOW! Those were two very big and expensive extras. It's a good thing the hosts were honest about them. :thumbup:

I've had HO tell a host to keep a nylon tool set before. It depends how much they are inconvenienced and how honest they are......good luck...

I just had a host's shippment sent to my house because she lived close and I offered to bag everything for her. These extras were in her shippment...a pastry mat, forged cutlery utility knife, and the bakers roller. Needless to say I contacted HO and they had a return label in my mailbox within days. That would have been an expensive mistake if the host had not reported it.

Wow, Amy and Jennifer--those were expensive items to just ignore! With the holidays upon us we need to be very careful about going through the orders. Good thing you offered to do the bagging. I do that alot for close by customers who work during the day.

On my Open House order in September they sent these things extra; a Van Carafe, Prep Bowl set, Bamboo Spoon Set, Salad & Berry Spinner, Jamaican Jerk seasoning, Bamboo Tongs, All-Purpose Spreader, AND just the lid for the Lg. Micro-Cooker. All of this stuff!! I can't believe they sent an expired item. That whole show shipping was screwy though. They sent it 3 times before getting it right.

And yes, I sent it all back to PC.

What are the "Extras Coming With Order"?

"Extras Coming With Order" are additional items that are included with your purchase as a special offer from Pampered Chef. These items may vary and change depending on current promotions.

Do I have to pay for the "Extras Coming With Order"?

No, the "Extras Coming With Order" are included for free with your purchase. They are our way of saying thank you for choosing Pampered Chef.

Can I choose which "Extras Coming With Order" I receive?

The "Extras Coming With Order" are pre-selected and cannot be changed. However, we strive to offer a variety of useful and high-quality items for our customers.

How do I know if my order qualifies for "Extras Coming With Order"?

If your order meets the requirements for the current promotion, the "Extras Coming With Order" will automatically be added to your cart at checkout.

Can I return or exchange the "Extras Coming With Order"?

The "Extras Coming With Order" cannot be returned or exchanged separately. However, if you are unsatisfied with your entire order, our customer service team will be happy to assist you with a return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJami83
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dancedivine
  • Kristianne