• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!

In summary, the consultant would give the host an extra $15 in products if they booked and held their show right then and there. If the show was not a qualified show, the consultant would owe the host nothing. If the show was a qualified show, the consultant would take the host order and subtract the half-priced and host bonus items from it. The remaining amount would be the amount the consultant would owe the host.
babywings76
Gold Member
I did a booth where if people booked right then and there and held their show, they would get an extra $15 in products at the close of their show.

For some very odd reason, my brain just isn't functioning correctly right now. How do I total things up for her? How should I calculate what I'm paying for? It isn't just a straight $15 right?--because I get the advantage of her host discount.

And now I'm struggling with what to do w/ this host. Her show was in December and she just didn't get enough orders for it to count as a show. She just left me a message saying she is ready to close her show, but wasn't able to get that last person she was checking with to order anything. I have a couple orders that people have told me about that I could add to the show and then have it shipped to me. Should I just keep her as the host, have it shipped to me, just give her the $15 promised from the booth and that's it? Or give her all the host rewards as if she did just fine? This girl is a potential recruit (although I don't know if it will really happen--that's another story.)

I would take her total order, and calculate what she owes. Meaning, take out whatever she's getting half priced and as a host bonus first. Then take the items left over and subtract the FPV she earned from HO. Then subtract your extra $15. Then take whatever discount she gets. Add that number to what she owes for her half-priced and host bonus items, and tha's the total she owes. Your share is whatever's left over.

Or, you could put in your outside orders, and that could be the extra $15 you promised her, since she didn't actually earn anything.

What about totaling her host order of all the things she's buying/getting....but do NOT include the $15 product(s) you are giving her as extra. She pays you. THEN you add on the $15 products, and you are paying the remaining balance owed then and enter that amount as the "Consultant Gift". That way you are getting it with the Host Discount as well, but it's not getting mixed in with her other stuff.

babywings76 said:
I did a booth where if people booked right then and there and held their show, they would get an extra $15 in products at the close of their show.

For some very odd reason, my brain just isn't functioning correctly right now. How do I total things up for her? How should I calculate what I'm paying for? It isn't just a straight $15 right?--because I get the advantage of her host discount.

And now I'm struggling with what to do w/ this host. Her show was in December and she just didn't get enough orders for it to count as a show. She just left me a message saying she is ready to close her show, but wasn't able to get that last person she was checking with to order anything. I have a couple orders that people have told me about that I could add to the show and then have it shipped to me. Should I just keep her as the host, have it shipped to me, just give her the $15 promised from the booth and that's it? Or give her all the host rewards as if she did just fine? This girl is a potential recruit (although I don't know if it will really happen--that's another story.)
So she didn't have at least $150 in sales on her show/it's not a qualified show? If that is the case you owe her nothing. You said she'd get it for booking and HOLDING the show. If it isn't a show she doesn't get the benefit.

I would always make at least $300 the minimum a show has to be to get whatever you are giving.

If I am misunderstanding...

How to calculate what you are paying when you give free product: Have her list her 1/2, 60% off and free items. Figure out what she owes. Then ask what she wants for the $15 free. Add it to her host order and the program will subtract her discount giving you the amount you owe for the item. Or just have her tell you what she wants right away but don't add it to her order until after you have her total due. What I do is print off the receipt without the extra gift on it and write it in as "gift". HO would see that it was on her order if she needs to process a return and you can always print a receipt then if needed. That way she doesn't think you didn't give her what you promised but you aren't spending as much out of pocket.

esavvymom said:
What about totaling her host order of all the things she's buying/getting....but do NOT include the $15 product(s) you are giving her as extra. She pays you. THEN you add on the $15 products, and you are paying the remaining balance owed then and enter that amount as the "Consultant Gift". That way you are getting it with the Host Discount as well, but it's not getting mixed in with her other stuff.

This is what I would do. I sometimes offer extra free to hosts when I do a bingo or something. It's $15 in products. But, if she's at 20%. You pay $12+tax.

I think what you need to do to make it fair to you and for her to feel okay about the situation is:

Have her order as a guest the things she wants that will get her show to $150 so it is indeed a show. Then she'll get $15 in free products and a 15% discount, plus the host 60% off special. Then she can get her $15 free, and your $15 product but you pay it at the 15% discount (12.75). If she is unable to do that, she needs to understand that it isn't a show so she can't get the host benefits which include the $15 you offered. You could ask her if she'd like to try again, perhaps in Feb. or March when the new products come out. You could let her know when her show reaches $300 she'll get the $15 free product. If she's a potential recruit, you need to show her how to handle difficult situations and that this is your job, you are not here to hand out goodies when they haven't been earned.

I misunderstood- not realizing it wasn't a "show" YET. So in that case, my suggestion won't exactly work until she IS at the $150. If she doesn't get there with her own order or other outside orders, then you don't owe her anything- because by definition, it isn't a show. Or you could offer her a smaller amount and a free Season's Best. :)Or you can add some orders you may have or get to the show. Then she gets the minimum $150, and will get the $15 FPV from PC. If YOU are adding other orders though, I wouldn't give her anything else...that would be all I'd give - the orders to get her to that minimum show level.

LOL Okay, see?!!! I knew there was a reason I was going nuts! ;)I do have 2 orders I could add, but she'd still be short about $14. I'm just trying to prepare myself for different scenarios so when I call her back I'm prepared. I don't know if she can afford to add an order of her own to make it count. She might, though, so we'll see what she says when I tell her the options.I guess another reason why I was confused on how to calculate what she would owe was because if I say she has $30 free (15 from PC and 15 from me), and she wants a $40 item, it's not so clear cut how to handle it. The program handles it beautifully, it's just me who messes things up because of having to pay part of it. I don't know if she has a specific $15 item in mind, so no matter what I need to be able to handle figuring out what my share is. So I guess, it's always going to be $12.75 that I'll pay because of her 15% discount. Right?I think because she did host and did have people there (3 guests) she should still get something. If she adds an order of her own to get it to count, then she'll get everything, obviously. If she doesn't, then I'll add a couple orders to it to help her out. She'll have to still order something though, because my orders aren't enough. So then I'm thinking I'll just give her the $15 "from me" (but really it'll be the $15 from PC)--does that sound right? Because if I'm throwing orders her way and she didn't really have enough to count as a show, then she didn't earn it. But on the flip side, if she's shelling out her own money to get it to qualify, then maybe she'll feel like she should? What if she asks me if she can use her $15 from me on getting it to count? I'm thinking of letting her, but do you think it's bad for me to do that? I'm just trying to figure out how to get all this to feel fair to her. AAAAHHHHHH! :blushing:

babywings76 said:
LOL Okay, see?!!! I knew there was a reason I was going nuts! ;)

I do have 2 orders I could add, but she'd still be short about $14. I'm just trying to prepare myself for different scenarios so when I call her back I'm prepared. I don't know if she can afford to add an order of her own to make it count. She might, though, so we'll see what she says when I tell her the options.

I guess another reason why I was confused on how to calculate what she would owe was because if I say she has $30 free (15 from PC and 15 from me), and she wants a $40 item, it's not so clear cut how to handle it. The program handles it beautifully, it's just me who messes things up because of having to pay part of it.

I don't know if she has a specific $15 item in mind, so no matter what I need to be able to handle figuring out what my share is. So I guess, it's always going to be $12.75 that I'll pay because of her 15% discount. Right?

I think because she did host and did have people there (3 guests) she should still get something. If she adds an order of her own to get it to count, then she'll get everything, obviously. If she doesn't, then I'll add a couple orders to it to help her out. She'll have to still order something though, because my orders aren't enough. So then I'm thinking I'll just give her the $15 "from me" (but really it'll be the $15 from PC)--does that sound right? Because if I'm throwing orders her way and she didn't really have enough to count as a show, then she didn't earn it. But on the flip side, if she's shelling out her own money to get it to qualify, then maybe she'll feel like she should?

What if she asks me if she can use her $15 from me on getting it to count? I'm thinking of letting her, but do you think it's bad for me to do that? I'm just trying to figure out how to get all this to feel fair to her.

AAAAHHHHHH! :blushing:

NO! She did not do what she said she'd do. You don't owe her or need to feel fair. Just by giving her your orders you are helping her. You are being more than generous.

Think about it:

You said book and hold a SHOW and I'll give you $15 products.
She did (didn't you say in DECEMBER?) but it still isn't a SHOW.
If she doesn't make it a show (get to $150 in guest sales you don't have to give her anything - she did not earn it.
By giving her your orders and having her add a small item to the show YOU will get her the show benefits which are:
her choice of the 60% off item, $15 free and 15% off everything else

That is more than she earned so you are already more than fair. Stop worrying about it.

If she argues it just tell her that you are helping her with your orders and she IS getting $15 free that she would not have gotten without your orders.

I don't help them make a show. If they have already qualified as a show & I have extra orders, I'm more than willing to add the orders & try to help boost them into a new level. But actually qualifying as a show is their job, not mine. ;)

When I book the shows, I explain that it takes $150 to make a show. That way, if they didn't hit the $150 level they already know that they don't qualify for host benefits. Having already explained that, my host would not get the extra $15 if they didn't qualify as a show.

If they do qualify as a show, I make it simple so they are not confused. Total - FPV - my incentive = subtotal - PC discount = new subtotal + 1/2 priced & 60% off item(s) = amount owed. I make sure that they see the $15 come off the total so they don't feel like I cheated or deceived them in some way. And some really WILL look at that small % as having been cheated. I'd rather have a happy host than someone who walks away scratching their head wondering if they got a fair deal or not. ;)

Sheila said:
I don't help them make a show. If they have already qualified as a show & I have extra orders, I'm more than willing to add the orders & try to help boost them into a new level. But actually qualifying as a show is their job, not mine. ;)

When I book the shows, I explain that it takes $150 to make a show. That way, if they didn't hit the $150 level they already know that they don't qualify for host benefits. Having already explained that, my host would not get the extra $15 if they didn't qualify as a show.

If they do qualify as a show, I make it simple so they are not confused. Total - FPV - my incentive = subtotal - PC discount = new subtotal + 1/2 priced & 60% off item(s) = amount owed. I make sure that they see the $15 come off the total so they don't feel like I cheated or deceived them in some way. And some really WILL look at that small % as having been cheated. I'd rather have a happy host than someone who walks away scratching their head wondering if they got a fair deal or not. ;)

So you put in $15 as a Consultant Gift? In the past I've just done that, but then when people talked about how you can give people $15 but it really doesn't cost you that because of their discount, it made me rethink what I did and I thought maybe I had been doing things wrong. Well, not necessarily wrong, but not the smartest way to my bottom line. KWIM?

Yes, I just do $15 Consultant Gift so that the Host can see their "prize" without a lot of explaining.

If I'm doing a % off, I take it off the final total which includes direct shipping amount too. It's much easier than trying to explain stuff! :D

It's all a tax write off as an expense for the year. And, my hosts/guests who are getting an extra incentive feel like they got the whole incentive. I never have anybody question what I'm doing. ;)

I had all the math typed out, but my browser locked up on me and I lost it.Basically, if you take Sheila's formula, with a hypothetical show of $500 where the host wants $150 in products, a $30 and a $25 item at half price, and the Rectangular Baker (for a January Show), and compare it to what P3 would say, your $15 discount ends up really being $12 out of your pocket.Not quite sure how you would put it on the receipt in a way that they don't see it's not as much out of your pocket, but I've seen consultants put disclaimers on their coupons on how it's calculated along the lines of "Discount applies to full price of product after Free Product Value is redeemed, prior to any additional discounts"

I agree with not giving her anything- she didn't get the required number of sales. I will help hosts who have helped and worked for me, but I don't typically help those that couldn't get $150 in sales.

Here, I went back & did the math.

Let's say it's a $300 show, they've picked $100 in regular priced items, $25 is their 1/2 priced amount & $20 is their 60% off price.

Without an incentive: $100 - $40 (FPV) = $60 (Subtotal) - $12 (20% off) = $48 (Subtotal) + $25 (50% off item) + $20 (60% off item) = $93 Due

Calculated as an extra $15 in FPV: $100 - $40 (FPV) - $15 (Consultant Incentive) = $45 - $9.00 (20%) = $36 (Subtotal) + $25 (50% off item) + $20 (60% off item) = $81 Due (Customer sees a $12 savings - which is what the consultant is paying)

Doing a $15 Consultant gift: $100 - $40 (FPV) = $60 - $12.00 (20%) = $48 (Subtotal) + $25 (50% off item) + $20 (60% off item) = $78 Due (Customer sees a $15 savings - which is what the consultant is paying)​
Technically, having it at the top as extra FPV like PC does would be correct, because you gave them an extra $15 in Free Product Value like you said.

I choose to do it where they pay $78 so that they are getting a $15 Consultant Gift. It doesn't mean that everyone should conform to how I do it ... I'm just explaining why I choose to use this method ;) ... on a $300 show, your paycheck will be a minimum of $60. I see the extra $3 gift as being worth it. Happy Hosts mean return hosts AND referrals! How much residual income could I make off that $3 investment? It's worth the gamble to me! :p I'd rather know that the host is happy and telling everyone about her happy experience than to take the chance that the host might be that ONE person who walks away mad & fusses to others about how they were cheated out of $3. And we ALL know from experience and from reading here that those hosts DO exist! :rolleyes: And what if the odds are horrible and I go through 10 $3 hosts before I get a referral? I've invested $30, have a new show & what if this host turns out a $1,000 show? (Plus, I make more than the minimum 20% ... so I make a bigger profit off each show.)

Hey, Noora had the same idea as me, I just got sidetracked feeding lunch to my munchkins & it took me longer to post! LOL

I agree with everyone else... if she did not have a show that qualifed don't give her the addition product she didn't earn it. And if your adding order's to her show to make it a show don't do that either. Rember your in this to make moiney not spend it. :)

If the hostess get's upset why she isn't getting an extra $15.00 in free product just explain to her that becasue her show is n't $150.00 it did not qaulify for the additional free product that you were offering during the event that you did.

I would also in the future make minimums on the dollar amount the show needs to be. IE $300.00 or $400.00 etc!

Hope that helps!!!

If (and that's a big IF) she qualifies as a show (DO NOT give her any extra benefits if she doesn't qualify!) I normally tell them they can pick any item up to $15 FREE. This way I calculate their total up as is and then throw in the extra item from me. I make it one item as not to get confused and try to figure out which way to calculate it. They know their product is worth $15 and I've never had one complain that it shows me paying less than that for their item.

Now onto her qualifying. If you give her your orders, just give her the $15 PC hospitality bonus as her bonus item and then the unlimited discount. She did not work for a party and should feel lucky to still get something out of it. Of course there is the issue of how to get her to $150 even with the orders you add. She's still getting $15 out of it for hosting a show but do not give her anything extra on top of that because she didn't actually qualify.

wadesgirl said:
If (and that's a big IF) she qualifies as a show (DO NOT give her any extra benefits if she doesn't qualify!) I normally tell them they can pick any item up to $15 FREE. This way I calculate their total up as is and then throw in the extra item from me. I make it one item as not to get confused and try to figure out which way to calculate it. They know their product is worth $15 and I've never had one complain that it shows me paying less than that for their item.

Now onto her qualifying. If you give her your orders, just give her the $15 PC hospitality bonus as her bonus item and then the unlimited discount. She did not work for a party and should feel lucky to still get something out of it. Of course there is the issue of how to get her to $150 even with the orders you add. She's still getting $15 out of it for hosting a show but do not give her anything extra on top of that because she didn't actually qualify.

Exactly. Oh, and she can also choose the 60% off item so she's making out just fine with your help. If she argues that you owe her, remind her that you gave her orders to get her ANY host benefits. She should be grateful for that.

Keep it simple when offering awards. I usually give an extra % off their host discount if I am offering a deal for bookings. That makes it easy. I do graduated. For example I might do: up to $200 get extra 10% off, $201 to $500 guest sales gets extra 15% and over $500 gets unlimited 50% off.

It's easy to figure out, especially the 50% off - just mark everything at 1/2 price on P3. Print that off so they see where you got their total. Then go back and unmark the extra half price items. The difference is your part. It's surprising how little I need to spend (host discount took most of the cost) on that deal and they are really happy. When I give them the receipts I mark the one with all the 1/2 price "how I figured your cost - shows all your 1/2 price" and the other "official receipt - this is what was submitted to Pampered Chef" - I clearly have their total pd and consultant gift for the rest. They are ALWAYS happy and grateful - no one has ever questioned it.

Well now I don't know what's going to happen. I called her back and asked her if she had any more orders. She said no and for me to just go ahead and close with what she has. I told her that it wasn't enough for a show. She is contemplating placing her own order to get it to count, but she doesn't get paid till next week. I told her that unfortunately I can't submit the show unless I have the payments in. She said she'd call her bank and call me back in 15 minutes. Well....haven't heard back.ETA: This was last night around 7pm or so.

She's going to call her bank? Bwahaha!

Sounds like she needs to just come up with the money for a consultant kit & start making money so she can afford the little luxuries in life. ;)

Exactly. She said she wants to sign and plans on it, but just needs to have enough money for the kit. She wants the full kit, too, not the mini kit, so it's going to be a few months. But if she can only round up 2 orders out of everyone she knows and not get enough to have a show count, I don't know if it's going to work out for her. She may also just be saying these things, but really have no intention of signing. She might just be leading me on...

You never know girl. Some people can be horrible hosts but still make great consultants! :D

babywings76 said:
Exactly. She said she wants to sign and plans on it, but just needs to have enough money for the kit. She wants the full kit, too, not the mini kit, so it's going to be a few months. But if she can only round up 2 orders out of everyone she knows and not get enough to have a show count, I don't know if it's going to work out for her. She may also just be saying these things, but really have no intention of signing. She might just be leading me on...

Don't prejudge her on this one! You never know, maybe her friends really are broke and cannot place an order but she could be an excellent consultant.

wadesgirl said:
Don't prejudge her on this one! You never know, maybe her friends really are broke and cannot place an order but she could be an excellent consultant.

I'm really not trying to prejudge her. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the different ways this could go. I would love to have her sign, because when we do talk on the phone, she seems like a nice girl who could really benefit from the business.

It's just that this party had been cancelled at the last minute and then rescheduled. Then she told me 8 people were coming and only 3 were there. Then she didn't get a single outside order. Now it's the next month and we still don't have a qualifying show.

As far as her starting the business and succeeding, I'm just not going to get overly excited about things only to be disappointed later. I have yet to recruit anyone. Everyone always acts interested, we talk, we go over things, then nothing ever comes of it. I'm just not having luck with this aspect of the business.

I'm hoping she'll sign and hoping that she'll do well. She could do great, but she could also flop. I hope she'll do great because she really could use this business, she really needs help with her finances right now. In my conversations with her, I try to be positive and supportive and helpful. What she needs to do if she signs is to get these friends to have parties and make sure they invite people in different circles, so that right away she can get out of her own circle.

Amanda, let's schedule a time when we can chat by phone! ;)

It's 1:42 AM right now, and I really need to get my bum in the bed!!

Sheila said:
Amanda, let's schedule a time when we can chat by phone! ;)

It's 1:42 AM right now, and I really need to get my bum in the bed!!

I'll send you a PM. :)

What does the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer entail?

The "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer is a special promotion where customers who book a party or show with a Pampered Chef consultant will receive an extra $15 in products on top of their regular host rewards. This offer is only available for a limited time and can be redeemed by booking a party date and inviting at least 10 guests.

How do I redeem the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer?

To redeem this offer, simply book a party or show with a Pampered Chef consultant and make sure to invite at least 10 guests. The consultant will then add an extra $15 in products to your host rewards, which can be used towards any products from our catalog.

Is there a minimum purchase required to qualify for this offer?

No, there is no minimum purchase required to qualify for the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer. As long as you book a party or show and invite at least 10 guests, you will automatically receive the extra $15 in products on top of your regular host rewards.

Can I combine the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer with other promotions or discounts?

Unfortunately, the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can still take advantage of our regular host rewards and any current promotions or specials that are available for your party or show.

When does the "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer end?

The "Book Now & Get an Extra $15 in Products at Your Show!" offer is only available for a limited time. Please check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the specific end date of this promotion. Remember to book your party or show and invite at least 10 guests before the offer ends to take advantage of this special deal!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJami83
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Niki Kate