• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choose Your Preferred Method: Write-In or Itemized | Here You Go Susan!

In summary, the write-ins are easier to use than the itemized forms, but guests may not be aware of the correct price if ordering more than 1 item. The "Let me get you a receipt" time allows guests to ask questions or request items they may have missed.
SusanBP0129
Write in or Itemized? What's your preference?

It's weird because I prefer the write-in but I use the free itemized for fairs. I chose the write-ins though! For shows, I use the outside order forms from CC.;)

I LOVE the write-ins! It is SO much easier to use them then try to show every guest where a certain item is!!!

I like the write in receipts. It is a lot easier on me with everybody's order.

I hope someone from the HO sees this... maybe they can send us the DVD w/ our changeover instead of the itemized forms. :p

SusanBP0129 said:
Write in or Itemized? What's your preference?

Thank you!!!!

I am so torn. My only issue with the write-ins is how do I know if the guest has written in the correct price?

I had a lady last October who did the write-in order forms and when she got to the last line she stopped ordering because she ran out of lines. I offered her another form and she refused. So since then I do the itemized order forms.
Sally Wilhite
Future Director

I tried with the write ins. Last fall they were SO bad, then this year they were better. They are very intimidating for the people and I think they spend too much time looking for stuff. When they know what they want, they can just write it in...I'm going all write-in from now on...

I'm thinking of trying the itemized receipts. I REALLY miss having a wish list for my guests that I can put on PP. I collected that information by what they had marked on their itemized list but did not purchase.

Please, I'd like to hear from those who use the itemized list. What has been the response of your guests? Is it just too much to handle (physically)? Any suggestions on how to make using this format easier?

Thanks in advance for your input.

My guests were very grateful when I switched to the write-ins...most of my guests are repeats and know what they want and find it frustrating to sit there and search for the products on the itemized receipt. I do like that PC offers us a choice so that we can do what is best for our guests.

Write-ins! I only used write-ins because it's so difficult for guests to find items on the itemized. The only problem with write-ins is that you have to verify that the price is correct, especially if ordering more than 1 of any item. I can't stand the itemized, but use them for orders I'm filling out just to try to use them up.

Jeanie Gay

I like write-ins. I only use the free ones (no carbon - ones we print) in my Host Packets for outside order forms. I don't like when consultants do Free/Printed ones at a show. My kick-off show was with a consultant that used the free ones - she said it was more economical for her and "no one likes all the paperwork anyway". My guests were concerned because they left the show without a reciept of their purchase and then I was bummed because I didn't know what all my guests purchased! I was always a Host that sat down that night after everyone left, looked over the orders to see what everyone purchased. But it bothered me that I didn't know who got what from my show until the consultant gave me printed PP receipts before my order came. I vowed I wouldn't do that to my Hosts or customers. Then I use the "Let me get you a receipt" time to say "Hey, are you interested in Hosting a show or learning more about my job?"

Just my input!
Joanne

Our director told us that her show average went up once she started using the write ins.

I started my business using the itemized, then went to ones I did myself, and now to the 3-part write-in ones. I do have guests use the back of their Customer Care Card (I use that instead of the Survey Slip) to jot down items they are interested in - so I have a copy of what they would like but may not have purchased! I found that with the tear-off wish list on the back of the write-in receipt, they either took it with them, or didn't put a name on it - so it doesn't do me much good....but I do like being able to give everyone a copy of their receipt, and have had many people comment on how much better they like the write-in as opposed to the itemized! I guess I don't have any problem with them writing in wrong prices, because I also take my computer to shows and let that do all the adding up work for me:)

Related to Choose Your Preferred Method: Write-In or Itemized | Here You Go Susan!

What is the difference between a write-in and an itemized order?

A write-in order allows the customer to manually enter the name and item number of the product they would like to purchase. An itemized order provides a list of all available products for the customer to choose from.

Which method is quicker to use: write-in or itemized?

An itemized order is generally faster to use as it provides a comprehensive list of products for the customer to choose from. A write-in order may take longer as the customer needs to manually enter the product information.

Can I mix and match between write-in and itemized orders?

Yes, you can mix and match between write-in and itemized orders. This allows for more flexibility and convenience for the customer.

Are there any limitations to using write-in or itemized orders?

There are no limitations to using write-in or itemized orders. However, it is important to make sure that the correct product information is entered for write-in orders to avoid any errors or delays.

How do I know if my order was successfully processed using write-in or itemized?

After completing the order process, a confirmation page will appear with the details of your order. If there were any issues with the order, an error message will appear and you will be prompted to make any necessary corrections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • apriljc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies