• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificates: To DIY or Use Pampered Chef? Your Preference & Why

In summary, Desiree prefers doing her own gift certificates, but finds it easier to understand than most of the people she has spoken with at the home office. She prefers to have a template to make them, and has a log to track the number and name of the certificate.
Kathytnt
I know many of you do different things with gift certificates - Do you prefer doing your own or using PC cerficates? What is your preference and why???

Personally I don't like the PC gift certificates. I do my own. When the person redeams the certificate They usually spend more than the cert. is worth. If this was a PC cert. you wouldn't get commission on the sales over the amount of the cert. When I make up my own not only do I get the commission on the total they spend you can usually talk them into spending more then or at a later date and you have the personal contact with that person. We all know how impersonal a call to the home office can be. I also think I'm easier to understand than most of the people I've talked to at the home office.

dcypcar.chef said:
Personally I don't like the PC gift certificates. I do my own. When the person redeams the certificate They usually spend more than the cert. is worth. If this was a PC cert. you wouldn't get commission on the sales over the amount of the cert. When I make up my own not only do I get the commission on the total they spend you can usually talk them into spending more then or at a later date and you have the personal contact with that person. We all know how impersonal a call to the home office can be. I also think I'm easier to understand than most of the people I've talked to at the home office.

Would you mind sharing the template you use for your gift certificates?

Yes, would you please share your template! I have created an insert for my folders to begin pushing Christmas gifts. One of the things I have on the flyer is a push for Gift Certificates. I would love to have a template to make them up myself!Thanks!

This is my certificate form. I change it up to either be a percentage or the dollar amount. I have a log also that I write the little number in the corner into. I can track it this way by both name and certificate number especially if I don't know who the certificate would be going to like for a gift basket or something.

Attachments

• Coupons.doc
    20 KB · Views: 746
so with your own gift certificates how do you redeme them ???

NiceDesiree,

Thanks for posting - this is much better than mine....

I would assume you pay the difference in what they order minus your gc amount out of your TPC debit account. And write it off as a consultant gift.

How do you have them pay for them - Cash or check rather than use a credit card

The one thing I like is that you can give something to the customer to give to the recipient instead of having it shipped. This way they can hold it until they need it.

If it were me I would tell them if they are going to redeme them then it needs to be in a check or cash, becaue HO won't no that they used a gift certific!!

I agree. But since you are giving say $10 off, don't you have to submit the other $10 to balance your show when they redeem?

Ask for it in cash or check. If you get a check, cash it and keep the cash. Have a piece of paper with the information of the giver and the receiver that you can file - staple the cash to this piece of paper and place it in your gift certificate file. Make sure you put an expiration date on the gift certificate and your piece of paper. When the receiver wants to use the GC, deposit the money. If the GC expires, then you can deposit the money and be done with it.

Thanks Kate!

I reread my posts and realized I never said I planned on using 2 of these as door prizes at my open house tomorrow, so of course I would pay for those!

Thanks that helps me alot!!!!

1. Can I purchase Pampered Chef gift certificates to give as gifts?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef gift certificates to give as gifts. They are available in various denominations and can be used towards any Pampered Chef product or cooking experience.

2. Can I use a Pampered Chef gift certificate to make a purchase online?

Yes, you can use a Pampered Chef gift certificate to make a purchase online. Simply enter the gift certificate code at checkout and the amount will be deducted from your total.

3. Can I use a Pampered Chef gift certificate for a cooking class or party?

Yes, you can use a Pampered Chef gift certificate for a cooking class or party. Our gift certificates can be used towards any Pampered Chef cooking experience, including virtual classes and in-person parties.

4. Can I combine multiple Pampered Chef gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can combine multiple Pampered Chef gift certificates for one purchase. Simply enter the codes for each gift certificate at checkout and the amounts will be combined.

5. Do Pampered Chef gift certificates expire?

No, Pampered Chef gift certificates do not expire. They can be used at any time towards any Pampered Chef product or cooking experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinIA
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
suzyhook
  • augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies