• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Purse Auction Fundraiser: Bid on Filled Purses to Support Your Local Church!

In summary, a "Purse Auction" event is a fundraising event where attendees bid on purses that have been donated for a specific cause or organization. To participate, one must purchase a ticket and bid on the purses at the event. The purses up for auction can vary from designer handbags to locally made bags, and anyone can donate a purse for the event. Rules and guidelines for bidding, such as minimum bid amounts and increments, may vary and should be checked with the event organizer.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A customer who I hope to develop into a hostess is a church secretary ... she's soliciting businesses to donate things for a "purse auction" where people bid on purses that are stuffed with things from local businesses, gift certificates and the like ... the money, of course, goes to the church.

Anyway ... what do you think would be an appropriate gift or coupon? I was thinking about so much off an order or so much free product at a show ...

One of our oh-so-useful small items (like the Easy Opener) and a certificate would be a good pairing. When I give certificates for things like that, I usually do something like $10 off an order of $50 or more; with a statement that if they host a show, it'll change to free ingredients. That may help get you a booking, instead of just a sale.

I got this from a SLAH consultant I worked an event with. She gives an additional amount free if they book a party. Like if you are working an event that requires a silent auction donation donate a certificate for an additional $25 in FREE products at their show.

Course if someone buys the purse that doesn't know about PC it doesn't make a great gift (prize) for them (it could if they took the time to find out about PC).

Make sure you also include a catalog or at least a mini!

Hi there!

It's great to hear that you have a potential hostess who is actively involved in her community and supporting a great cause. In my experience, customers love receiving free products as part of a gift or coupon. You could offer a free product with a minimum purchase or a discount on their first order as a thank you for supporting the purse auction. This not only encourages them to attend your show, but also gives them a chance to try out our products. Another option could be to offer a discount on a future purchase for every guest they bring to the show. This will not only benefit your hostess, but also help increase attendance at your show. I hope these ideas help and I wish you and your hostess all the best for a successful event! Happy cooking!

What is a "Purse Auction" event?

A "Purse Auction" event is a fundraising event where attendees bid on purses that have been donated by individuals or businesses. The proceeds from the event typically go towards a specific cause or organization.

How do I participate in a "Purse Auction" event?

To participate in a "Purse Auction" event, you will need to purchase a ticket to attend the event. Once at the event, you will have the opportunity to bid on purses that are up for auction.

What types of purses are typically up for auction at these events?

The purses up for auction at these events can vary greatly. They can range from designer handbags to locally made bags. The purses are typically new or gently used and in good condition.

Can I donate a purse for a "Purse Auction" event?

Yes, you can donate a purse for a "Purse Auction" event. Many organizations and individuals are always looking for donations to make their events a success. Contact the event organizer for more information on how to donate a purse.

Are there any rules or guidelines for bidding on purses at a "Purse Auction" event?

Yes, there are usually rules and guidelines in place for bidding on purses at these events. These can vary depending on the specific event, so it's best to check with the event organizer for more information. Generally, there is a minimum bid amount and bidding increments to follow.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • reesefamily5
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
reesefamily5
  • babywings76