• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Charity Fundraiser for Orphanage in India: Raffle and Show for a Good Cause

In summary, the conversation is about planning a successful fundraiser show for a friend's charity that supports an orphanage and widows in India. The idea of selling raffle tickets for a chance to win a $100 PC gift certificate is suggested, but there is also the idea of having a separate show for the charity. The friend has a large mailing list and is not concerned about selling tickets, but the host is unsure if the two events should be combined or held separately. Suggestions are also made for raffle ticket sales and how to involve the show guests. Ultimately, the decision is made to have the two events be separate, with the fundraiser solely focusing on raffle ticket sales for the gift certificate.
pamperedcheflori
I have a friend who has a charity that supports an orphanage and widows in India. I want to have a really successful fundraiser show for her. My SD told me about selling raffle tickets ($5-10 each) expecting that the "hostess" would be able to sell 50-100 tickets. I would then buy one $100 PC gift certificate to raffle off with the money raised and the rest goes to the charity. She also wants to have a show though? So do I combine the two, hold them separately? She has a large mailing list for her charity and is not concerned about being able to sell lots of tickets. I don't think I need to combine them, her mailing list is pretty national and her party guests would more than likely be local although she is interested in collecting web orders too!
What to do? What to do? Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

1 week til my first Conference!

Woo-Hoo

Lori J.
Vancouver, WA:)

I don't have alot of experience with fundraisers, but I will tell you my thoughts.
I think that raffle tickets are ok if there is going to be more going on at the FR other than PC. People will be more inclined to purchase PC if there not already waiting on winning something free. You could do raffles for PC baskets (a few small items grouped together).

Sorry I can't help more

In the line of the raffle tickets. You can wait and see how many are sold and then place the order. Then if they sell WAY more than 50-100, you know how many GC to buy or you can put it so there are products drawn for the ticket pulled at that time. Say they make a goal to sell 200 tickets and then once all are sold tickets, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 etc pulled win something...then tickets 196,197,198, 199, 200 can win something to. So every ticket gets pulled but only certain ones win something w/ the biggest winners being the 1st ticket and the last 5 or something like that.
This will require some pre-selling of tickets.

I am thinking more that the two events will be separate. She wants to have a show for her friends but wants to raise money for her charity. My thought for the fundraiser (which would not involve a party, or people even being present) would that it would just be raffle tickets sales for one prize maybe two and the winner being called and sent the GC. I think it would be easier on her and she could include her show guests in the raffle if they wanted to purchase a raffle ticket.

Hi Lori,First of all, congratulations on your upcoming conference! That's so exciting!As for your friend's fundraiser, I think it's great that you're looking for ways to make it successful. Combining the raffle ticket sales with a Pampered Chef show is a great idea. You could hold them separately, but I think combining them would be more efficient and beneficial for both the charity and your business.Here are a few ideas for combining the two:1. Host a Pampered Chef cooking show and include a raffle ticket sale as part of the event. This way, you can reach both your friend's mailing list and your local guests. You can also collect web orders during the show and donate a portion of the sales to the charity.2. Offer a special "charity bundle" for sale during the show, where a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the charity. This can be a popular item from the Pampered Chef catalog, or a special package you create specifically for the fundraiser.3. Since your friend has a national mailing list, you can also offer a virtual cooking show where guests can tune in from anywhere and purchase raffle tickets and/or products. This way, you can reach a larger audience and potentially raise more funds for the charity.I hope these ideas help. Best of luck with your fundraiser and conference!Sincerely,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is a "Fundraiser for a Friend" with Pampered Chef?

A "Fundraiser for a Friend" with Pampered Chef is a way to support a friend or loved one by hosting a cooking party and raising funds for their cause or need. It's a fun and easy way to make a positive impact and show your support.

2. How do I set up a "Fundraiser for a Friend" with Pampered Chef?

Setting up a "Fundraiser for a Friend" is simple! You can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and they will guide you through the process. They will help you choose a date, select a fundraising goal, and provide all the necessary materials and support.

3. Can I choose the cause or organization I want to support with the fundraiser?

Yes, you can choose any cause or organization that is important to you or your friend. It can be a personal cause, a local charity, or a national organization. Pampered Chef believes in giving back and supports a wide range of causes.

4. How much money can I expect to raise through a "Fundraiser for a Friend"?

The amount of money you can raise through a "Fundraiser for a Friend" will depend on several factors, such as the number of guests, the average order total, and the chosen fundraising goal. On average, hosts can earn 10-15% of the total party sales towards their cause.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a "Fundraiser for a Friend" with Pampered Chef?

Aside from supporting a great cause, hosting a "Fundraiser for a Friend" with Pampered Chef has many benefits. You will receive free and discounted products based on the party sales, and your guests will have a fun and memorable cooking experience while also contributing to a good cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
chefkitty
Replies
Views
laylaleigh
  • mandydollie
  • Pampered Chef Shows