• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Walk Them Through Catalog?

the stoneware collection. This is my personal favorite and the pieces are hand-built in my studio in Vermont. Each piece is unique and no two are alike. I love showing this collection because it's so versatile and you can use it for so many things. Now, who wants to buy something?" I only pack the new stuff (all of it?) and only what's in my recipe? (just want to be clear. lol). Yep, that's pretty much it. I always walk my customes through the catalog. Not every item of every page, but I do hit some major groups like chillzane, cutting boarads, knives, simple additions, cookware
its_me_susan
Do you have your own catalog flagged at certain pages? You must skip areas?

Still trying to cut down on number of items I bring...
Susan :)

After seeing Tom Marston's show, I will never go through a catalog with guests. I will just bring the new products, a piece of stoneware, a piece of cookware and some other favorites.

Andrea..

Did you go to one of Toms Shows or can you get a copy somewhere?

Karie

I don't, and have never, walked people through the catalog. I do my demo, discuss the items I use, crossell other...when I use an item, i tell the price and page # and then various other uses/cross-sells etc. But I can't imagine walking people thru a 40 page catalog -- WAY too time consuming

K.i.s...KEEP IT SIMPLE.

I am not one of those people who can memorize a darn thing so I can't even point people to the page anything is on and I move around to much to have the "list" anywhere either. I refuse to carry it and talk as that looks so unprofessional to me.
I never pack anything that is NOT new or anything I am NOT using for a recipe.
Keep It Simple!!!

I have little flags on MY catalog that tell me what pages the stones, cookware, knives and simple additions are located. My memory is shot so it's nice to just look and say "on pages 36 & 37 you'll find what I call the stoneware centerfold".

I don't have guests look at the catalog alot, but I've found it can useful to be able to point out the different shapes and sizes of products as listed in a very beautiful catalog.

Maybe I am wrong, but I always walk my customes through the catalog. Not every item of every page, but I do hit some major groups like chillzane, cutting boarads, knives, simple additions, cookware, stoneware, baking stuff, cookbooks, and whatever cool new stuff we have. As I show the guests the products in the catalog I pass whatever it is around so they can feel what they are looking at, and I ask for input on different uses and get the guests to sell it.

pampered1224 said:
KEEP IT SIMPLE.

I am not one of those people who can memorize a darn thing so I can't even point people to the page anything is on and I move around to much to have the "list" anywhere either. I refuse to carry it and talk as that looks so unprofessional to me.
I never pack anything that is NOT new or anything I am NOT using for a recipe.
Keep It Simple!!!

So you ONLY pack the new stuff (all of it?) and only what's in your recipe? (just want to be clear. lol). I just LOVE all of my stuff and want to show. lol. It is REALLY difficult for me. Do you still sell alot of what you don't bring?

gilliandanielle said:
Maybe I am wrong, but I always walk my customes through the catalog. Not every item of every page, but I do hit some major groups like chillzane, cutting boarads, knives, simple additions, cookware, stoneware, baking stuff, cookbooks, and whatever cool new stuff we have. As I show the guests the products in the catalog I pass whatever it is around so they can feel what they are looking at, and I ask for input on different uses and get the guests to sell it.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong! I kind of did the same thing with stones (so many shapes & sizes), SA, cookware and the chillzannes too. Guests seemed grateful :)

I picked up a great tip one time that makes you look like a genius. Know the pages for cookware, Simple Additions and stoneware and refer to them as you do that spiel, or as you end your show and say,

"I can help you find anything you want in the catalog, but everybody is always looking for these 3 collections, so let me point them out right now to everybody at once. Page 8, the cornerstone of beautiful serving and entertaining--Simple Additions. These pieces are sturdy and chip resistant and the clean white color makes whatever you're serving look even more appetizing. Page 18 begins our cookware. Both the Executive & Professional lines carry a lifetime guarantee, so you will be thrilled with either choice. The Executive line has some fantastic bells and whistles and is reinforced with a titanium alloy. When you whack an intruder on the head with the skillet, he'll drop like a rock and you won't dent your pan. Finally, page 32 is our famous stoneware. All the hype is true...you can use it in the oven, microwave or toaster oven, and you will never go back to metal cookie sheets or glass casserole dishes. It's lead and terracotta free and far superior to any other stones you can find even in the best department stores.

Seriously, my sales in all three collections jumped up when I started telling guests that everybody else was ordering them and exactly where they were. I couldn't believe it.

Wow, Wendy! That's awesome!

WendyAebi said:
I picked up a great tip one time that makes you look like a genius. Know the pages for cookware, Simple Additions and stoneware and refer to them as you do that spiel, or as you end your show and say,

"I can help you find anything you want in the catalog, but everybody is always looking for these 3 collections, so let me point them out right now to everybody at once. Page 8, the cornerstone of beautiful serving and entertaining--Simple Additions. These pieces are sturdy and chip resistant and the clean white color makes whatever you're serving look even more appetizing. Page 18 begins our cookware. Both the Executive & Professional lines carry a lifetime guarantee, so you will be thrilled with either choice. The Executive line has some fantastic bells and whistles and is reinforced with a titanium alloy. When you whack an intruder on the head with the skillet, he'll drop like a rock and you won't dent your pan. Finally, page 32 is our famous stoneware. All the hype is true...you can use it in the oven, microwave or toaster oven, and you will never go back to metal cookie sheets or glass casserole dishes. It's lead and terracotta free and far superior to any other stones you can find even in the best department stores.

Seriously, my sales in all three collections jumped up when I started telling guests that everybody else was ordering them and exactly where they were. I couldn't believe it.

LOVE this ~ thank you!!!

Wendy: I took this yesterday to my show, I kept it on my table hiding behind something and I actually READ it. LOL Everyone was looking through the catalog as I mentioned it. It was great!

I am going to read it at my next show too! Maybe I can get part of it memorized by Saturday!

I'm going to practice. I read it because I just couldn't remember the oage numbers, duh!

I'm going to try that at my next party.

I walked the guests through a few pages...SA, Cookware and Stoneware....I didn't go through the entire catalog. I'm still new and don't know many of the page numbers yet but I have a general idea of where in the catalog they are so it was quick. I don't know if I'll keep doing it that way or not. It was my first party. Also, I plan on taking a lot of the newer things with me to show....and since it's summer I'll be taking the grilling things and the outdoor plates...chillzanne (which I LOVE)

I just did this at a show a week ago. I wanted a way to talk about our products without having to bring so many to shows. Plus, our catalog is put together so nicely, it's a tool in it self.

1. How do I navigate through the catalog?

To navigate through the catalog, you can use the table of contents at the beginning to find specific categories or page numbers. You can also use the index at the back of the catalog to search for specific products. Additionally, you can flip through the pages to browse all the products in order.

2. Can I place an order directly from the catalog?

Yes, you can place an order directly from the catalog by either calling our customer service number or visiting our website. Each product in the catalog has a corresponding item number, which you can use to easily add the item to your order.

3. Are all products in the catalog in stock?

While we strive to keep all products in stock, there may be instances where a product is temporarily out of stock. In these cases, you can still place an order and we will notify you of any delays or backorders.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions in the catalog?

Yes, the catalog often features special deals and promotions, such as discounted prices or free gifts with purchase. These promotions will be clearly marked in the catalog and can also be found on our website.

5. Can I customize my order from the catalog?

Unfortunately, we are unable to customize orders from the catalog. However, you can contact our customer service team to inquire about customization options for specific products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • PCGINA
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies